POLICE STATE: Cop Short Circuits After Preacher Eloquently Refuses 'Free Speech Zone'...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Seriously people, 'Free Speech Zones?' What's going on? Gotta stand up to the bullies... Or get beat down.

Officer bizarrely repeats statement over and over

The Old Paths Baptist Church was out doing some evening preaching last month when they were approached by Steele County cops who were destined to shut them down.

As the group was out on public property, practicing their First Amendment right to peacefully assemble, they were approached by Sheriff’s deputy, Lon Thiele. Thiele told the man filming, who is also a preacher, that he would have to move all the way down the road, away from the intersection, in a “designated [free speech] area.”

Rightfully so, the preacher refused the unlawful order to move into a desolate area to protest. Deputy Thiele was not happy about this defiant act, so he puffed his chest and predictably brought out the, “I need to see your ID” line.

But Thiele was not dealing with a push over; this preacher knows his rights...

Cop Short Circuits After Preacher Eloquently Refused to be Pushed into “Free Speech Zone”

Seriously people, 'Free Speech Zones?' What's going on? Gotta stand up to the bullies... Or get beat down.

Officer bizarrely repeats statement over and over

The Old Paths Baptist Church was out doing some evening preaching last month when they were approached by Steele County cops who were destined to shut them down.

As the group was out on public property, practicing their First Amendment right to peacefully assemble, they were approached by Sheriff’s deputy, Lon Thiele. Thiele told the man filming, who is also a preacher, that he would have to move all the way down the road, away from the intersection, in a “designated [free speech] area.”

Rightfully so, the preacher refused the unlawful order to move into a desolate area to protest. Deputy Thiele was not happy about this defiant act, so he puffed his chest and predictably brought out the, “I need to see your ID” line.

But Thiele was not dealing with a push over; this preacher knows his rights...

Cop Short Circuits After Preacher Eloquently Refused to be Pushed into “Free Speech Zone”
obviously not!

The story does not say what they were protesting. What was important about that particular stretch of sidewalk?

It is a glaring omission that is probably relevant to the situation, or paints these people in a bad light. Were they there to say God Hates Fags or something?

I know in most cities, you can hold protests in public spaces, but still have to get a permit.

The story does not say what they were protesting. What was important about that particular stretch of sidewalk?

It is a glaring omission that is probably relevant to the situation.

I know in most cities, you can hold protests in public spaces, but still have to get a permit.
the source is info wars ,they are not known for being accurate.

'1st Amendment Audits?' Interesting. I guess this is what we have to do nowadays. Who else is gonna keep em honest?

It is a glaring omission that is probably relevant to the situation, or paints these people in a bad light. Were they there to say God Hates Fags or something?

A license to protest. Very sad.

'free speech zones'........something the kids are learning in college these days......very sad...

Forum List

Back