Police Officer Shot Dead After Pointing Stun Gun at Dogs

Bear12feet

Aug 14, 2011
A police officer killed while responding to a domestic disturbance in a small eastern Pennsylvania borough had pointed a stun gun at two dogs before being shot, court records reveal.

Freemansburg police officer Robert Lasso had pointed at the attacking dogs when the homeowner pulled out a shotgun and fired the fatal blast on Thursday evening.

In police custody, the alleged gunman, 46-year-old George Hitcho Jr, said he had told Mr Lasso to get off his property and not come on unless he had a warrant, authorities said.

'He tried to kill my dogs and pointed a gun in my face,' Hitcho said, according to the documents. 'I do not care if you a cop or not ...Unbelievable.'

The officer had been responding to a report of of a disturbance and ended up at the back of Hitcho's house, authorities said.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2025812/Police-officer-Robert-Lasso-shot-dead-pointing-stun-gun-mans-dogs.html#ixzz1V83m5wOP

What does this have to do with politics?
Police is governed by government policies. This police officer looks like Obama supporter who cannot think properly.

Since Obama become president, many innocent dogs have been shot dead by police officers for no reason at all. So this was waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Police is governed by government policies. This police officer looks like Obama supporter who cannot think properly.

Since Obama become president, many innocent dogs have been shot dead by police officers for no reason at all. So this was waiting to happen.

Please, oh please tell us you are kidding here.

Hey Libs! Do you want the new guy? We don't.

Sorry bout that,

1. I believe this shooter just bought the *death penalty*, if they have it there.
2. His dogs are not as important as this cops life.
3. What a moron, who thinks he was a liberal?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I agree to a point. The police have become too enamored with their power over the last 40 years or so and have committed many crimes that if perpetrated by an average citizen would land them in prison. Police reviews of many of these abuses have been a farce. If it takes a few citizens to fight back to protect their rights...that may be what is needed.

I would have to know more about the specific circumstances involving this case but if a man wants to go to prison defending his property including his dog I guess that is his call. I would need to know who made the call about the disturbance..and if the man with the shotgun was drunk or on drugs and if he warned the cop to back off or he would be shot.

Police do not have limitless right to invade ones home or property and do anything they feel like at the time. It is unfortunate that the cop was killed but it is entirely possible that the cop was our of line and miss handled the situation to his demise.

I agree to a point. The police have become too enamored with their power over the last 40 years or so and have committed many crimes that if perpetrated by an average citizen would land them in prison. Police reviews of many of these abuses have been a farce. If it takes a few citizens to fight back to protect their rights...that may be what is needed.

I would have to know more about the specific circumstances involving this case but if a man wants to go to prison defending his property including his dog I guess that is his call. I would need to know who made the call about the disturbance..and if the man with the shotgun was drunk or on drugs and if he warned the cop to back off or he would be shot.

Police do not have limitless right to invade ones home or property and do anything they feel like at the time. It is unfortunate that the cop was killed but it is entirely possible that the cop was our of line and miss handled the situation to his demise.

Depending on the Law In Pennsylvania BUT shooting a cop just for being on your property pretty much doesn't fly ANYWHERE. Shooting him for pointing a weapon at 2 dogs about to attack him is also not a crime.

This guy is hosed and rightly so.

A police officer killed while responding to a domestic disturbance in a small eastern Pennsylvania borough had pointed a stun gun at two dogs before being shot, court records reveal.

Freemansburg police officer Robert Lasso had pointed at the attacking dogs when the homeowner pulled out a shotgun and fired the fatal blast on Thursday evening.

In police custody, the alleged gunman, 46-year-old George Hitcho Jr, said he had told Mr Lasso to get off his property and not come on unless he had a warrant, authorities said.

'He tried to kill my dogs and pointed a gun in my face,' Hitcho said, according to the documents. 'I do not care if you a cop or not ...Unbelievable.'

The officer had been responding to a report of of a disturbance and ended up at the back of Hitcho's house, authorities said.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2025812/Police-officer-Robert-Lasso-shot-dead-pointing-stun-gun-mans-dogs.html#ixzz1V83m5wOP

He should have listened to the guy that told him to leave.

Let the flames begin.

That was just stupid. Congratulations on proving that you are going to be one of the most idiotic posters on the board.

2. His dogs are not as important as this cops life.
This innocent man (Hitcho) said 'the police officer pointed a gun in my face and tried to kill my dogs".

Many people get angry when somebody points a gun in their face. whether they are police or military or criminals or anybody.

Innocent people do not like guns pointed in their face and innocent people are scared of nobody.

You're an idiot.

Fantastic ! Now. Can this be repeated tens of thousands of times in the nation formerly known as the USA ?:clap2:

Of course we'll probably never know what really happened.

What does" responding to a domestic disturbance" in this case really mean?

We don't have a clue, do we?

Of course that won't stop most of us from deciding who was in the wrong or right, will it?

Forum List

Back