Police Taze 10 year old girl

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Ozark Police Officer Dustin Bradshaw Uses Taser on Arkansas 10-Year-Old Girl

OZARK, Ark. (Nov. 18) -- A police officer in a small Arkansas town used a stun gun on an unruly 10-year-old girl after he said her mother gave him permission to do so. Now the town's mayor is calling for an investigation into whether the Taser use was appropriate.
According to a report by Officer Dustin Bradshaw, obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press, police were called to the Ozark home Nov. 11 because of a domestic disturbance. When he arrived, the girl was curled up on the floor, screaming, the report said.

Police Chief Jim Noggle said Tasers are a safe way to subdue someone who's a danger to themself or others. No disciplinary action was taken against Bradshaw, he said.
"We didn't use the Taser to punish the child — just to bring the child under control so she wouldn't hurt herself or somebody else," Noggle said.
If the officer tried to forcefully put the girl in handcuffs, he could have accidentally broken her arm or leg, Noggle said.
He said a touch of the stun gun — "less than a second" — stopped the girl from being unruly, and she was handcuffed, he said.

I'm sorry, that's just not cool. You don't taze 10 year olds. A spanking works just fine, thanks.

The cop who did this is a dolt. Taze him and put him in (unpaid) timeout.

:(

Duct Tape just doesn't cut it any more

I'm thinking it looked similar to this...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSYlxzCHvKg[/ame]

plus it makes the cops on the scene look like incompetent wusses....

It's okay according to Rabbi because supposedly the child kicked the officer in the groin. Never mind the fact she was kicking and screaming because her whackjob of a mother called the cops and said the cops could tase a 10 year old. If you have to use a taser to restrain a child, you do not deserve to be a police officer.

There are ways to restrain 10 year olds without cuffs or tazers. You grab them, pull them down on the ground to sit between your legs, wrap your arms and legs around them and keep your head back to keep from being head butted. It's an approved hold for children and for many adults, and the cop should know it. I've used it on both, including 13 year old boys who were swinging at me.

And for the record, I hope the mother loses custody to the father. He definitely seems the more sensible one of the two.

This cop gets my nomination for douchebag of the year.

It's a tossup between this one and the one who tazed a 13 year old in the back of the head, resulting in the tazer going through her skull and either almost hitting her brain or hitting her brain.

I love the chief saying "It was only for a second"

Forum List

Back