Police State: Facebook Monitors Chats For 'Suspicious Activity', Reports To Police...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
People are only deluding themselves if they think Facebook, Google, and Twitter don't work for the Government. They are the three most powerful & important surveillance tools the Government has. I mean, do people really think Google mapped the entire Earth just for entertainment purposes? Think again.

Facebook and other social platforms are watching users’ chats for criminal activity and notifying police if any suspicious behavior is detected, according to a report.

The screening process begins with scanning software that monitors chats for words or phrases that signal something might be amiss, such as an exchange of personal information or vulgar language.

The software pays more attention to chats between users who don’t already have a well-established connection on the site and whose profile data indicate something may be wrong, such as a wide age gap. The scanning program is also “smart” — it’s taught to keep an eye out for certain phrases found in the previously obtained chat records from criminals including sexual predators.

If the scanning software flags a suspicious chat exchange, it notifies Facebook security employees, who can then determine if police should be notified.

Keeping most of the scanned chats out of the eyes of Facebook employees may help Facebook deflect criticism from privacy advocates, but whether the scanned chats are deleted or stored permanently is yet unknown.

The new details about Facebook’s monitoring system came from an interview which the company’s Chief Security Officer Joe Sullivan gave to Reuters. At least one alleged child predator has been brought to trial directly as a result of Facebook’s chat scanning, according to Reuters’ report.

When asked for a comment, Facebook only repeated the remarks given by Sullivan to Reuters: “We’ve never wanted to set up an environment where we have employees looking at private communications, so it’s really important that we use technology that has a very low false-positive rate"...

Read More:
http://mashable.com/2012/07/12/facebook-scanning-chats/
Social networks scan for sexual predators, with uneven results | Reuters

Anything you do on a public forum is public, so this is hysteria from the hysterical.

People are only deluding themselves if they think Facebook, Google, and Twitter don't work for the Government. They are the three most powerful & important surveillance tools the Government has. I mean, do people really think Google mapped the entire Earth just for entertainment purposes? Think again.

Facebook and other social platforms are watching users’ chats for criminal activity and notifying police if any suspicious behavior is detected, according to a report.

The screening process begins with scanning software that monitors chats for words or phrases that signal something might be amiss, such as an exchange of personal information or vulgar language.

The software pays more attention to chats between users who don’t already have a well-established connection on the site and whose profile data indicate something may be wrong, such as a wide age gap. The scanning program is also “smart” — it’s taught to keep an eye out for certain phrases found in the previously obtained chat records from criminals including sexual predators.

If the scanning software flags a suspicious chat exchange, it notifies Facebook security employees, who can then determine if police should be notified.

Keeping most of the scanned chats out of the eyes of Facebook employees may help Facebook deflect criticism from privacy advocates, but whether the scanned chats are deleted or stored permanently is yet unknown.

The new details about Facebook’s monitoring system came from an interview which the company’s Chief Security Officer Joe Sullivan gave to Reuters. At least one alleged child predator has been brought to trial directly as a result of Facebook’s chat scanning, according to Reuters’ report.

When asked for a comment, Facebook only repeated the remarks given by Sullivan to Reuters: “We’ve never wanted to set up an environment where we have employees looking at private communications, so it’s really important that we use technology that has a very low false-positive rate"...

Read More:
Facebook Monitors Your Chats for Criminal Activity [REPORT]

They work for the government!

You have truly lost your mind.

Read More:
Facebook Monitors Your Chats for Criminal Activity [REPORT]

They work for the government!

You have truly lost your mind.

Yes, they do work for the Government. Their the perfect fronts for Government surveillance on the People. Do you really believe Google mapped the entire Earth just for entertainment purposes? They have a photo of your front door right now. I assure you, it wasn't all just for people to enjoy looking at their own front door on the Internet.

Last edited:
They don't work for the government. But at the same time, this is not private communication. So, yeah, you should be careful.

They don't work for the government. But at the same time, this is not private communication. So, yeah, you should be careful.

In my assessment, they are a part of the Government. They report directly to it. I just can't buy that Google spent all that time and resources mapping the entire Earth, just so people could see their own driveways and front doors on the Internet. There's definitely much more to it.

In my assessment, they are a part of the Government. They report directly to it. I just can't buy that Google spent all that time and resources mapping the entire Earth, just so people could see their own driveways and front doors on the Internet. There's definitely much more to it.

There is.

Google spent all that time mapping so you could explore the rest of the world without leaving your mom's basement.

Which I'm assuming you are choosing not to do.

The Military has been trolling the Myspaces and Facebooks of their Military members for years, figurss everyone else is following suit.

There is.

Google spent all that time mapping so you could explore the rest of the world without leaving your mom's basement.

Yes, just for entertainment purposes. Sure. I can walk right up to your front door right now if i wanted to. And you can thank Google for that. The Government has.

The Military has been trolling the Myspaces and Facebooks of their Military members for years, figurss everyone else is following suit.

Their the perfect Government surveillance fronts. They are the Government at this point.

There is.

Yes, just for entertainment purposes. Sure. I can walk right up to your front door right now if i wanted to. And you can thank Google for that. The Government has.

You walk up to my front door you will be met by my two Rhodesian Ridgebacks. I feed them pauliticians......

what is your life REALLY like I wonder. Seems all you do is sit around and search for things to bitch and moan about. You must be great at a barbecue.

There is.

You walk up to my front door you will be met by my two Rhodesian Ridgebacks. I feed them pauliticians......

:lol: Nice.

Read More:
http://mashable.com/2012/07/12/facebook-scanning-chats/
Sorry guy. I can't back you on this one. It is paramount to saying that you want to get together to exercise free speech in a town square, but don't want the police to listen in on what your saying; or that threats to public officials shouldn't be investigated.

I read this article somewhere this morning and chuckled. I have a facebook account and use the chat. However the only thing I use it for is to play this game I am addicted to. Crime inc. Its a mafia game.
I chat all the time on facebook with other players about robbing this bank or stealing that truck and even who we should kill.

Gotta wonder if I am on some police list because of a game, might even be under investigation by the fbi for violating the rico act, in a game........too funny.

Forum List

Back