Polish Greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an American born Pollack who is very non PC I take offense at no slur. It's called having a thick skin and considering the source. Too bad other groups don't learn this.

I just carry a burden of a name that uses every consonant in the alphabet.

Polak is hardly a slur, it's actually the male form of Pole in the Polish language.

I have posted else where with the name Polak Potrafi, meaning the Pole man can do it.
Didn't know that. Family is at least 5 generations in America. Most settled in northern MN. Same climate as Poland. Really know nothing of old country or customs.
Pretty much a red neck American.

My family came to the U.S.A just before WW1.

I didn't know too much about Poles either, but I have spent years researching different peoples out of curiosity, and of course this includes Poles, I think Poland has an amazing, bittersweet history.

As Polish Poet Adam Mickiewicz stated, Poles are like Jesus suffering on the cross for their good deeds.

As an American born Pollack who is very non PC I take offense at no slur. It's called having a thick skin and considering the source. Too bad other groups don't learn this.

Polak is hardly a slur, it's actually the male form of Pole in the Polish language.

I have posted else where with the name Polak Potrafi, meaning the Pole man can do it.
Didn't know that. Family is at least 5 generations in America. Most settled in northern MN. Same climate as Poland. Really know nothing of old country or customs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------- personally , AMERICAN is the only thing that gets any acknowledgement out of me . Course Redneck , hillbilly or similar is fine but if a person isn't a stand alone American i generally figure , feck that guy . ---------- imo !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------- personally , AMERICAN is the only thing that gets any acknowledgement out of me . Course Redneck , hillbilly or similar is fine but if a person isn't a stand alone American i generally figure , feck that guy . ---------- imo !!

What's a stand alone "American"?
Considering that there is no true "American ethnicity" it would seem to be one who gives up their heritage, in favor of "Americanism"

I certainly don't agree with such, I think that this is a sort of Globalist, Multicultural view.

But, many Polish Americans have assimilated very well.
People like RayfromCleveland, or Bear, or Petro here who admit to a Polish heritage on this forum, all sound very "American"

As for me, I'm definitely attached to being of a Polish background.

When I was a child, my older brother liked to tell polak jokes. I didn't know anyone that I knew to be Polish and I don't think my older brother did either. I don't think I really understood what/who a polak was. A Polak to me was simply some imaginary/fictional person to joke about. I've never associated the stereotype of the fictional polak from the jokes to actual Polish people (or any other people).

I'd say a mix of chaotic multiculturalism, and chaotic war in Iraq... Was a tipping point for me to cling more to my Polish heritage, rather than as an "American"

I've seen how my region went from about 1% - 15% Hispanic in 25 years.

Some local villages, like Brewster here, went from about 1% Hispanic to majority Hispanic in 25 years.'

I've seen with my own eyes the replacement.

When I see many pro-Multiculturalists both in person, and online in "America" it certainly makes me wonder.

If one feels compelled to start a thread about great people of a particular race, nationality, gender,or whatever, then it is not necessary to disrespect or insult other people that are not of that category.

When I was a child, my older brother liked to tell polak jokes. I didn't know anyone that I knew to be Polish and I don't think my older brother did either. I don't think I really understood what/who a polak was. A Polak to me was simply some imaginary/fictional person to joke about. I've never associated the stereotype of the fictional polak from the jokes to actual Polish people (or any other people).

I've seen people of a Polish heritage, laugh at, or tell Polish jokes before.

I wouldn't say Poles are as hyper-sensitive, as many others.

Many Poles I find are pretty laid back, actually.

If one feels compelled to start a thread about great people of a particular race, nationality, gender,or whatever, then it is not necessary to disrespect or insult other people that are not of that category.

I would say people should be treated according to their behavior.

While, different groups are just many individuals.

Some groups are concerning in their behavior.

I think individualism is pretty weak actually, in that a true extreme individualist would even go so far to say "Treat an army invading your lands as "Individuals"

I like Pierogies, I got that from my Ukrainian uncle.

So, you're part Ukrainian?

My Polish family comes from South-Eastern Poland, from near the Ukraine, and Slovak borders. (Much closer to the borders of Ukraine, or Slovak border, than to Warsaw the capital of Poland, or even a little closer to the borders of Ukraine, and Slovakia than to Krakow Poland which is in fact rather South-Eastern Poland too.

rsz_1pressure_cooker_stuffed_cabbage_rolls_018.jpg

My Polish family comes from South-Eastern Poland, from near the Ukraine, and Slovak borders. (Much closer to the borders of Ukraine, or Slovak border, than to Warsaw the capital of Poland, or even a little closer to the borders of Ukraine, and Slovakia than to Krakow Poland which is in fact rather South-Eastern Poland too.
Actually no, he was no blood relation.

If I was to roll like you, I'd be saying "I'm a Spanish-American"

Yet after 270 years or whatever,eh. I'm a cracker.

Yet after 270 years,eh. I'm a cracker.

A lot of people in the New York don't consider themselves as just "American"

It's not uncommon to see Italian flags, or Italian emblems on people's cars, or shirts, or hats here. (Sometimes also with American flags, or emblems, sometimes not)

It's not uncommon to see Italian flags, or Italian emblems on people's cars, or shirts, or hats here. (Sometimes also with American flags, or emblems, sometimes not)

Up where you live, you've never seen as many black people as I have.

You have white trash.

Down heanh we has niggas. Same thing, yet different, and it's hotter here.

Was it 102 up there today? No? Imagine that.

What's a stand alone "American"?
Considering that there is no true "American ethnicity" it would seem to be one who gives up their heritage, in favor of "Americanism"

I certainly don't agree with such, I think that this is a sort of Globalist, Multicultural view.

But, many Polish Americans have assimilated very well.
People like RayfromCleveland, or Bear, or Petro here who admit to a Polish heritage on this forum, all sound very "American"

As for me, I'm definitely attached to being of a Polish background.
----------------------------------- stand alone American is simply AMERICAN , I have no use for polish , african or english or any other sort of Americans Sobieski .

Up where you live, you've never seen as many black people as I have.

You have white trash.

Down heanh we has niggas. Same thing, yet different, and it's hotter here.

Was it 102 up there today? No? Imagine that.

Well, here there's an odd disproportionately mix of kids driving BMW's (Luxury cars) or Ford F-150 ( pick ups)

Most here are from the Bronx, Yonkers, Brooklyn, or Queens originally.

They're not really sure what they are when they move out here.

Many definitely do vote Republican, Hunt, and Fish, though.

I can only laugh at this childishness by the polish king of stormfront.

---------------------------------------------- and i have no use for that , to me it conveys the thought of dual loyalties same as a dual citizen Sobieski .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back