Political commentator touting family values labeled deadbeat dad

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Sheriff's Department says Lenny McAllister, who you might have seen on national cable news, is near the top of the county's list of deadbeat parents.

You can find video of him on YouTube and on his own website regularly making speeches at Tea Party events.

“The children of America are in crisis,” he says during one.

“Walking the talk for all of us starts with uplifting our children,” he says during another.

Lenny McAllister has been called a rising star in the Republican Party, and just got a gig hosting a Chicago radio show. His speeches often focus on family values and making the world a better place for the children.

“The children of America are in crisis,” he has said.

But we've learned the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Department is looking for McAllister and has an arrest warrant for the Davidson grad.

They even have him prominently featured on their website, under deadbeat parents, saying he owes more than $37,000 in child support for his two oldest kids, who live in Pennsylvania.

Political commentator touting family values labeled deadbeat dad | WCNC.com | Charlotte News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | WCNC.com | News for Charlotte, NC

another proud member of the family values party

Sheriff's Department says Lenny McAllister, who you might have seen on national cable news, is near the top of the county's list of deadbeat parents.

You can find video of him on YouTube and on his own website regularly making speeches at Tea Party events.

“The children of America are in crisis,” he says during one.

“Walking the talk for all of us starts with uplifting our children,” he says during another.

Lenny McAllister has been called a rising star in the Republican Party, and just got a gig hosting a Chicago radio show. His speeches often focus on family values and making the world a better place for the children.

“The children of America are in crisis,” he has said.

But we've learned the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Department is looking for McAllister and has an arrest warrant for the Davidson grad.

They even have him prominently featured on their website, under deadbeat parents, saying he owes more than $37,000 in child support for his two oldest kids, who live in Pennsylvania.

Political commentator touting family values labeled deadbeat dad | WCNC.com | Charlotte News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | WCNC.com | News for Charlotte, NC

another proud member of the family values party

Good thing they found this goon early.

I hope they send him back to PA in chains.

I always said Family Life matters to me when I vote, and the uber sensitive say "leave the family out of it!!"

But sorry that I don't trust Rudy Guliani when his own children don't even like him. I'm human.

Before I drew a conclusion, I'd prefer to see both sides of the story. Having said that, anyone who abandons their kids would not get my vote.

I always said Family Life matters to me when I vote, and the uber sensitive say "leave the family out of it!!"

But sorry that I don't trust Rudy Guliani when his own children don't even like him. I'm human.

I don't think the 'leave the family out of it' is about how an individual treats their family. Its about not doing thing like criticizing Palin for choosing to keep her Downs Syndrome child rather than aborting him. It's about not dissing the kids or other family members as a way of dissing the candidate. But, sure, what that candidate does with regard to not paying maintenance etc, yea... that is a legitimate concern. Anyone who abandons their kids does not, in my view, have the morals I would want in a candidate.

I don't think the 'leave the family out of it' is about how an individual treats their family. Its about not doing thing like criticizing Palin for choosing to keep her Downs Syndrome child rather than aborting him. It's about not dissing the kids or other family members as a way of dissing the candidate. But, sure, what that candidate does with regard to not paying maintenance etc, yea... that is a legitimate concern. Anyone who abandons their kids does not, in my view, have the morals I would want in a candidate.

It's a deal buster.

Even if they were not running around talking about family values.

Well then, there's gray area there. Like, if a kid seems all effed in the head and not well adjusted, then I'd like to know about that and I'd consider it, in my vote.

For instance, no, I wouldn't knock her about the abortion vs. not part. But, as a woman, she took the road of being an on-the-road mom when she has a special needs child. I consider that.

She's got strong Religious sentiments, and her Daughter got preggers out of wedlock and at a pretty early age. I consider that.

Also, Levi's stories are not necessarily true, but they're not necessarily false and they fit her profile from what I've observed. Those are food for thought, for me.

TEA Party Smear Attempt FAIL!
From your link:
McAllister says he's been in a custody battle with his ex-wife for a decade but admits he hasn't paid all the court mandated child support since losing his high paying job three years ago. “Yes it’s been drastically reduced. That's why I’ve been going through the courts to get the arrears amount adjusted.”
Now remarried with a new baby, McAllister says he thought the courts were adjusting what he owed.
He estimates he's been paying $200 a month. He was originally paying $3,000 a month.
“This is what fathers go through, especially in this recession.”
The man HAS been paying child support, just less than he used to because he LOST HIS JOB! Now he has a new job and is looking to make good on back child support. Many American men go through this every year. I feel bad for him.

OP not negged due to fear of retaliatory negging! :lol:

Well then, there's gray area there. Like, if a kid seems all effed in the head and not well adjusted, then I'd like to know about that and I'd consider it, in my vote.

For instance, no, I wouldn't knock her about the abortion vs. not part. But, as a woman, she took the road of being an on-the-road mom when she has a special needs child. I consider that.

