Police State: Police Officer Slays Marine Sergeant In School Parking Lot...

I think this is very sad, something was up with the Marine. Pretty much seems like 'suicide by police,' which is horrible for the police and his daughters.

New Details Released in Marine's Death | NBC San Diego

His daughters, ages 9 and 14, could be heard screaming in the SUV, and when approached by sheriff's personnel reported their father had been acting oddly, the statement said.

Does that change your mind at all, paulitician?

Considering that statement was made by the cops, it didn't change mine.

Let's find an impartial witness. oh wait, there isn't one. What a surprise.

A guy crashes through a gate. So right off, he is destroying property and an obvious hazard.

The cop calls for backup. So far, so good.

The man refuses to obey police commands. So far, the cops are in the right to be ordering him to submit to their authority. He has given them probable cause.

The man is totally in the wrong for not obeying police commands.

He then allegedly makes statements which the cop says caused him to fear for the children's lives.

I can think of a few things a guy who just crashed through a gate and acting irrationally might say which would make me very concerned about the lives of his kids. Something like, "I'm going to kill my kids."

He is now behind the wheel of a motor vehicle with his kids trapped in the vehicle with him. And he starts the vehicle.

Your options are actually very, very limited at this point.

Shooting him is probably the best option as shooting the vehicle itself is no guarantee it will be disabled. Shooting the tires will not disable the vehicle but may ultimately cause the vehicle to crash and injure the children.

All this is completely logical if the facts have been accurately presented in the various news reports.

Considering it was his routine to go to that school and walk the track, the officer's story is looking murkier and murkier. Why all of a sudden after all this time is there a problem?

How was the officer supposed to know that it was his normal routine to walk the track?

That is true, however the deputy has changed his story at least twice. The Sheriffs dept has also changed its story at least once. So far. Based on what I've read this is a bad shooting. I have a friend with the Riverside PD and he feels the Sgt. over reacted as well.

Most likely it's a poor training issue, but with the investigation ongoing it will be awhile before we know anything.

I'll bet you right now, that cop never does time.

It's terrible he put his kids in a position to witness it as well.

It was his routine to go to that school and walk around the track and take his girls with him. If he was so threatening, why is this the only time anyone took issue with him?

"The association said a deputy saw Loggins plow a car through a gate at San Clemente High School then walk away.

His daughters, ages 9 and 14, could be heard screaming in the SUV, and when approached by sheriff's personnel reported their father had been acting oddly, the statement said.

Source: New Details Released in Marine's Death | NBC San Diego"​

Maybe because at 5:00AM in the morning, a male crashing through a school gate, and having two young female children screaming in the back seat might...

....... I'm not a cop here...

................But just might not be considered a "normal routine".

If the cop had let the driver drive off and if this had been a child abduction case and the cop had drove off with two young girls in the back - many would be screaming for his head. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Lets wait for the investigation before deciding to crucify the cop.

>>>>

Normally I would, but the cop has already changed his story too many times.

I think this is very sad, something was up with the Marine. Pretty much seems like 'suicide by police,' which is horrible for the police and his daughters.

New Details Released in Marine's Death | NBC San Diego

Does that change your mind at all, paulitician?

Considering that statement was made by the cops, it didn't change mine.

Let's find an impartial witness. oh wait, there isn't one. What a surprise.

The kids are witnesses. Very biased witnesses toward their father. So why would a cop make up a story about the kids when he knows they would contradict him in a heartbeat if he was lying?

Why is no family member screaming blue bloody hell if the cop is lying? Wouldn't the kids have told a family member in the last seven days the cops lied?

I think it is far more likely there is some very shoddy reporting in all of these stories, and that explains much of the contradictions. It is very common for reporters to get the facts all screwed up. That's why we have trials by juries instead of in the court of public opinion.

Well that does change things.

Yeah, according the first article, he was walking away from the car when the officer yelled at him and when he turned around, the officer felt threatened so he shot him.

According to the second article, he was about to drive away, so the officer shot him.

Either way, it pretty much puts the officer in the wrong.

How do you know the conflicting stories are not the result of incompetent reporting?

That could be the case...guess I'm just colored by what I already know about "bad" shooting and cops getting off.

Yeah, according the first article, he was walking away from the car when the officer yelled at him and when he turned around, the officer felt threatened so he shot him.

According to the second article, he was about to drive away, so the officer shot him.

Either way, it pretty much puts the officer in the wrong.

How do you know the conflicting stories are not the result of incompetent reporting?

That could be the case...guess I'm just colored by what I already know about "bad" shooting and cops getting off.

Sure, there are bad cops, and I'll be right there with you if the cops are guilty.

But to presume guilt based on a very short news piece is bad form.

film at 11?

all those police should have car cams.....wonder what they will show....of course the deputy is trying to cover his ass.....

It was caught on dashcam.

really? Got a link?

I sure do.

In addition, KABC-TV said the incident was taped on the deputy's dashboard video camera.
Deputy Says He Shot 'Irrational' Marine to Protect Kids in Car - San Clemente, CA Patch

Unlike you liberals idiots I actually take the time to read the articles that are posted.

Last edited:
Considering it was his routine to go to that school and walk the track, the officer's story is looking murkier and murkier. Why all of a sudden after all this time is there a problem?

At 4:00AM, with two children?

Yes, and until recently his wife went with him, but now she is very pregnant so didn't go this time.

You got a problem with going for a walk early in the morning? My husband leaves for work at 5:15. We want to go for a walk in the morning it would be about 4am.

Forum List

Back