Police State: LAPD Sets up Domestic 'War Room'...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
The LAPD is fighting crime from a high-tech war room that gives it eyes all over the city. The surveillance hub is now a model for police forces around the world and KCAL9 got an exclusive tour inside from Chief Charlie Beck.

“We are targets on our own soil,” says Beck. “We have to be ready.”

What began as a grass roots idea following the 9/11 terrorist attacks is now a state-of-the-art real-time analysis critical response center. It’s called RACR, and it’s located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.

“This is a system that cuts through the red tape, that gets information to the people that need it,” says Chief Beck. He calls it “the brains of the department, twenty-four/seven.” Police in the activity center monitor live feeds of city and traffic cameras, counter-terrorism information, and real-time crime mapping, with cutting edge software. “If we didn’t have that we would be operating blind,” says Capt. Sean Malinowski, the Commanding Officer at RACR. “Essentially we’re always activated here.”

RACR is a critical crime-fighting tool at the center of every high profile incident in the City of Los Angeles.

“We have some real-time tools that help us analyze crime as it’s happening,” says Malinowski. “And then we feed that information out to the geographic areas and to patrol divisions.” RACR is relied upon during events like dignitary visits from the Royals and President Obama, as well as the recent Occupy LA showdown and arrests.

Read More:
LAPD Pioneers High-Tech Crime-Fighting
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Last edited:
Police state hysteria again?

All Americans should start gettting hysterical over this stuff. And people like you especially. Much of this latest Police State invention is designed to target Civil Unrest. You being a proud 'Occupier', should care more about this.

Picture-127.png

All Americans should start gettting hysterical over this stuff. And people like you especially. Much of this latest Police State invention is designed to target Civil Unrest. You being a proud 'Occupier', should care more about this.

Not really, central command and control is preferable to a disjointed police force with an unclear chain of command and poor communication. As disaster prone as Cal. is it is in everyone's best interests to have something like this. I carefully choose my outrage Paulitician, you should do the same.

If we didn't have such a large number of people who believe they have a right to commit crimes as their duty to redistribute wealth, this would never have seen the light of day.

Didn't California just pass a law that gives out a $1,000 fine if you're caught throwing a football or frisbee on the beach?

Have you been to LA lately? its teaming with gangbangers who don't give a fuck about anything, this is probably needed there.

If we didn't have such a large number of people who believe they have a right to commit crime, this probably wouldn't be needed.

Not really, central command and control is preferable to a disjointed police force with an unclear chain of command and poor communication. As disaster prone as Cal. is it is in everyone's best interests to have something like this. I carefully choose my outrage Paulitician, you should do the same.

You're too careful. You're part of the problem, not the solution.

The gangers believe they own everything. I would classify them as DOMESTIC TERRORISTS,selling drugs the violence,carjackings,etc...

The real danger occurs when you STOP hearing about this stuff and people like Paulitician vanish from these types of public forums. That said, it is a good idea to remain situationally aware as much as possible.

Have you been to LA lately? its teaming with gangbangers who don't give a fuck about anything, this is probably needed there.

If we didn't have such a large number of people who believe they have a right to commit crime, this probably wouldn't be needed.

Is that really how they think?

It's how criminals think. When a criminal steals your wallet, he doesn't consider it your wallet. It's his, and you are wrongfully depriving him of his property.

The great sage Bones McCoy once said that evil usually triumphs over good unless good is very careful.

The LAPD is fighting crime from a high-tech war room that gives it eyes all over the city. The surveillance hub is now a model for police forces around the world and KCAL9 got an exclusive tour inside from Chief Charlie Beck.

“We are targets on our own soil,” says Beck. “We have to be ready.”

What began as a grass roots idea following the 9/11 terrorist attacks is now a state-of-the-art real-time analysis critical response center. It’s called RACR, and it’s located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.

“This is a system that cuts through the red tape, that gets information to the people that need it,” says Chief Beck. He calls it “the brains of the department, twenty-four/seven.” Police in the activity center monitor live feeds of city and traffic cameras, counter-terrorism information, and real-time crime mapping, with cutting edge software. “If we didn’t have that we would be operating blind,” says Capt. Sean Malinowski, the Commanding Officer at RACR. “Essentially we’re always activated here.”

RACR is a critical crime-fighting tool at the center of every high profile incident in the City of Los Angeles.

“We have some real-time tools that help us analyze crime as it’s happening,” says Malinowski. “And then we feed that information out to the geographic areas and to patrol divisions.” RACR is relied upon during events like dignitary visits from the Royals and President Obama, as well as the recent Occupy LA showdown and arrests.

Read More:
LAPD Pioneers High-Tech Crime-Fighting
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

The terminology is more than worrisome.

Just a head up. I lived those days of Janet Reno and Clinton specifically targeting a group.

They killed children on a whim for a political exercise. And never forget that that bastard Holder was Reno's right hand man.

What you see with dems is nothing new. Hey the peoples of KKK and Jim Crow Laws are now just targeting others.

It's a machine of hate the Dems are. A machine of hate. A machine of hate and divide.

The great sage Bones McCoy once said that evil usually triumphs over good unless good is very careful.

yeah, but Bones never got laid.

Captain Kirk did. Lesson learned.

:lol:

Forum List

Back