Polish Prime Minister, Peeved Over Missile Shield Reversal, Rejects Call from Clinton

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The United States and Poland remain close allies despite President Obama's decision to drop plans for a missile defense shield in the Eastern European country, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk insisted Thursday.

But Tusk may have felt differently Wednesday night, when he got a phone call to tell him about Obama's decision, which would be announced the following day.

Tusk told Polish radio that he did not want to speak with Obama on Wednesday night because he wanted to "properly prepare for the discussion."

But Politico.com reported Friday that it wasn't Obama on the line -- that Tusk actually rejected a call from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton -- who called him to detail the plan -- because as a head of government, he thought he should hear from Obama directly.

Polish Prime Minister, Peeved Over Missile Shield Reversal, Rejects Call from Clinton - Political News - FOXNews.com

I don't get it. The missile shield was supposedly to protect Poland against missiles from Iran that don't even exist yet. What does this have to do with the Russians?

I don't get it. The missile shield was supposedly to protect Poland against missiles from Iran that don't even exist yet. What does this have to do with the Russians?

good question. maybe you can find out and come back and tell us why Russia was so pissed if it had nothing to do with them. I'll wait right here.

Why would we be spending money we don't have to protect Poland in the first place?

I think we signed some sort of treaty,, it was a deal made.. so obamalama said to poland fuck you deal's off. and then he sucked putin's dick on the 70th anniversary of the russian invasion of poland.. see how that diplomacy works?

Yup. BHO pissed off an ally to capitulate to irrational paranoia of the Russians.

Funny thing is, we all know the Russians are anything but irrational. All they had to do was whine a bit, depend on misinformation in the press about this system, and the BHO groupies/public opinion would support this. The public were used as tools.

Why would we be spending money we don't have to protect Poland in the first place?

I think we signed some sort of treaty,, it was a deal made.. so obamalama said to poland fuck you deal's off. and then he sucked putin's dick on the 70th anniversary of the russian invasion of poland.. see how that diplomacy works?

You think? Or you know for sure?

Last I heard, Patriot missiles were still fail
I would wonder why Poland wanted them based on that, but the last you heard doesn't jibe too well with the facts that they were effective in the Iraq invasion and that Poland wanted them. Combine that with the fact that Egypt, Germany, Greece, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, the Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, and the UAE have all purchased these missiles since, I cannot imagine that they are a 'fail'. (Patriot Missile Air Defence System - Army Technology)

I heard can stop a missile on launch but are pretty usless once the missile reaches cruising altitude/speed

Has that changed?
That's not their only designed function, so I must wonder why you judge them as a failure. Where did you hear this? That may help.

Last edited:
I forget, exactly, but I read a while back that the problem w/ missile defense was that we could only stop the missiles before they reached cruising height/altuitude0- the whole 'hitting a bullet with a bullet' thing. I thought that was one of the reasons we were looking into the ABL and other laser-based anti-missile systems? Last I heard, the Patriots was only moderately successful when the conditions of the test were set up perfe4ctly.

Why we can't use a missile that uses an EMP (and need not hit directly), I don't know

A few moment on Google brought this up, regarding addition computer problems

The Patriot Flawed? - 60 Minutes - CBS News

GAO Report: Patriot Missile Defense-- Software Problem Led to System Failure at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.

CorpWatch : US: The Fatal Flaws in the Patriot Missile System

The THAAD is even worse

Missile Defense System Fails Fourth Test Lockheed Martin Stock Falls Amid Doubts About $17 Billion Project

Have these matters been rectified and has the PM ever been proven reliable when it's unknown where the target hill come, and from where?

It'd be comforting to find out my information is out of date :lol:

I forget, exactly, but I read a while back that the problem w/ missile defense was that we could only stop the missiles before they reached cruising height/altuitude0- the whole 'hitting a bullet with a bullet' thing. I thought that was one of the reasons we were looking into the ABL and other laser-based anti-missile systems? Last I heard, the Patriots was only moderately successful when the conditions of the test were set up perfe4ctly.

Why we can't use a missile that uses an EMP (and need not hit directly), I don't know

A few moment on Google brought this up, regarding addition computer problems

The Patriot Flawed? - 60 Minutes - CBS News

GAO Report: Patriot Missile Defense-- Software Problem Led to System Failure at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.

CorpWatch*:*US: The Fatal Flaws in the Patriot Missile System

The THAAD is even worse

Missile Defense System Fails Fourth Test Lockheed Martin Stock Falls Amid Doubts About $17 Billion Project

Have these matters been rectified and has the PM ever been proven reliable when it's unknown where the target hill come, and from where?

It'd be comforting to find out my information is out of date :lol:
I think I see why you were discussing the Patriots. The Patriots are not the interceptor missiles used in this system. The Patriot - Poland connection is that part of the deal to Poland was our supplying them with Patriot missiles as part of a return for their allowing our system there.

Agreed. The timing of this is suspect, and thanks for mentioning it.

According to the Hildebeast? Obama plans somethig "Better" to the Czech Republic, and Poland...

Of their OWN Design possibly? (That is that the agreement Bush had is null and void now and Bush is now out of the picture)?

[The Hildebeast Today]

“We've heard criticism of this plan from some quarters, but much of that criticism is not yet connected to the facts. We are not, quote, 'shelving missile defense.' We are deploying missile defense sooner than the Bush administration planned to do so, and we are deploying a more comprehensive system,” she told an audience at the Brookings Institution this morning.
“Make no mistake. If you support missile defense -- which I did, as a senator for eight years -- than this is a stronger and smarter approach than the previous program. It does what missile defense is actually supposed to do: It defends America and our allies,” she added.

SOURCE

OK...And what was her record?

"By any reasonable standard, Hillary is no hawk. The conservative American Security Council gives her a measly 20 percent on national-security issues. She has voted to restrict a missile-defense system and to eliminate funding for a nuclear bunker-buster weapon."

SOURCE

Uh-huh, Ms. Clinton...Have any more whoppers for sale?

But..but..but..some guy in germany told me had polls from poles saying they loved being dicked in the ass by Obama!

Say it ain't so Joe!

I thought Reagan won the Cold War. Why are you people still fighting Russia? They were defeated by Reagan, right?

Forum List

Back