Political Climate of the US.

How do you perceive the political climate of the US?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
Denver
How do you perceive the political climate of the US? Is it a liberal, conservative, left leaning, right leaning, or centrist?

I am going to use the information from this poll and associate it with another poll that is similar, but takes into account the degree of the political spectrum of USMB members, and how USMB members perceive the political climate of the US.

After the polls die, I'll start a new thread with the results.

P.S. The polls will be public.

C'mon, guys. Hurry up and answer before this thread gets relegated permanently to "Old".

I'd say as evidenced by the last election.. the 'mantra' is leaning a little to the left.. though generally the country is conglomerated in close proximity to the center.. and it occasionally leans slightly to one side or the other

I'd say "Liberal" and getting worse every 5 minutes... Pretty soon she's going to blow!

Yep! right now it's definitely liberal until we reach critical mass and god knows what that's going to look like.

I'd say as evidenced by the last election.. the 'mantra' is leaning a little to the left.. though generally the country is conglomerated in close proximity to the center.. and it occasionally leans slightly to one side or the other

I'd say it's a combination between your answer and Dude's. A lot of people just don't give a crap either way or lack the education to have an informed opionion either way. For those who are left, I think the majority is center to slightly right of center. The Democratic gains over the last few years have had little to do with a change in ideology as it has been a backlash against Republicans over their lack of fiscally responsible governance.

It is hard to say. Obviously, last November was a stinging rebuke to the Bush administration and what modern day conservativsm has become. That is not to say that SENSIBLE conservatism is dead - only momentarily whapped into the corner thanks to Chimpy and his band of thugs.

Nonetheless, the mood of the country is definitely left leaning at this point. President Obama's ratings are high. He is showing the country that he is both a hands on President as well as one who thinks it is important to keep in touch with the citizenry, i.e., his numerous speeches since he has been in office. Quite a change from the veil of secrecy that preceded this administration.

What is left of the Right is, as usual, screaming loudly, distorting the truth and churning out propaganda as fast as possible, which makes it seem as though they are still viable. Not so, however. Witness the current feeding frenzy regarding Judge Sotamayor. Pathectic.

I voted liberal. And I'm stickin' to it.

Forum List

Back