Police State: Santa Monica Extends Smoking Ban To Apartments, Condos...

How would the Police be informed of these violations?

And when they show up and nobody is smoking how will that work then? will there be a sniffing police as back up?

Generally the police enforce the law by issuing summons or arresting people, collecting evidence and statements, and then turning it over to the DA.
SO if the person is not smoking when the police arrive the police can just issue a summons anyways making the citizen guilty before being proven innocent going against everything the constitution stands for?

Issuing a summons doesn't make anyone guilty of anything. You're a total moron.

Sounds almost like Nazi Germany doesn't it?
Right, because writing someone a summons is kinda like killing them for being Jewish. You got it!

How would the Police be informed of these violations?

And when they show up and nobody is smoking how will that work then? will there be a sniffing police as back up?

Generally the police enforce the law by issuing summons or arresting people, collecting evidence and statements, and then turning it over to the DA.
SO if the person is not smoking when the police arrive the police can just issue a summons anyways making the citizen guilty before being proven innocent going against everything the constitution stands for? Sounds almost like Nazi Germany doesn't it?

If they can issue laws like this, they will not let anything like due process and that old "innocent until proven guilty" thing get in their way of enforcing such...um, foolishness. Shit, up here, we have to show ID to buy alcohol, despite our evident age. Why? Some people who are repeat DUI offenders are issued a driver's license with a red stripe on it. Ostensibly, people will present their DL to purchase alcohol, and anyone with that "special" DL will be denied their purchase. A couple of things wrong with this whole premise, of course. First, why are repeat DUI offenders issued any type of driver's license at all? (The ID may be just a photo ID, too.) Second, why am I assumed guilty until I prove my innocence. I use my retired military ID. Screw that DL shit.

I hear ya, but it's so crazy many Citizens would actually support a 'Cigarette Gestapo' storming Citizens' homes to arrest and fine them for smoking in their own homes. What the hell has happened to these people? When will they realize that all their Goose Stepping is going to hurt them as well in the end? It's very sad watching our country sink this way.

Their starting with the smokers, next I predict they will go after alcohol. No booze will be allowed in any apartments or homes.

All I have to say to that is, good luck. I live in the country, where there are no pussy neighbors to complain about what I do on my own property. But if the tobacco/booze police happened to come along, they may end up missing in this neck of the woods. The good'ol people of west virginia dont take kindly to nanny statist laws and believe in individual liberty above everything else.

I have 200 acres and a backhoe...

If they can issue laws like this, they will not let anything like due process and that old "innocent until proven guilty" thing get in their way of enforcing such...um, foolishness.
So because the city of Santa Monica passes a law you don't like, obviously, they're going to throw due process out of the window. Nevermind the utter lack of evidence to that effect, right wing morons don't need evidence, just good hunches and feewings. The police will soon be rounding up smokers and sending them to jail for 6 months without trial. Got it.
Shit, up here, we have to show ID to buy alcohol, despite our evident age. Why? Some people who are repeat DUI offenders are issued a driver's license with a red stripe on it. Ostensibly, people will present their DL to purchase alcohol, and anyone with that "special" DL will be denied their purchase. A couple of things wrong with this whole premise, of course. First, why are repeat DUI offenders issued any type of driver's license at all? (The ID may be just a photo ID, too.) Second, why am I assumed guilty until I prove my innocence. I use my retired military ID. Screw that DL shit.
Showing ID isn't a criminal penalty.

Last edited:
The gruels will be sold at grocery stores I imagine, this way they can make sure everyone eats the same thing and nobody is unhealthy. Hunting will be made illegal in the future.
I dont think it will, it is a huge revenue source for states. And even if they do make it illegal that doesn't mean people like me will abide by the law at that point. When it comes to feeding my family the government can suck it.

I can see people trying to ban hunting, those PETA liberal douches want to really bad. Hopefully they don't accomplish their goals.

They do keep trying. Up here, not so successfully. They got together one year and decided to wander through a hunting area, banging on pots and such to spook the game. The hunters waited, took down their license numbers, and turned them in to Fish & Game. Seems like banging pots and driving animals is considered harassing the game, and that's against the law. Citations issued all around.

