Police State: The TSA Is Coming To A Highway Near You...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Very good article by Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN). I just wish more Politicians would stand up like her.

One of the great honors of my service to Tennessee is having the opportunity to represent Ft. Campbell which is home to the storied 101st Airborne, the 5th Special Forces Group and the Army’s 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment which piloted Navy SEAL Team Six during the raid on Osama Bin Laden.

Each soldier who calls Ft. Campbell home has gone through some of the most intensive training on the planet which pushed their minds and bodies to their physical limits. In the end, those who make the cut have earned the right to be part of our United States military, are honored to wear its uniform, and are serving on the frontlines in the fight against global terrorism.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for our nation’s Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) who Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano contends are our nation’s last line of defense in fighting domestic terrorism. Unlike “hell week” which faces potential Navy SEALs, becoming a TSO requires a basic level of classroom and on the job training. In many cases this rigorous training is less severe than the requirements of becoming a security guard in most states.

Believe it or not, only 7 years ago, TSOs went by a more deserving title, “airport security screeners.” At the time, their title and on the job appearance consisted of a white shirt and black pants. This was fitting because airport security screening is exactly what’s required of the position. However, this is no longer the case.

In the dead of night, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) administratively reclassified airport security screeners as Transportation Security Officers. The TSA then moved to administratively upgrade TSOs uniforms to resemble those of a federal law enforcement officer. They further completed the makeover with metal law enforcement badges. Not surprisingly, government bureaucrats at the TSA left out one crucial component during the artificial makeover – actual federal law enforcement training as is required of Federal Air Marshalls.

Read More:
The TSA Is Coming To A Highway Near You - Forbes
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Last edited:
Oh goodie! One more thing for Paulie to be afraid of.....the Interstate. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, like you read the article. Stop being such a snotty Left-Bot and read the article. Read it and then reply. Or don't. Whatever. Pretty sure no one cares what you think. :)

oh goodie! One more thing for paulie to be afraid of.....the interstate. :lol::lol::lol:

yeah, like you read the article. Stop being such a snotty left-bot and read the article. Read it and then reply. Or don't. Whatever. Pretty sure no one cares what you think. :)

boo!

You know, i can accept the fact you're a typical snotty Left-Bot. But your ignorance is another matter. I have to admit your Bot-like ignorance is pretty surprising and annoying. You really are pretty dumb. At first i thought your snottiness was just your message board schtick. But now i realize that you really are very ignorant & annoying in real-life. I'm actually disappointed in you. But hey, good luck with all that i guess. Enjoy your day. :)

It should be very concerning to all that a TSA agent who can ruin your life has virtually no training.

Lefties get all heated up when cops abuse their authority, and cops get way more training than these rank amateurs. So giggling at concerns about TSA thuggery demonstrates hypocrisy.

The topic title says TSA is coming to our highways, but the OP does not explain what that means.

What it means is that they are now inspecting trucks at weigh stations, and they are at train and bus stations. All public transit nodes.

Is this a good or bad idea? We should debate it. I have said many times that once we make our airplanes invulnerable to terrorist attacks, it will only be a matter of time before terrorists begin blowing up buses and pizza restaurants. Israel's El Al airlines are bulletproof and so they are attacked by suicide bombers on buses and in night clubs and restaurants.

I, for one, do not want someone who was living under a bridge being given a badge and heavy duty federal powers with just 10 days of classroom training. No fricking way.

Forum List

Back