Political correctness

$844812-fail_thread_super.jpg

I don't see why people complain about political correctness in general. I see it more of a complaint of over PC, which does happen to occur. However, with everything in life, it's about moderation. I see some people complain that it occurs to the extreme sometimes, well yes, so does racism. In this case, they're just the opposite extremes on the spectrum.

I will say one thing though, PC has disappeared more and more as racists suddenly grow some balls since they get to hide behind a username on the internet. :eusa_whistle:

The purpose being an attempt to make everyone equal ?

The purpose so no one is :eek: offended.

OMG I am offended by the word offended :lol:

*stamps foot* EVERYONE STOP USING THE WORD OFFENDED!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So is it safe to assume this was initiated by a bunch of people who were offended by words ?

God knows who started it but the Military got real weak when we were told we couldn't cuss in front of lower enlisted. By the time I retired in 93 you couldn't even smoke in front of troops. I actually had a Major tell me that calling the troops; trainees; was derogatory. (Yes we were in a training company.) I knew it was time to retire.

So is it safe to assume this was initiated by a bunch of people who were offended by words ?

Bingo!

Its all about relabeling the relabeling.

So who are the offended who could control public education and introduce it into the military ?

Bingo!

I heard Dennis Prager the other day say that political correctness is no more than applying euphemisms to uncomfortable truths.

Bingo!

I heard Dennis Prager the other day say that political correctness is no more than applying euphemisms to uncomfortable truths.

Id say that's a pretty good description but I'm still curious as hell how all this came about.

I first heard the term in the mid 80s. Tom Brokaw used it when quoting his daughter talking about her fiance, and how one of her requirements was that he be PC. She was a Berkeley student, I think.

It's no more than policing thought and speech some don't want to deal with. Social engineering.

Id say that's a pretty good description but I'm still curious as hell how all this came about.

I first heard the term in the mid 80s. Tom Brokaw used it when quoting his daughter talking about her fiance, and how one of her requirements was that he be PC. She was a Berkeley student, I think.

It's no more than policing thought and speech some don't want to deal with. Social engineering.

Getting closer----and whoever engineered it was certainly influential if not Machiavellain

Getting closer----and whoever engineered it was certainly influential if not Machiavellain

Not really. It's not much different than declaring oneself the winner of a debate and going home.

Not really. It's not much different than declaring oneself the winner of a debate and going home.

So someone commanded society to stop offending each other and moved on ?

So someone commanded society to stop offending each other and moved on ?

Yeah, only they didn't move on. (Perhaps that wasn't the best metaphor.) Think of it as a linguistic fascism. Very Orwellian, really.

Here are some examples:

"Fairness": what happens when liberals get their way.

"Unfairness": when "liberals" do not get their way.

"Funding": money from government

"Compassionate": using taxpayer money to buy votes.

"Insensitivity": objecting to the use of taxpayer money to buy votes.

"Crisis": any situation which "liberals" or leftists want changed through government action and compassionate funding (taxes).

"Public Interest Group": politically organized group of "liberals" or leftists supporting "liberal" causes or kooky "environmental" programs.

"Special Interest Lobby": politically organized group of conservatives or libertarians.

"White Middle-Class Greed: If someone resents paying taxes to support our generous welfare system (corporate or individual), that person is guilty of White Middle-Class Greed, regardless of his race or earnings level. Most of the world’s problems can be traced to White Middle-Class Greed and American Capitalism, as we all know.

"Entitlement": An entitlement is something that "Society" owes a member of a specially designated minority group or person defined as below the poverty level (as determined by government bureaucrats). It is provided by getting the government to take money from those who work for it and then giving it to those who are entitled to it. Those who work for it or earn it through market investments are NOT entitled to it, you understand.

"Equal Opportunity": preferential treatment.

"Simplistic": arguments "liberals" don't agree with but can't answer

Introductory Guide to “Political Correctness”

Last edited:

Forum List

Back