Police Union Tells Obama To Shut Up

Come on del, let's get REAL here...you are reading volumes into a single WORD Obama said and totally ignoring Weir's article that is laced with calling Gates an uppity n_gger that he would have punished for daring to question authority...

Why don't you READ Weir's article...

i did- i even did a search for "uppity" and "nigg*r"
didn't find either.
what single word is it that i'm reading volumes into? i believe i referred to his statement in total, not a specific word.
why don't you repost weir's article again and highlight the parts where he says "uppity nigg*r" for me? as far as i can tell, they exist only in your mind.

Obama is the One Who 'Acted Stupidly'
By Bob Weir

From the moment a police officer dons that uniform, he/she becomes a symbol of authority, and it becomes obvious very quickly that most people in a free country resent authority. It could be the guy who gets pulled over for speeding or passing a red light; it could be the guy who's clobbering his wife during a family dispute, or it could be a guy who breaking into a residence that turns out to be his.

Although these are situations in which the police must take action, their authority will usually be resented. It's the type of job in which you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. When a neighbor called police to the Cambridge, Massachusetts neighborhood next to Harvard University, she said there were two men breaking into a home. Sergeant Jim Crowley, a sixteen year veteran of police work, took the call and arrived at the scene to discover that the door had been jimmied and two men were inside.

It turned out later that it was Henry Gates, a Harvard professor, and his chauffer. Unfortunately for Sgt. Crowley, Gates did not have his name and address tattooed to his forehead. Therefore, it became necessary for the sergeant to ask him to show his identification.

What ensued from that moment is something that any veteran cop can relate to. This professor, evidently indignant about being questioned by a mere public servant, launched into a tirade that included references to the cop's mother and charges of racism.

In addition, it was reported that Gates made insinuations about his political influence. When he asked the officer if he knew who he's "messin' with," it was a likely reference to his friendship with President Obama.

So, here we have a case of a man who lost his keys to his house, broke in through a rear door and then became indignant when police responded to a report of a burglary and had the temerity to ask him to identify himself. When he was asked to step outside to speak with the officer, this Harvard-educated, "learned" professor said: "I'll speak with your mama outside!"

Such trash talk is generally confined to inner-city ghettos, not upscale areas which are often targeted by burglars. Is it any wonder that the cop doubted he was talking to a prominent citizen and respectable member of the community?

The fact that the cop is white and the professor is black made this a dream scenario for an opportunist to scream racism. Gates, who is reportedly working on a documentary about racism in America, apparently seized the moment as an excellent way to grab publicity for his upcoming project.

Keep in mind that the actions of the sergeant were thoroughly investigated by the Professional Standards Unit of the Cambridge PD and found to be in accordance with proper police protocol. If that cop had not followed procedure, and it turned out later that the house had in fact been burglarized, he could have been fired.

Speaking as a veteran cop (retired), who has effected more than 500 felony arrests in my 20 years with NYPD, I can tell you that Sergeant Crowley must be very tolerant indeed to have taken so much abuse from Gates before putting the cuffs on him. If it had been me, not only would he have been arrested sooner, but those manacles would have secured his arms behind his back, not in front, as Crowley did, once again being overly tolerant with this arrogant agitator.

If anyone is a racist in this confrontation, it is this obstreperous professor who evidently feels that his loft academic status and his friendship with Obama not only put him above the law, but give him a platform to inject "color" into every situation. Make no mistake about it, if Crowley were black and followed the same protocol, Gates would have recognized that there was no opportunity for a public spectacle, so he would have behaved properly.

Speaking of behavior, President Obama showed his own lack of class and judgment when he said the Cambridge PD "acted stupidly." To make such a sweeping statement of condemnation after admitting that he didn't "know all the facts," is beneath the dignity of his high office.

For a black man who has achieved the level of Chief Executive in a country where the overwhelming majority of voters are white to use that tired old canard about everything being racist, is stunningly contemptible. If this is the type of judgment Obama uses to make decisions, God help us if he's able to pass any more legislation.

i hate to break this to you, but none of those words is "uppity" or "nigg*r".

project much?

Come on del, let's get REAL here...you are reading volumes into a single WORD Obama said and totally ignoring Weir's article that is laced with calling Gates an uppity n_gger that he would have punished for daring to question authority...

Why don't you READ Weir's article...

didn't find either.
what single word is it that i'm reading volumes into? i believe i referred to his statement in total, not a specific word.
why don't you repost weir's article again and highlight the parts where he says "uppity nigg*r" for me? as far as i can tell, they exist only in your mind.

