Police State: Confrontation With TSA Agent Leaves Grandpa's Ashes On Floor...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
A man's attempt to bring the ashes of his grandfather home to Indianapolis ended with an angry scene in a Florida airport, with the ashes spilled on the terminal floor.

John Gross, a resident of Indianapolis' south side, was leaving Florida with the remains of his grandfather -- Mario Mark Marcaletti, a Sicilian immigrant who worked for the Penn Central Railroad in central Indiana -- in a tightly sealed jar marked "Human Remains."
Gross said he didn't think he'd have a problem, until he ran into a TSA agent at the Orlando airport.

"They opened up my bag, and I told them, 'Please, be careful. These are my grandpa's ashes,'" Gross told RTV6's Norman Cox. "She picked up the jar. She opened it up.
"I was told later on that she had no right to even open it, that they could have used other devices, like an X-ray machine. So she opened it up. She used her finger and was sifting through it. And then she accidentally spilled it." Gross says about a quarter to a third of the contents spilled on the floor, leaving him frantically trying to gather up as much as he could while anxious passengers waited behind him.

"She didn't apologize. She started laughing. I was on my hands and knees picking up bone fragments. I couldn't pick up all, everything that was lost. I mean, there was a long line behind me."

TSA rules say a crematory container in carry-on baggage must pass through the X-ray machine at the security checkpoint.
But the agency's own website says human remains are to be opened under, “no circumstances.”

"I want an apology,” said Gross. “I want an apology from TSA. I want an apology from the lady who opened the jar and laughed at me. I want them to help me understand where they get off treating people like this."

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/31224633/detail.html
http://www.drudgereport.com/

TSA rules say a crematory container in carry-on baggage must pass through the X-ray machine at the security checkpoint.
But the agency's own website says human remains are to be opened under, “no circumstances.”

"I want an apology,” said Gross. “I want an apology from TSA. I want an apology from the lady who opened the jar and laughed at me. I want them to help me understand where they get off treating people like this."

Confrontation With TSA Agent Leaves Grandpa's Ashes On Floor - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

How much you want to bet he doesn't get what he wants?

Confrontation With TSA Agent Leaves Grandpa's Ashes On Floor - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

How much you want to bet he doesn't get what he wants?

The Gestapo is well protected. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

I can't help but think when Ocommie was elected he and the dems really thought they had a mandate to socialize/communize our country. This discourages travel, his way to hurt that industry and get the next generation accepting authoritarian power. Or not to question the government. I mean look at how bizarre and stupid these things happening to citizens. Zero Americans have used planes to kill others ever and they can't even profile properly? Its tyranny and getting people used to it. It sure as hell better stop under Mitt I'd hope.

Last edited:
Wow. Just wow.

I know what I want. I want her name and photo to go up on every blog and message board to shame the shit out of the bitch.

I wonder how we could get her photo?

Wow. Just wow.

I know what I want. I want her name and photo to go up on every blog and message board to shame the shit out of the bitch.

I wonder how we could get her photo?

I'm afraid it wouldn't matter. Obama's Henchmen & women have no shame. :(

What an awful shame.

However I fail to see how this low paid incompentant bitches actions rises to the level of a Police State.

Now, stopping people and demanding they produce their legal papers for no reason, that's a Police State. Confiscating personal property without due process, that's a Police State. Locking people up for filming police at work, that's a police state.....

The TSA should offer this man compensation for that cruel actions and that bitch should be fired right away.

TSA agents love to humiliate people. They picked this guy out because he was carrying human ashes and was vulnerable.

What an awful shame.

However I fail to see how this low paid incompentant bitches actions rises to the level of a Police State.

Now, stopping people and demanding they produce their legal papers for no reason, that's a Police State. Confiscating personal property without due process, that's a Police State. Locking people up for filming police at work, that's a police state.....

The TSA should offer this man compensation for that cruel actions and that bitch should be fired right away.

Don't count on that happening. As usual, the Gestapo will close ranks and protect her. She'll be made out to be the 'victim' in no time. Bet on that.

All America has to do is to stop flying for a few days. This bullshit would end.

What do they put in their classified ads as qualifications to be a TSA agent?

"Preferably bitch or prick with attitude who would love to screw over people on a day to day basis. This job opportunity allows you to explore your sadistic tendencies. Great pay with the ability to demean nice people on a daily basis."

First off, I will not defend the incompetence of some TSA agents. But, seems to me that usually ones ashes are placed inside a plastic bag before being placed in an urn or anything for traveling. I know the three people i have had the ashes of were all in the plastic.

So this is a series of mistakes all of which are human. We have no police state. Yet......

First off, I will not defend the incompetence of some TSA agents. But, seems to me that usually ones ashes are placed inside a plastic bag before being placed in an urn or anything for traveling. I know the three people i have had the ashes of were all in the plastic.

So this is a series of mistakes all of which are human. We have no police state. Yet......

How to boil a frog....

How to boil a frog....

In which case it's been simmering for 200 years..........

Forum List

Back