Political Compass Test

On the graph, my dot sits where Jacques Chiracs name is. Uh oh, LOL!! Who'd a thunk, lol!:p:
Oh, forgot to add my numbers, lol
Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.77

Hey, I'm not Hitler:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.49

Frankly, I don't care for the tone or the wording. It smells like a loaded poll to me.

In 1995, when mean old Newt Gingrich was challenging government funding for PBS on the grounds that the network was - shall we say - less than objective (where on earth did he get THAT idea?), PBS conducted a poll. It was worded:

"If funding for public television were stopped, who would suffer more - children or adults?"

Isn't that lovely? That's like asking a man if he's still beating his wife. It's a no-win question. Had PBS really given a damn about people's opinions, they would have asked something like, "If PBS funding were cut, would children and adults suffer, A) a lot, B) not much, or, C) not at all?". But, no - they weren't interested in actual information. They posed a loaded question in order to obtain a predetermined result. Whether or not there would be "suffering" was never even debated - that was a given. And, for added, chilling effect, they employed the time-honored liberal gambit of raising the horrible specter of (sob) suffering children (this - from the same people who so passionately defend partial-birth abortion). An independent polling firm, in a scathing summary of the PBS poll, said, "This is the kind of thing that gives polling a bad name."

Whoever posted this test (sorry, - I've forgotten your handle), if I'm being overly suspicious, I apologize. A lifetime of dealing with the malodorous tripe of the mainstream American press has left me with a very sensitive nose.

MY political compass
Economic Left/Right: 3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.62

Paul Martin

-----------------------

I'm with you music. It was clear to me that some of the questions were loaded.

Has anybody taken their Iconochasms test?

Economic Left/Right: -1.25
Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.77

Hey, Hannitized...we're just about the same! But if you look at the graph closely, the actual dot for Chirac is in the right side...we're closer to Pope John Paul II!

-Douglas

Economic Left/Right: -3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

i'm down with nelson mandela

:D

it is a loaded test, some of the questions are piss poor and others are about as clear as a storm cloud

I didn't care for some of the wording of the questions either, or the fact that there was no real middle ground in the choices. Still fun to see where I landed.

Economic Left/Right: 1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.82

I ended up on the scale in about the same place as Gerhard Schroder. Found it odd that Saddam Hussien was just about the same distance from Hitler as he was from Ppe John Paul II.

Interesting

Economic Left/Right: 2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21

not sure that the results indicate anything though

Economic Left/Right: 3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87

Definitely loaded. I answered the way i felt the question was worded. Thats why i came out about where i stand.

I mean look at these:

In a civilised society, one must always have people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded.

A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.

Our civil liberties are being excessively curbed in the name of counter-terrorism.

What's good for the most successful corporations is always, ultimately, good for all of us.

I don't think questions like these are fair.

Economic Left/Right: -0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87

About where I thought I was politically - I always viewed myself a conservative centrist, but this put me a little more center/left than I would have thought. Must be mellowing with age :)

This quiz was invented by the Libertarian party, and is totally loaded to make everyone seem like a libertarian. Good concept, poor execution.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
This quiz was invented by the Libertarian party, and is totally loaded to make everyone seem like a libertarian. Good concept, poor execution.

Is that so? The spelling of certain words made me think it was of Canadian or British origin.

I still have yet to find a test I really like. Some things I might be okay with or I might not depending on other factors or if it was more specific.

Forum List

Back