By Bob Weir

From the moment a police officer dons that uniform, he/she becomes a symbol of authority, and it becomes obvious very quickly that most people in a free country resent authority. It could be the guy who gets pulled over for speeding or passing a red light; it could be the guy who's clobbering his wife during a family dispute, or it could be a guy who breaking into a residence that turns out to be his.

Although these are situations in which the police must take action, their authority will usually be resented. It's the type of job in which you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. When a neighbor called police to the Cambridge, Massachusetts neighborhood next to Harvard University, she said there were two men breaking into a home. Sergeant Jim Crowley, a sixteen year veteran of police work, took the call and arrived at the scene to discover that the door had been jimmied and two men were inside.

It turned out later that it was Henry Gates, a Harvard professor, and his chauffer. Unfortunately for Sgt. Crowley, Gates did not have his name and address tattooed to his forehead. Therefore, it became necessary for the sergeant to ask him to show his identification.

What ensued from that moment is something that any veteran cop can relate to. This professor, evidently indignant about being questioned by a mere public servant, launched into a tirade that included references to the cop's mother and charges of racism.

In addition, it was reported that Gates made insinuations about his political influence. When he asked the officer if he knew who he's "messin' with," it was a likely reference to his friendship with President Obama.

So, here we have a case of a man who lost his keys to his house, broke in through a rear door and then became indignant when police responded to a report of a burglary and had the temerity to ask him to identify himself. When he was asked to step outside to speak with the officer, this Harvard-educated, "learned" professor said: "I'll speak with your mama outside!"

Such trash talk is generally confined to inner-city ghettos, not upscale areas which are often targeted by burglars. Is it any wonder that the cop doubted he was talking to a prominent citizen and respectable member of the community?

The fact that the cop is white and the professor is black made this a dream scenario for an opportunist to scream racism. Gates, who is reportedly working on a documentary about racism in America, apparently seized the moment as an excellent way to grab publicity for his upcoming project.

Keep in mind that the actions of the sergeant were thoroughly investigated by the Professional Standards Unit of the Cambridge PD and found to be in accordance with proper police protocol. If that cop had not followed procedure, and it turned out later that the house had in fact been burglarized, he could have been fired.

Speaking as a veteran cop (retired), who has effected more than 500 felony arrests in my 20 years with NYPD, I can tell you that Sergeant Crowley must be very tolerant indeed to have taken so much abuse from Gates before putting the cuffs on him. If it had been me, not only would he have been arrested sooner, but those manacles would have secured his arms behind his back, not in front, as Crowley did, once again being overly tolerant with this arrogant agitator.

If anyone is a racist in this confrontation, it is this obstreperous professor who evidently feels that his loft academic status and his friendship with Obama not only put him above the law, but give him a platform to inject "color" into every situation. Make no mistake about it, if Crowley were black and followed the same protocol, Gates would have recognized that there was no opportunity for a public spectacle, so he would have behaved properly.

Speaking of behavior, President Obama showed his own lack of class and judgment when he said the Cambridge PD "acted stupidly." To make such a sweeping statement of condemnation after admitting that he didn't "know all the facts," is beneath the dignity of his high office.

For a black man who has achieved the level of Chief Executive in a country where the overwhelming majority of voters are white to use that tired old canard about everything being racist, is stunningly contemptible. If this is the type of judgment Obama uses to make decisions, God help us if he's able to pass any more legislation.

What do the bolded words attempt to communicate?

Obama messed up.

Obama has yet to fully admit his mistake.

Obama is scrambling to regain control of this situation.

The fact you chose to bold those words to a darker shade of black and associate them with negativity leads us to believe you are a racist.

Shame on you...

Obama makes a lengthy patronizing commentary regarding an incident he initially explained he knew little about.

It now appears the college professor refused to provide identification to the officers on the scene, then became increasingly belligerent.

The head of the national police union stated, "That being the case, it's unfortunate that he (Obama) chose to say anything. He wasn't there and he doesn't know what happened."

White House Press Secretary Gibbs is now out in front again trying to explain the president's idiotic race-baiting commentary...

TheHill.com

I have seen the local police union support the shooting of an unarmed boy who was suffered burns and severe head injuries in an accident and was acting out of his head. Not aggressive, but just out of his head. So they shot him dead.

Obama makes a lengthy patronizing commentary regarding an incident he initially explained he knew little about.

It now appears the college professor refused to provide identification to the officers on the scene, then became increasingly belligerent.

