Police:Students put animals in school ceilings

ZippyDippyDoo

Jun 5, 2010
AZ, USA
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=456&sid=1973505

DENVILLE, N.J. (AP) - Seven northern New Jersey students are facing numerous charges for placing rabbits, mice, roosters and chickens inside ceilings at their high school as part of a senior prank.
Denville police say the students are all boys.

Their names were not released because they're juveniles.

Officers went to Morris Knolls High School shortly before midnight Tuesday after a custodian reported seeing people inside the building.

Police say the boys got in through an open window and that most of the animals were stolen from farms.

The seven face various charges including burglary, criminal mischief and conspiracy. Authorities said Saturday that animal cruelty charges are pending because at least one of the animals was injured after falling through the ceiling.

I added one but be sure to include links from now on. Thanks - Modbert

These so called 'juveniles' should be named. They are acting like criminals! Age has nothing to do with it. 'Cannot be named' just sucks and protects the idiotic parents!

Police: Students put animals in school ceilings | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | Offbeat

It was a prank...no one was hurt except for one animal that fell through the ceiling, and I'm assuming the animal is fine now since they never said the animal died.

Get a grip people, what the heck is wrong with a senior prank? I liked the one they did during my brother's senior year when they put Mr Epps car (a VW bug) on top of his garage. Of course today, they probably would have all been charged with grand theft auto....

Just a prank? Yes, because schools have all kinds of excessive funds to spend cleaning crap like this up. Boys will be boys...............

Just a prank? Yes, because schools have all kinds of excessive funds to spend cleaning crap like this up. Boys will be boys...............

So make the boys clean it up, and pay for any damages......good grief. Other than that, forget it, it was a prank.

Hope you don't have kids. I assure you that I wouldn't have considered this a prank had my son pulled it.

So make the boys clean it up, and pay for any damages......good grief. Other than that, forget it, it was a prank.

Hope you don't have kids. I assure you that I wouldn't have considered this a prank had my son pulled it.

Yes, I do have kids. The senior prank was a tradition around here until about 20 years ago. I feel sorry for today's kids that they don't get the fun and challenge that we had as kids.

I take it you never stole the opposing teams mascot? You missed out on a lot of fun. My favorite prank was actually the other schools prank. The snuck into our school the night before the homecoming game and took down our pep posters and put up their own. I found out years later how they got in. Turns out, the janitor let them in. Of course, today, he'd probably go to jail. Can't have highschool kids pulling pranks, can we?

Good grief, they are kids, let them be kids.

Yes, I do have kids. The senior prank was a tradition around here until about 20 years ago. I feel sorry for today's kids that they don't get the fun and challenge that we had as kids.

I take it you never stole the opposing teams mascot? You missed out on a lot of fun. My favorite prank was actually the other schools prank. The snuck into our school the night before the homecoming game and took down our pep posters and put up their own. I found out years later how they got in. Turns out, the janitor let them in. Of course, today, he'd probably go to jail. Can't have highschool kids pulling pranks, can we?

Good grief, they are kids, let them be kids.

If you can't differentiate stealing a team mascot from piling animals into a ceiling , well you have problems.

I would say that back in "your day" had that janitor been caught he would have been prosecuted as would the students he let in.

Reminds me of the story of the kids who let three pigs loose in the school. One was painted with a big number 1, one was painted with a big number 2 and one was painted with a big number 4.

They wouldn't open the school up because they couldn't find number 3

Forum List

Back