Police State: 'Dangerous' Camera Boxes Mounted 'Without Authorization' On NY Streets

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Just another day in Police State America. What are the Nanny/Police Staters up to now?

Norwood%20camera%202_img_assist_custom-250x291.gif

Big Brother is watching you in St. Lawrence County, New York.

At least six light gray boxes containing cameras have been identified on utility poles in the area, but law enforcement officials refuse to identify who installed them, North Country Now reports.

The cameras have also been spotted in the New York towns of Massena, Norfolk, Norwood, Raymondville, Waddington, Canton, DeKalb Junction and Malone.

Michael Jay, a Norwood resident, said that close-up inspection reveals no identification or inscriptions on the boxes.

Law enforcement officials at local, state and federal agencies confirmed the boxes contain license plate readers. The cameras take snapshots and are not capable of sending a live feed, North Country Now reported in an update on Thursday.

The cameras appear to be identical to license plate readers sold on websites, possessing characteristics like a visible light camera, infrared camera and an infrared light source. They are capable of reading plates on passing vehicles, recording the plate number, date, time, location and then sending it to a database for storage. The boxes will alert law enforcement if they identify a wanted vehicle or driver.

St. Lawrence County Sheriff Kevin Wells told local press he has used similar units for ten years, but said the mysterious cameras “are not mine.”

The Massena Electric Department recently detached one of the boxes from a pole that it operates.

Andrew McMahon, a supervisor of the Massena Electric Department, said some of his workers noticed a box hanging in their service region and removed it from the pole. McMahon said the box was “in the electric space and dangerous, mounted without our authorization.”

McMahon gave the box to the Massena Police Department and said, “We didn’t even know it was a camera”...

Read more: 'Dangerous' camera boxes mounted 'without authorization' along New York streets | The Daily Caller

Last edited:
Probably there to photograph illegal-sized drinks in cup holders.

LOL!

That might not be it. You can get a ticket for having a puddle of standing water on your property in NYC too, if someone did have a gov't approved volume drink, they would then have to make sure that the person was drinking out of it often enough before it could be labeled "standing."

I can't figure out why people are leaving that state at such a high rate...............

McMahon said he did not know where the box came from, but assumed it was “probably the feds, but that’s a hunch.”

He had been working with the Massena Police Chief Timmy Currier about placing cameras at intersections and playgrounds so police could monitor the safety of their citizens, but found that the unclaimed cameras were not related to this project.

Currier said he returned the box to the owner, but would not identify the owner.

FOIA time.

So far we have at least three people on this thread:

Paulie
blastoff
and
uncensored

who do not know the difference between New York CITY and New York STATE.

I certainly gave you guys a chance.....St. Lawrence Co. is over 6-7 hours away from NYC...but you kept being stupid.

:lol::lol::lol:

Paulie
blastoff
and
uncensored

I certainly gave you guys a chance.....St. Lawrence Co. is over 6-7 hours away from NYC...but you kept being stupid.

Humor doesn't exactly have to be factually spot on, it was a joke.

Paulie
blastoff
and
uncensored

Humor doesn't exactly have to be factually spot on, it was a joke.

Paulie's stupidity doesn't have to be factually spot on either. :lol::lol::lol:

Paulie
blastoff
and
uncensored

Yeah, that's it Shortbus; it isn't that you missed the joke (as usual,) it's that everyone else is stupid....

Paulie
blastoff
and
uncensored

Yeah, that's it Shortbus; it isn't that you missed the joke (as usual,) it's that everyone else is stupid....

Backpedalling now, eh? You guys remind of the cat that slips and falls and limps off going "I meant to do that...I meant to do that...."

Paulie
blastoff
and
uncensored

Backpedalling now, eh? You guys remind of the cat that slips and falls and limps off going "I meant to do that...I meant to do that...."

Who's backpedaling? You're willfully ignorant, and a bit slow on the uptake. I stand by my belief on that.

Forum List

Back