Police Shooting unjustified, but apparently not criminal.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
So imagine a situation where you can shoot someone, have the shooting ruled as unjustified and still not face criminal charges. If you are a civilian, chances are that you will never find yourself in that situation, but if you're a cop, no problem gang.

Officer Involved Shooting Not Justified, But No Charges Brought

An investigation by the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s office has found that an officer involved shooting occurring in October last year was not justified. But the D.A. has decided he will not press charges against the Unified Police Department detective involved.

Ok, an unjustified shooting, It was not legal according to the law, but apparently just not criminal according to the DA. Really? So according to the law, the cop shouldn't have shot the baddie, but just because the cop shouldn't do it doesn't mean he should be charged with a crime right? I mean, it was a baddie and who cares if he gets shot.

The settlement on this lawsuit will be huge. I mean, how do you defend a shooting in civil court that the Criminal Justice System has ruled as unjustified? Tell me again how the cops are held to a higher standard. I'd love to hear how that is explained when the unjustified shooting doesn't even result in charges for misdemeanor disturbing the peace for going bang with his gun.

Forum List

Back