She's got strong Religious sentiments, and her Daughter got preggers out of wedlock and at a pretty early age. I consider that.

Also, Levi's stories are not necessarily true, but they're not necessarily false and they fit her profile from what I've observed. Those are food for thought, for me.

Seems to me then that - despite appearances - you're just a bit of a judgemental ass. Lots of women bring up a kid and work - politicians are no different, and Downs Syndrome children cope very well. Seems to me, you're not very well informed about Downs.

Her daughter made a mistake. So? I actually respect her for making the hard choice to keep the baby rather than the quick fix of an abortion. I fail to see why that should impact on a candidate's suitability for office. It was hardly Palin's fault that her daughter got pregnant.... and at least Bristol isn't flouting single motherhood at 17 as a great idea.

As for Levi... I haven't read anything he has claimed. I am not interested in his whining.

"Family Values" is not a personal ethic practiced by opportunistic politicians of any stripe, rather, it comes from a very specific GOP strategy which was institutionalized in the 70s to take advantage of middle class disaffection with the liberal order, which order was promoting ethical constructs like secularism, relativism, and feminism - all of which threatened traditional family social roles. The left was also using welfare to lift up African Americans, who the right claimed were by nature atavistic and anti-family. Put another way: through its promotion of "alternative lifestyles", the left was seen as promoting a myriad of anti-family social roles. Therefore, the right seized white anxiety over this social revolution - and, consequently, all politicians on the right began to practice pro family rhetoric - not because they were pro-family but because it worked. It's called politics.

Last edited:

Seems to me then that - despite appearances - you're just a bit of a judgemental ass. Lots of women bring up a kid and work - politicians are no different, and Downs Syndrome children cope very well. Seems to me, you're not very well informed about Downs.

Her daughter made a mistake. So? I actually respect her for making the hard choice to keep the baby rather than the quick fix of an abortion. I fail to see why that should impact on a candidate's suitability for office. It was hardly Palin's fault that her daughter got pregnant.... and at least Bristol isn't flouting single motherhood at 17 as a great idea.

As for Levi... I haven't read anything he has claimed. I am not interested in his whining.

Wrong, I have close family that are special needs and if their parent was one who traveled the majority of their waking moments, they wouldn't be where they are today.

Her Daughter's Mistake as a 17 year old show that Palin either failed to somehow instill her "Values" in her Daughter, by, you know, Parenting.....or Levi is just that big of a Don Juan Demarco.

"Family Values" is not a personal ethic practiced by opportunistic politicians of any stripe, rather, it comes from a very specific GOP strategy which was institutionalized in the 70s to take advantage of middle class disaffection with the liberal order, which order was promoting ethical constructs like secularism, relativism, and feminism - all of which threatened traditional family social roles. The left was also using welfare to lift up African Americans, who the right claimed were by nature atavistic and anti-family. Put another way: through its promotion of "alternative lifestyles", the left was seen as promoting a myriad of anti-family social roles. Therefore, the right seized white anxiety over this social revolution - and, consequently, all politicians on the right began to practice pro family rhetoric - not because they were pro-family but because it worked. It's called politics.

What's interesting, and kind of sad, is that many voters on the right are completely oblivious to these sorts of political manipulations, that is, they are extremely trusting of their leaders. These poor souls: they go into the voting booth because of values, and they come out with the Iraq War and big government conservatism, which starting with Reagan has spent this nation off a cliff. Yet - somehow- they still believe deeply in their leaders. The same thing happened with Cold War rhetoric, that is, many portions of the Left understood that the Cold War was merely a pretext to extend Washington's influence over 3rd world resources (i.e., Washington inflated the Soviet Threat to bring vital geopolitical assets under its "protective" wing). Indeed, many university educated people saw through this bluster - they understood that Washington was merely using national security as a pretext to create a global market system; which system, it is important to note, was to be centrally controlled by Washington (not "market principles")- but the Right, because they trust Washington so deeply, bought into the rhetoric of "evil doers" hook-line-&-sinker. These people cried when Reagan spoke, i.e., their trust in government surpasses anything on the Left (who in the sixties were far more anti-government than anything ever seen on the right).

Indeed, Rather than a healthy skepticism of EVERYTHING that government says and does (including matters of national security), the Right wing voter - bless his soul - drapes himself in Red White & Blue, thus supporting dear leader without so much as one question. *This is why Bush was able to fool America into Iraq: because the Right has always trusted government too much. This is the dirty little secret behind the fall of a great nation. The Right not only trusts what dear leader says about national security, but they destroy anyone on the Left who is skeptical of government. The problem with American politics has always been centered around the fact that Washington has turned well meaning, God-fearing patriots into scared-&-paranoid useful-idiots. Tragically, I do not see this problem getting fixed because corporate sponsored talk radio has won: America's highways are now filled with impotent middle aged white men clutching their steering wheels in fear of the same old manufactured demons.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back