Political Analysis Poll

Where do you consider yourself politically?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am a Ronald Reagan conservative.

Pres Reagan pulled the US out of the disaster known as Jimmy Carter and renewed the US economy and military.

I am a Ronald Reagan conservative.

Pres Reagan pulled the US out of the disaster known as Jimmy Carter and renewed the US economy and military.

You do realize that President Reagan was a moderate right? The consensus among most political scholars is that President Reagan took a moderate stance on Foreign Affairs, environmental practices, and most domestic issues. Todays GOP is alot farther to the right than it was when President Reagan was at the helm.

You do realize that President Reagan was a moderate right? The consensus among most political scholars is that President Reagan took a moderate stance on Foreign Affairs, environmental practices, and most domestic issues. Todays GOP is alot farther to the right than it was when President Reagan was at the helm.

On the major issues Ronald Reagan took the correct action. He cuts the top tax rate friom 70% to 28% and lit a fire under the US economy

He built up the military to the point where the Soviet Union fell

He did it with a liberal media attacking him and the Dems in Congress kicking and screaming

I grew up under Pres Peanut Carter and I know first hand the rotten economy Reagan had to fix. He did a brilliant job

For his efforts, we won 49 states in his reelection bid in 1984

On the major issues Ronald Reagan took the correct action. He cuts the top tax rate friom 70% to 28% and lit a fire under the US economy

He built up the military to the point where the Soviet Union fell

He did it with a liberal media attacking him and the Dems in Congress kicking and screaming

I grew up under Pres Peanut Carter and I know first hand the rotten economy Reagan had to fix. He did a brilliant job

For his efforts, we won 49 states in his reelection bid in 1984

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Yet, it has nothing to do with the comment that I made. My assertion was that President Reagan was a moderate. Most scholars agree with this position. You spew forth your words of conservatism and hatred of the left not even realizing that you sully the memory of the Great Communicator in the same breath by declaring yourself a "Ronald Reagan Conservative." President Reagan didn't hate the left, he revered them. He had a working relationship with Speaker O'Neal and did what had to be done to get things done. He didn't hate the left, he worked with them. He was a bastion of moderation. Not a hatred spewing conservative mouthpiece.

If this is hard for you to understand, I'd be happy to draw you a picture in crayon.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Yet, it has nothing to do with the comment that I made. My assertion was that President Reagan was a moderate. Most scholars agree with this position. You spew forth your words of conservatism and hatred of the left not even realizing that you sully the memory of the Great Communicator in the same breath by declaring yourself a "Ronald Reagan Conservative." President Reagan didn't hate the left, he revered them. He had a working relationship with Speaker O'Neal and did what had to be done to get things done. He didn't hate the left, he worked with them. He was a bastion of moderation. Not a mouthpiece.

If this is hard for you to understand, I'd be happy to draw you a picture in crayon.

The problem is that he wasn't alive when Reagan was president, so he has no understanding. I didn't agree with Reagan on lots of issues, but the guy knew how to sit down with the "other side" and build consensus unlike the "hatred spewing conservatives" (I like that, btw). But then again, that was when we didn't have an administration which called those who disagreed with it "unpatriotic" and "terrorist sympathizers".

The problem is that he wasn't alive when Reagan was president, so he has no understanding. I didn't agree with Reagan on lots of issues, but the guy knew how to sit down with the "other side" and build consensus unlike the "hatred spewing conservatives" (I like that, btw). But then again, that was when we didn't have an administration which called those who disagreed with it "unpatriotic" and "terrorist sympathizers".

I grew up under Pres Peanut. I remember very well a prime interest rate of 20%. Double digit inflation. I remember the economy was so bad the Misery Index was invented to show Americans how bad things were.

I remember gas lines stretching around the block. Energy prices doubled and all Pres Peanut did was were a sweater on TV and told Americans to do the same.

Pres Reagan stood tall to the Soviets and called them the "Evil Empire" He walked out of the conference with Mikhail Gorbachev when Regan would not give up the SDF system.

The liberal media and Dems screamed REagan would start WWIII. Dems had a meltdown when Reagan moved nuclear missles into Europe and had them pointing at the Soviet Union.

Libd demanded we talk to the Soviets and show them we did not mean them any harm. Sounds very familiar.

Jilly, like most libs, you are trying to rewrite history so you can be on the right side of it. To bad for you, I was alive during the Reagan years and my memory is good.

Forum List

Back