Political debate Mitt vs. obama

There is no way Romney can beat obama not with what he signed onto and supported while governor.

Actually his moderate stance is what makes him electable. The hard-right very vocal minority in your party is a minority nonetheless.

Think about this mathematically. As unpopular as you think he is, a little less than half of the country still approves of Obama. A slightly higher number disapprove. Of those who disapprove, how many do you suppose are disenchanted by how moderate Obama himself is?

In other words, you seem to think the harder right someone is, the more popular and/or 'electable' they are, which is nonsense. Obama the candidate was a lot further left than Obama the President, and the candidate won in 2008 in a landslide.

His moderate stance? How can a leftie be a moderate? If he's the mirror image of obama how can he be anything but like obama?

Yes, you're re-enforcing my point. They're both moderates. Romney's probably a little more of a weather vane than Obama but other than that there's not a huge difference.

No Cuyo they're both liberal.

Big gov't healthcare is liberal, big spending is liberal, both are liberals.

Actually his moderate stance is what makes him electable. The hard-right very vocal minority in your party is a minority nonetheless.

Think about this mathematically. As unpopular as you think he is, a little less than half of the country still approves of Obama. A slightly higher number disapprove. Of those who disapprove, how many do you suppose are disenchanted by how moderate Obama himself is?

In other words, you seem to think the harder right someone is, the more popular and/or 'electable' they are, which is nonsense. Obama the candidate was a lot further left than Obama the President, and the candidate won in 2008 in a landslide.

His moderate stance? How can a leftie be a moderate? If he's the mirror image of obama how can he be anything but like obama?

Yes, you're re-enforcing my point. They're both moderates. Romney's probably a little more of a weather vane than Obama but other than that there's not a huge difference.
Saying obama is a moderate doesn't make him one.
Like calling Bush a conservative, Bush was a Rino and not conservative. Nor is obama a moderate.

In fairness to the current field of Republicans, it's fair to say not even Abraham Lincoln or Ronald Reagan could best President Obama in a debate. Maybe Thomas Jefferson, but even that match up would be a close toss up. President Obama is SHARP, and I'm a Republican admitting that. The best way to debate him it would seem is to contrast his debating prowess with a quiet, plain straight-shooter who comes across as genuine.

Single payer is liberal. O'romneycare is dead-center.

Agree to disagree.

Gov't always move the goal posts on what's liberal and isn't.

New gov't programs that cost billlions are no longer liberal, trillions of debt isn't spending liberally, trillions in spending budgets are no longer spending liberally.

Now I disagree with the above sentence, but that's what the media and parties tell us.

Single payer is liberal. O'romneycare is dead-center.
obama wanted single payer.

From campaign to passage, he advocated keeping the employer based system intact. Maybe he wants single payer, but he didn't aim for it. It wasn't politically feasible.

So he went with the moderate choice.

In fairness to the current field of Republicans, it's fair to say not even Abraham Lincoln or Ronald Reagan could best President Obama in a debate. Maybe Thomas Jefferson, but even that match up would be a close toss up. President Obama is SHARP, and I'm a Republican admitting that. The best way to debate him it would seem is to contrast his debating prowess with a quiet, plain straight-shooter who comes across as genuine.

Actually (as a Democrat speaking), sometimes his slogans get on my nerves. I suppose they work for a lot of people but it's so blatantly obvious to me.

(cut with a scalpel not a hatchet, pay their fair share, etc)

It has nothing to do with how one can articulate their point, The republicans running and supported by the GOP at one time in their past did support one of obama's agenda imitativeness. That's where he will beat Romney and Newt

obama wanted single payer.

From campaign to passage, he advocated keeping the employer based system intact. Maybe he wants single payer, but he didn't aim for it. It wasn't politically feasible.

NO he wanted single payer the end.

Oh, I was going to continue debating, particularly because you're dead wrong, but here you have just said 'the end,' so I guess that ends the debate...

Oh, I was going to continue debating, particularly because you're dead wrong, but here you have just said 'the end,' so I guess that ends the debate...

It's a fact obama was for single payer what is there to debate?

Oh have you re-opened the debate?

He made no legislative attempt for single payer, whether or not he is or ever 'was for it.' What more do you need to know? He campaigned on the basis of Obamacare, he won, he ultimately passed Obamacare.

So he campaigned on the moderate position, won, and then implemented the moderate position. What's so confusing about that?

Most of my post was a cut and paste so you missed it by a mile.

Well, then.... I suggest you read what you're cutting and pasting. It's not my role to interpret that drivel.

It's jibberish. Whether it is yours or theirs is of no consequence.

It's not gibberish, the original author did it to show how much Romney is a mirror image of obama.
Can you refute those claims you call gibberish?

I quoted the 'jibberish' that was supposed to be the 'second sentence' although it does not fit within the definition of a 'sentence'. If the second sentence is jibberish, I rarely waste my time reading further.

I don't speak 'jibberish'.

He made no legislative attempt for single payer, whether or not he is or ever 'was for it.' What more do you need to know? He campaigned on the basis of Obamacare, he won, he ultimately passed Obamacare.

So he campaigned on the moderate position, won, and then implemented the moderate position. What's so confusing about that?
OBAMA IN ‘03 (UNCUT): I’D LIKE TO SEE A ‘SINGLE PAYER HEALTH CARE PLAN’
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE&feature=player_embedded]Obama on single payer health insurance - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE&feature=player_embedded]Obama on single payer health insurance - YouTube[/ame]

1. That's from 2003.

2. It in no way negates what I said the end.

Well, then.... I suggest you read what you're cutting and pasting. It's not my role to interpret that drivel.

It's jibberish. Whether it is yours or theirs is of no consequence.

It's not gibberish, the original author did it to show how much Romney is a mirror image of obama.
Can you refute those claims you call gibberish?

I quoted the 'jibberish' that was supposed to be the 'second sentence' although it does not fit within the definition of a 'sentence'. If the second sentence is jibberish, I rarely waste my time reading further.

I don't speak 'jibberish'.
I went back and edited so that it will be more understandable for those who are more astute than I.

Forum List

Back