Police Killings Surpass the Worst Years of Lynching, Capital Punishment, and a Movement Responds

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
2015-11-03-1446580996-989306-jhkjBkLjAjCkKjLIjVESMATTER1024x572.jpg

2015-11-03-1446574496-4279587-GTjYk_jekric_garner2_ml_140722_31x13_1600.jpg

2015-11-03-1446575414-6538338-hjtk_jckhjakrleston_shooting_video_sequence_03_jc_150408_12x5_1600.jpg

2015-11-03-1446576335-3973886-jdkujbkojskej_k5j9k0j.jpg

Video cameras have transformed how we view police killings. First, there was the horrifying homicide in July 2014 of Eric Garner, placed in a choke-hold for selling loose cigarettes and denied medical assistance for several long minutes despite pleading "I can't breathe" eleven times. Then there was the shocking slaying in April 2015 of Walter Scott, stopped for a non-functioning third brake light and shot in the back in broad daylight while running away from the police. Most recently, there was the fatal shooting this July of Samuel Dubose, stopped for a missing front license plate and shot in the head while attempting to drive away. In all three cases -- two of them caught by citizen videos and the third by police camera -- the victims were African-American.

In the wake of these events and protests that have done so much to focus public attention on them, our knowledge of police killings has rapidly expanded. So, too, has the issue's political salience. The videos -- and the outrage that followed -- helped ignite the most powerful civil rights movement since the 1960s. Thanks to this movement, the issues of police killings and mass incarceration are now squarely on the public agenda.

Much More: Police Killings Surpass the Worst Years of Lynching, Capital Punishment, and a Movement Responds

Black Lives Matter! We all should respect and support them as they fight against police brutality and injustice.

I dunno......

I'm not convinced there are institutions within the police departments that condone the kind of police killings we're seeing these days.

Like Muslim terrorist, I think homicidal police pretty much do that thing in a vacuum.

Show me the math.

1,000,000 cops in America.
280 trillion hours of collective hours worked.

43,000,000 African Americans in America.
Number of blacks shot and killed by cops:_____

You fill in that blank for us.

What are the odds a black person is shot and killed in America by a cop???

I dunno......

I'm not convinced there are institutions within the police departments that condone the kind of police killings we're seeing these days.

Like Muslim terrorist, I think homicidal police pretty much do that thing in a vacuum.

And statistically very rare.

By the way OP.....your link is to a blogger...a UC-BERKELEY sociology professor haha. And provides no stats. Just mushy hearted liberal rambling.

I dunno......

And statistically very rare.
Generally, the poorer the neighborhood, the more dangerous it can be for cops.

I personally think that any racial or cultural group that presents to law enforcement in the same general manner the average black population presents would likely be treated exactly the same.

I'm just not seeing the cops I know being stupid enough to let whatever racial biases they may, or may not have, affect how they approach their jobs, on a daily basis.

Are there some? of course...but whaddya gonna do?

By the way OP.....your link is to a blogger...a UC-BERKELEY sociology professor haha. And provides no stats. Just mushy hearted liberal rambling.
Being a UC Berkeley professor is a great thing.

Out here on the west coast...that's where they keep all the mad smart people. Berkeley and Stanford.

I'm no Fox News conservative.

I just know hysteria when I see it

Show me the math.

Here you go Lakhota I reposted it ^^^.

Let's have the hard discussion.

Hint....

Stats say a black person in America has about a 1 in 143,333 odds of being shot and killed by a cop. So....in a city of 1.4 million ALL BLACK people....about 10 will be killed by a cop.

Or.....by %.....0.00001 % chance.

Black people: Your chances of being killed by a cop are 0.00001%.

Ok. Let's start the talk. Ready?

Show me the math.

actually, you are more likely to be killed by the police if you are white.....and this article is just more anti police crap.....the victims of lynching were innocent.....the majority of police involved killings have to do with violent suspects trying to harm or kill the officers or other innocent people...

This writer is a disgrace.....putting innocent people murdered by democrats in the same category as violent criminal democrats attacking police and other innocent people.....

Blacks in America have a 0.000005% chance of being killed by a cop. Including justified.

This all going exactly according to obamas plan. This division is just part of the rules for radicals. Id say whomever is telling obozo clown president how to procede is brilliant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back