Police Try To Falsely Arrest Man -- Was He Wrong To Be Angry?

This is really a tough one. It could have gone badly so quickly. The black man had every right to get angry and his poor wife was trying her best to calm down the situation.

I think the officer could have asked to see id and calmed this situation on their part. How many of the posters could have remained calm in this situation? This man deserves a "Get out of Jail Free" card for future use!

He did ask for his ID and the guy refused.

If on his own property the cop can fuck off.

I would have provided my ID just to put an end to it.
And being at home doesnt mean you're immune from being arrested.

yeah what's the big deal? Only edgy teens feel the need to rebel against authority for no goddamn reason whatsoever. Just calmly show him your id, then tell him "told you so". Done deal. Why escalate the situation?

This is really a tough one. It could have gone badly so quickly. The black man had every right to get angry and his poor wife was trying her best to calm down the situation.

I think the officer could have asked to see id and calmed this situation on their part. How many of the posters could have remained calm in this situation? This man deserves a "Get out of Jail Free" card for future use!

He did ask for his ID and the guy refused.

If on his own property the cop can fuck off.

I would have provided my ID just to put an end to it.
And being at home doesnt mean you're immune from being arrested.

yeah what's the big deal? Only edgy teens feel the need to rebel against authority for no goddamn reason whatsoever. Just calmly show him your id, then tell him "told you so". Done deal. Why escalate the situation?

And the guy constantly saying he doesn't live in Louisiana doesnt mean he's never been there or lived there in the past.

So down here in Texas; a Houston constable spotted a black man with dreadlocks minding his own business in his own yard, enjoying time with his own family -- but the constable felt determined he fit the description of another black man with dreadlocks wanted on an out-of-state warrant from Louisiana.

The video is about 5 minutes but to summarize it, a little bit before the video started, it is determined the police officer was driving thru the neighborhood, spotted the black guy in his yard and stopped -- he then attempted to detain the guy, telling him he is wanted on warrants from out of state -- at this point, the man is understandably frustrated -- the officer then claimed that the man's family dog appeared to be stolen, again, the main is understandably frustrated -- another officer arrived at the scene; Officer #1 asked Officer #2 to bring him his cell phone. Officer #1 showed the guy with dreads the picture (believed to be the picture of the suspect) -- apparently the picture was so blatantly obvious that they had the wrong guy, it made the man become even more frustrated -- It was also blatantly obvious they had the wrong guy, that the officers left.

Luckily, nothing bad happened, but I can see how this could have escalated quickly and I am sure if it did, the finger of blame would be pointed at the guy with the dreads for not being calm and docile enough in his dealings with the officer. Which is why I always stress, if you are a black man, you can't show any emotion other than to be extremely docile and subservient -- acting indignant and outraged are not traits you are free to exhibit in that situation. However, was he wrong to be angry or was he wrong for not understanding why the officers assumed he was a criminal and furthermore, assumed his dog was stolen?

Okay, this is why it’s a good idea to have ID. I agree, it could have escalated easy. Thing is, the dude could have just said “hey man can I show you my ID?” Second, the stuff about black men. Bull shit, stop crying already. Where I live I had a dude shot in my parking lot,

Houston police shoot and kill armed 'erratic' man at Clear Lake apartment

Houston police shoot and kill armed 'erratic' man at Clear Lake apartment

Houston police shot and killed an armed man in the head Saturday after they said he barricaded himself inside a Clear Lake townhome, firing shots erratically, and then shooting at officers from the back patio.

The man was transported to the hospital, but police later said Saturday evening the suspect had been pronounced dead in an update on Twitter.

A few months later while I was at work the SWAT team payed a visit to my place. Turns out that our bedroom was a good place to line up a dome shot on another moron neighbor across the way.

Then a few weeks later I hear a knock at my door. I answer to an HPD gawking at me over the sights of his service weapon. What did I do? I asked the fella what I needed to do to calm him down. He cuffed me up until he verified I was not the guy they were going to shoot a few weeks earlier.

So this song about blacks getting fucked with all the time is nothing but crybaby bullshit. Just so what the cop says so you don’t end up shot. Simple.

Which is why I always stress, if you are a black man, you can't show any emotion other than to be extremely docile and subservient -- acting indignant and outraged are not traits you are free to exhibit in that situation.

Sure, because the police never get aggressive with white people who don't prostrate themselves before them either, right? What would you do with all your free time if you couldn't sit around all day on the computer imagining men in pointed hoods around every corner?

Which is why I always stress, if you are a black man, you can't show any emotion other than to be extremely docile and subservient -- acting indignant and outraged are not traits you are free to exhibit in that situation.

Sure, because the police never get aggressive with white people who don't prostrate themselves before them either, right? What would you do with all your free time if you couldn't sit around all day on the computer imagining men in pointed hoods around every corner?

But they do.

The cop did ask for ID. The guy said I don't have to show you ID or tell you my name. Ok, he's right, but that will escalate the situation almost every time.

You people need to realize what cops deal with on a daily basis. The scum of the earth. People will lie to their face. So yes, you do have rights. But if its a case of mistaken identity why not just say "how about you come with me inside and I'll get my ID and I'll show you I'm not this guy?" That would have deescalated the situation in 30 seconds. But no, he choose to go apeshit on this cop. This is how people get hurt. Being dead right is still being dead.

Last edited:
Hell, I would have been easily frustrated by the whole thing. But I have always learned - there will always be good cops and there will always be bad cops. That was what I was brought up. I have nothing by udder respect for them. No, I don't always agree and I do get mad when cops do or say stupid things - just because they feel they can just arrest anyone they choose.
When they start doing that - I lose my respect for that one cop or group. But not the entire nation of police.
Some people have nothing but pure hatred at the entire cop nation - race related or not. And that is what I think why the country has a problem when it comes to cops. I can understand that.
The worst I got when confronted by a cop was a speeding ticket. If she wanted to take a close look inside my car - she would have found a couple of ounces of weed under the passenger side seat. But luckily she just gave me a ticket and we went on my merry way.
You really meant...."utter respect, right?....That was cute! :)

Now by comparison.....in this what is now considered a charming adorable video....this man gets a ticket from the officer, proceeds to cuss out the officer, he is so animated and violent with it, that his truck is actually rocking back and forth -- he then rips up the ticket and throws it at the officer and drives off....

The officer is seen walking back to his car laughing......Do you think the officers would get a chuckle if that black guy with the dreads did all of that?

It's actually hysterical when people loose their stuff over something as simple as a police stop. Sometimes it's all you can do not to laugh.

Unless they are black......If only the officer who stopped Sandra Bland could see the comedy in her being upset -- she may be alive today....

But instead, he falsely accused of her putting him in fear for his life, etc etc....

But on the bright side, he finally had the last laugh...she is dead

Stupid post.

Forum List

Back