Police kill wrong man at wrong house

As usual, the police have 'excuses' (dog, gun), and claim to have shouted warnings, which no-one in the vicinity heard. These guys always looking for a bit of target practice.

Mississippi police shoot man dead after arriving at wrong house

Families of the victim are suing, I don't know if much will come out of it.

There was no reason to kill even if he was the right person they had a warrant for.
Agreeed, and all 90% of innocent people shot by non cops with guns, let's ignore that. Let's feed into more anti cop hysteria even though cops are a tiny threat. Please, let's feed into the anti cop backlash, that will make criminals respect you before they rape, rob, steal and do bad stuff. Yeah, why worry about cops, again? Poor blacks are the single biggest group of shooters. If you like the high black crime and couple that with anti gun control, you must be having an orgasm.

I saw this on the news. Seems that even though the 911 dispatcher gave them the right address, they went to the wrong one late at night.

Seems that he opened the door, they saw a gun and shot him. His wife was awake and said that she didn't hear any warnings, just shots and then saw her husband laying on the ground.

Sorry, but when it comes to crap like this, the cops in question should be fired. In the military you wouldn't be able to get away with crap like this. You'd be kicked out. Police need to be accountable for their actions.

I saw this on the news. Seems that even though the 911 dispatcher gave them the right address, they went to the wrong one late at night.

Seems that he opened the door, they saw a gun and shot him. His wife was awake and said that she didn't hear any warnings, just shots and then saw her husband laying on the ground.

Sorry, but when it comes to crap like this, the cops in question should be fired. In the military you wouldn't be able to get away with crap like this. You'd be kicked out. Police need to be accountable for their actions.

Maybe you should let an investigation take place

Investigation is ongoing, but they have already released the information that even though the 911 operator gave them the right address, they still went to the wrong one late at night in a sketchy neighborhood. You talk about how you like your gun rights, what would you do if someone was skulking around your house late at night? Invite them in for cookies?

And yeah, police DO get it wrong. A few years back, my neighbor's little girl crawled in through the window in front because she'd forgot her keys, but the cops came to MY house (next door) and were peeking around my windows with flashlights. When I went outside, THEN I found out they were cops and asked what they were doing. They said they had a call about someone breaking into the house and I told them I'd been home all night, but looked over and saw where the girl had taken the screen out of the window, pointed it out to them, and then they left.

Investigation is ongoing, but they have already released the information that even though the 911 operator gave them the right address, they still went to the wrong one late at night in a sketchy neighborhood. You talk about how you like your gun rights, what would you do if someone was skulking around your house late at night? Invite them in for cookies?

And yeah, police DO get it wrong. A few years back, my neighbor's little girl crawled in through the window in front because she'd forgot her keys, but the cops came to MY house (next door) and were peeking around my windows with flashlights. When I went outside, THEN I found out they were cops and asked what they were doing. They said they had a call about someone breaking into the house and I told them I'd been home all night, but looked over and saw where the girl had taken the screen out of the window, pointed it out to them, and then they left.

You're talking shit you heard from the media.

You're talking shit you heard from the media.
Corporate state owned media.

As a society we sure don't want to pay for professionalism and training, why, our taxes might go up since we won't defund militarily occupying the planet and deciding the governments of others.

I'm not at all worried. I don't live in the kind of neighborhood where police have to serve warrants.

What kind of neighborhood is that? My parents had a search warrant executed at the house across the street from them. They live in a 300,000 dollar house, with every house in the neighborhood 150,000 to 450,000. Anyone can have a warrant executed on them anywhere.

I'm not at all worried. I don't live in the kind of neighborhood where police have to serve warrants.

What kind of neighborhood is that? My parents had a search warrant executed at the house across the street from them. They live in a 300,000 dollar house, with every house in the neighborhood 150,000 to 450,000. Anyone can have a warrant executed on them anywhere.

It's the kind of neighborhood that doesn't have search warrants served. None. Zero.

How do you know? You have no idea about that. Many warrants are served late at night, and in unmarked cars. You'd never know. And no warrant doesn't mean no crime. Crime is everywhere.

It's either super-isolated, way out in the country, or super-rich with huge multi-million-dollar mansions only, or both.

Forum List

Back