Polish President's Plane Crashes In Poland

There is something to that.

I read a comment the other day that Obama's insane foreign policy might be designed to make the rest of the world so volatile that the U.S. will remain, by comparison, the strong super power. This is aimed at debtholders who are facing rolling over treasuries. Despite our financial issues, the political risk in the rest of the world keeps the U.S. in "safe have" status.

I don't think so. He not only disbelieves in American exceptionalism, he really wants to see the US more like Mexico and South America, at best.

I didn't think so when he ran, but all signs really do point to that.

I agree with this...and as to your last sentence? I don't belive it for a minute. Some of us knew by his past associations/actions.

I don't buy into that. He knows what he wants to do.

There is something to that.

I read a comment the other day that Obama's insane foreign policy might be designed to make the rest of the world so volatile that the U.S. will remain, by comparison, the strong super power. This is aimed at debtholders who are facing rolling over treasuries. Despite our financial issues, the political risk in the rest of the world keeps the U.S. in "safe have" status.

I don't think so. He not only disbelieves in American exceptionalism, he really wants to see the US more like Mexico and South America, at best.

I agree with this...and as to your last sentence? I don't belive it for a minute. Some of us knew by his past associations/actions.

You misunderstood my last sentence. I was well aware of Obama's rhetoric, the Chicago papers had covered for a long time. I'll admit to believing that he was too bright to actually by into his own rhetoric, at least for long, as President. I wouldn't have voted for him, even if he spoke differently, I knew his past. I thought he'd be 'left', but didn't think he was actually out to turn us into a banana republic. I fail to see what is to be gained from that, but it is where we are going.

You misunderstood my last sentence. I was well aware of Obama's rhetoric, the Chicago papers had covered for a long time. I'll admit to believing that he was too bright to actually by into his own rhetoric, at least for long, as President. I wouldn't have voted for him, even if he spoke differently, I knew his past. I thought he'd be 'left', but didn't think he was actually out to turn us into a banana republic. I fail to see what is to be gained from that, but it is where we are going.

OK. I understand that. No worries we are on the same page.

I wouldn't put it past the Russians, but I think it's unlikely. There just isn't much to be gained from it.

Isnt there? They get rid of the guy who is causing them problems in Poland. Opening up an chance for them to get their guy in charge of Poland.

I dont think we are paying attention to the game that Putin is playing.

You can take Putin out of the KGB...But not the KGB out of Putin.

OMG, you're so original. :doubt:

Please wipe the saliva off your chin. It's offensive. Nothing against retards ... as long as they don't try talking politics.

If Putin were to do this as a KGB type op, which I doubt this is, he would arrange it at Cassino.

There is no benifit to anyone from this. The Russians want to keep their behavior between 1939 and 1940 very very quiet. They don't want the whole world asking inconvinent questions about the meaning of this place. what would have been a quiet time allowing a chance to move on has now become a world wide story. And Katyn Forest brings up all kinds of ghosts that the Russians really badly want to forget.

That Putin may in a small way benefit from this is a remote possiblity. What we will get instead is intense Polish anger and intransigence vis a vis Russia. It doesn't matter that the territory that the Russians stole in 1939 has been inherited by someone else. It was a Russian crime. Hate has a long memory, and this just adds kerosine and Florine to an already too hot fire.

Actually, there would be a benefit, if this were the Russians' doing. There is a significant vaccum in the Polish government.

How is there a significant vacuum? ....
It would help if folks actually read the info in the OP.

On board were the national bank president, deputy foreign minister, army chaplain, head of the National Security Office, deputy parliament speaker, Olympic Committee head, civil rights commissioner and at least two presidential aides and three lawmakers, the Polish foreign ministry said. Kaczynski's wife, Maria, also died.

Putin had no role in this crash.

The plane simply ran out of coal.

(yes, I am of Polish descent)

Old joke.

Q: How do you make a Polish boat sink?

A: Put it in the water.

Even though I am not Polish, given my surname, I've heard one hell of a lot of Polish jokes.

My favorite? Polish chicken farming.

So these Polish farmers wanted to raise healthy chickens like here in the USA.

They sent away for American Chickens.

They got them and planted them in the ground feet first.

They all died.

They bought more and planted them head first

They died.

So they wrote to the Polish Department of Agriculture, explaining that they'd planted the chickens, both head and then feet first and STILL they died.

The Polish department of Agriculture wrote:

Send a soil sample

was all they wrote.

Old joke.

Even though I am not Polish, given my surname, I've heard one hell of a lot of Polish jokes.

They all died.

They died.

So they wrote to the Polish Department of Agriculture, explaining that they'd planted the chickens, both head and then feet first and STILL they died.

Send a soil sample

was all they wrote.

That's an Aggie joke! :lol:

Old joke.

They all died.

They died.

Send a soil sample

was all they wrote.

Actually, it was discovered that they were planting them too deep!!

So wait. According to some comments here, Putin is basically a evil mastermind who is going to be stupid enough to kill off the Polish President by having the guy's plane crash in Russia itself?

I know the guy is a perfect fit for a Bond villain, but he's not stupid.

One cannot always get one's victim to be in the right place at the right time, I expect.

One must seize the opportunity where one finds it.

But hey, who knows?

It might simply be a plane crash, too.
Likely so...caused by pilot error.

OP link said:
Both black boxes have been found. Preliminary data indicated that the plane hit the treetops as it was making the approach to the airport in poor visibility, the ITAR-Tass news agency quoted Marina Gridneva, an official with the Russian general prosecutor's office, as saying.

Andrei Yevseyenkov, spokesman for the Smolensk regional government, said Russian dispatchers had asked the Polish crew to divert from the military airport in North Smolensk and land instead in Minsk, the capital of neighboring Belarus, or in Moscow to the east because of the fog.

While traffic controllers generally have the final word in whether it is safe for a plane to land, they can and do leave it to the pilots' discretion. Air Force Gen. Alexander Alyoshin confirmed that the pilot disregarded instructions to fly to another airfield. The Smolensk airfield is not equipped with an instrument landing system to guide planes to the ground.

"But they continued landing, and it ended, unfortunately, with a tragedy," Alyoshin said. He added that the pilot makes the final decision about whether to land.

As I understand, the visibility was 500 meters. Calculate the distance the plane would move in a half second and you'll get an idea of how long the pilot had to realize his error.

Thank you for being a voice of reason in this thread. :thup:

Did you hear about the new automatic Polish parachutes?

They open on impact.
You are a sick bastard. A nation has been devastated and you want to make jokes. How utterly fucking puerile.

So let me get this straight....

Virtually the entire government of Poland boarded the same airplane, at the same time, for the same flight.

Thus validating my long standing thesis that stereotypes get started for a reason.

On the bright side, we should be glad the plane crashed where it did.

Had it crashed in a Polish cemetery, we would still be waiting for a final count of the casualties.

"After 4 days, we have recovered 13,700 victims, but we still have over 100 acres to dig up" - anonymous Polish official.

Forum List

Back