The head of the national police union stated, "That being the case, it's unfortunate that he (Obama) chose to say anything. He wasn't there and he doesn't know what happened."

White House Press Secretary Gibbs is now out in front again trying to explain the president's idiotic race-baiting commentary...

TheHill.com

I have seen the local police union support the shooting of an unarmed boy who was suffered burns and severe head injuries in an accident and was acting out of his head. Not aggressive, but just out of his head. So they shot him dead.

Suure ... :cuckoo:

Oh come on now, the liberal media has assured us that Obama is brilliant and can't possibly make mistakes, he's above us all! That's good enough for me!

Oh come on now, the liberal media has assured us that Obama is brilliant and can't possibly make mistakes, he's above us all! That's good enough for me!

Okay, now you sound just like them ... try not to act like the neolibs if you don't want to be a neocon.

didn't find either.

By Bob Weir

project much?

Well del, I never thought of you as a right wing pea brain, but denial without the LITERAL word(s) is a symptom...if you can't see the attitude that exudes from Weir's words, you're not very perceptive...

Weir's article is laced with demeaning references to Gates. He portrays him as the black crying victimhood. He accuses Gates of trying to take advantage of the situation for personal and monetary gain and his adjectives portray Gates as an uppity n_igger that lives in the penthouse, but is still just a "ghetto" black that needs to be put in his place by a white AUTHORITY figure...and Weir's saying he doesn't have to BE there...he's KNOWS the whole story because he's a self absorbed "veteran" that's seen it all before...THAT attitude is the MOST dangerous for a policeman...

Ironic, you project ALL kinds of meaning in Obama's words, when the only objectionable word is "stupidly". If Obama had said the police handled it "awkwardly" we probably wouldn't be having this conversation...

Some of this is outrage that a black man (Obama) has the temerity (a word Weir used to describe Gates) to A) question a white man and B) question that white man's authority...IMO...

temerity synonyms:
boldness, brass, daring, effrontery, foolhardiness, forwardness, gall, hastiness, heedlessness, impertinence, impetuosity, impudence, impulsiveness, indiscretion, intrepidity, intrusiveness, overconfidence, pluck, precipitancy, precipitateness, precipitation, presumption, rashness, recklessness, rudeness, thoughtlessness

It was, I think, foolish for Obama to insinuate himself into this fracus.

Seriously, this issue was so far BELOW his paygrade that he ought to have keep his trap shut.

That said, his point about racist profiling is valid enough.

By Bob Weir

project much?

Well del, I never thought of you as a right wing pea brain, but denial without the LITERAL word(s) is a symptom...if you can't see the attitude that exudes from Weir's words, you're not very perceptive...

Weir's article is laced with demeaning references to Gates. He portrays him as the black crying victimhood. He accuses Gates of trying to take advantage of the situation for personal and monetary gain and his adjectives portray Gates as an uppity n_igger that lives in the penthouse, but is still just a "ghetto" black that needs to be put in his place by a white AUTHORITY figure...and Weir's saying he doesn't have to BE there...he's KNOWS the whole story because he's a self absorbed "veteran" that's seen it all before...THAT attitude is the MOST dangerous for a policeman...

Ironic, you project ALL kinds of meaning in Obama's words, when the only objectionable word is "stupidly". If Obama had said the police handled it "awkwardly" we probably wouldn't be having this conversation...

Some of this is outrage that a black man (Obama) has the temerity (a word Weir used to describe Gates) to A) question a white man and B) question that white man's authority...IMO...

temerity synonyms:
boldness, brass, daring, effrontery, foolhardiness, forwardness, gall, hastiness, heedlessness, impertinence, impetuosity, impudence, impulsiveness, indiscretion, intrepidity, intrusiveness, overconfidence, pluck, precipitancy, precipitateness, precipitation, presumption, rashness, recklessness, rudeness, thoughtlessness

thanks for the kind words. i believe wier used "temerity" to describe gates's perception of the police, not gates.
the only thing that i'm apparently perceptive enough to see is your obvious bias against the police and your love for all things obama.

have a nice day.

project much?

temerity synonyms:

thanks for the kind words. i believe wier used "temerity" to describe gates's perception of the police, not gates.
the only thing that i'm apparently perceptive enough to see is your obvious bias against the police and your love for all things obama.

have a nice day.

del, if you can't "perceive" Weir's attitude from his words, then I am left only to perceive that you are bias and blinded because you agree with Weir...

Obama may have misspoke... but there is NO such thing as miswrote...Weir chose his words with purpose... you either can't see it or choose not to...

Forum List

Back