If they can issue laws like this, they will not let anything like due process and that old "innocent until proven guilty" thing get in their way of enforcing such...um, foolishness.
So because the city of Santa Monica passes a law you don't like, obviously, they're going to throw due process out of the window. Nevermind the utter lack of evidence to that effect, right wing morons don't need evidence, just good hunches and feewings. The police will soon be rounding up smokers and sending them to jail for 6 months without trial. Got it.
Shit, up here, we have to show ID to buy alcohol, despite our evident age. Why? Some people who are repeat DUI offenders are issued a driver's license with a red stripe on it. Ostensibly, people will present their DL to purchase alcohol, and anyone with that "special" DL will be denied their purchase. A couple of things wrong with this whole premise, of course. First, why are repeat DUI offenders issued any type of driver's license at all? (The ID may be just a photo ID, too.) Second, why am I assumed guilty until I prove my innocence. I use my retired military ID. Screw that DL shit.

Really? Then why the outcry when photo ID is required to establish bona fides at the polling place?

another bigot who loves big govt and wants to spend hundreds of millions to solve a problem that

DOES NOT EXIST

ps

this attempt to steal the upcoming elections cant turn out well, since it is a known fact that you cant win any other way

Really? Then why the outcry when photo ID is required to establish bona fides at the polling place?

I'm sure sure why you think its OK to disenfranchise people so long as you don't impose criminal penalty.

I'm sure sure why you think its OK to disenfranchise people so long as you don't impose criminal penalty.

What worries me is while Obama and Holder may not be willing to do the absolutely PATRIOTIC thing if those rightwing fascists stop people from voting, others will do the patriotic and only thing that you can do, and when that happens, do these idiot old fat white bigots here on this board realize what that means?

dont think so, too bad...

I dont think it will, it is a huge revenue source for states. And even if they do make it illegal that doesn't mean people like me will abide by the law at that point. When it comes to feeding my family the government can suck it.

I can see people trying to ban hunting, those PETA liberal douches want to really bad. Hopefully they don't accomplish their goals.

They do keep trying. Up here, not so successfully. They got together one year and decided to wander through a hunting area, banging on pots and such to spook the game. The hunters waited, took down their license numbers, and turned them in to Fish & Game. Seems like banging pots and driving animals is considered harassing the game, and that's against the law. Citations issued all around.

Wow what a bunch of douchebags those PETA guys are.

I just don't get the Big Brother Bootlickers. When will they realize that by supporting this type of oppression, they're only hurting themselves in the end? Such lost sheep.

Yeah. Sometimes things backfire on them, though. When I was stationed at Monmouth, there was an annual deer hunt at the Monmouth Battlefield. It's a small, treed, park-like area that gets overrun with deer, so it's better to cull the herd. So they sponsor a deer hunt. Well, the anti-hunters like to line up along the street (they're not allowed into the Battlefield when shooters are there), and make as much noise as they can, honking horns, beating pans, etc. in an attempt to drive the animals away. The year I participated, the hunters got up earlier and positioned themselves on the opposite side of the area and just let the anti's drive the deer to them. Damn, were they mad!

Yeah. Sometimes things backfire on them, though. When I was stationed at Monmouth, there was an annual deer hunt at the Monmouth Battlefield. It's a small, treed, park-like area that gets overrun with deer, so it's better to cull the herd. So they sponsor a deer hunt. Well, the anti-hunters like to line up along the street (they're not allowed into the Battlefield when shooters are there), and make as much noise as they can, honking horns, beating pans, etc. in an attempt to drive the animals away. The year I participated, the hunters got up earlier and positioned themselves on the opposite side of the area and just let the anti's drive the deer to them. Damn, were they mad!

HAHAHA that is funny, that whole honking horns and beating pans thing they do is retarded.

This ;pure BS who is going to enforce it. Every time some calls and says they small smoke does a policman go there. They don't have enough police. I understand the problem but it is not possible to control it.

Forum List

Back