Police kill man trapped in car

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
This man obviously deserved to be tased because he would not cooperate with the police or firefighters when they ordered him to get out of the car.

:cuckoo:

A Silver Spring man died while in the custody of Montgomery County police Tuesday after he was subdued with a Taser, according to the department. Delric T. East, 40, of the 14300 block of Bel Pre Drive, became combative as rescue teams were attempting to remove him from a car wreck on Route 29 near Briggs Chaney Road around 10:20 p.m., police said.
The car had run into a barrier separating the roadway’s north- and southbound lanes.
The rescue team requested police assistance, acccording to police. The officers attempted to remove the man from the car, but he continued to resist and they used a Taser on him, police said.

Man dies in Montgomery County after being subdued with Taser - Crime Scene - The Washington Post

My guess is that somebody will come along and support the police here because they are police. This incident proves to me that police should not be allowed to use Tasers in any situation where they would not use a gun. They are not compliance devices, they are weapons.

A vial of suspected liquid PCP was found in the car, police said, and a passenger in the told police East had taken PCP before the collision.
Leaving out vital information as usual.

If I was leaving out vital information I would have found a story that left that detail out and forced you to dig it up on your own. He was fucking trapped in a wrecked car, there was no need to tase him.

A vial of suspected liquid PCP was found in the car, police said, and a passenger in the told police East had taken PCP before the collision.

If I was leaving out vital information I would have found a story that left that detail out and forced you to dig it up on your own. He was fucking trapped in a wrecked car, there was no need to tase him.

Not really defending the cops here because I wasn't there but you've never dealt with someone who is high on PCP, have ya? I have, everyone around them is in danger, I've seen a 120lb man toss a 200lb cop across a room without any sign of effort and it took 8 people to subdue him and the leather restraints were doubled, he still broke one of them. He had no recollection of what he had done when he came down from his high.

Not really defending the cops here because I wasn't there but you've never dealt with someone who is high on PCP, have ya? I have, everyone around them is in danger, I've seen a 120lb man toss a 200lb cop across a room without any sign of effort and it took 8 people to subdue him and the leather restraints were doubled, he still broke one of them. He had no recollection of what he had done when he came down from his high.

If he was not trapped in a wrecked car I would agree that the police should be careful. As it is, all they had to do was not get close enough for him to pick them up.

If he was not trapped in a wrecked car I would agree that the police should be careful. As it is, all they had to do was not get close enough for him to pick them up.

Like I said, I wasn't there but if he had serious or potential serious injuries he might not have known and in order to treat those injuries he had to be subdued somehow. Now, do I think the police tend to over use tasers? Probably but that's just my humble opinion.

Like I said, I wasn't there but if he had serious or potential serious injuries he might not have known and in order to treat those injuries he had to be subdued somehow. Now, do I think the police tend to over use tasers? Probably but that's just my humble opinion.

Police used to shoot anyone who approached them that was high on PCP. LAPD took to carrying 45s in order to deal with people on PCP because they could take a full clip of 9s and keep coming.

The thing is, Tasers tend to kill people who happen to be high, so tasing a person who is high is the same as shooting them. Would you think that anyone trapped in a car, even if they were high, should be shot?

Police used to shoot anyone who approached them that was high on PCP. LAPD took to carrying 45s in order to deal with people on PCP because they could take a full clip of 9s and keep coming.

The thing is, Tasers tend to kill people who happen to be high, so tasing a person who is high is the same as shooting them. Would you think that anyone trapped in a car, even if they were high, should be shot?
Of course not. I don't even think I implied deadly force should be used, especially to subdue someone who might need medical treatment for injuries. If it was me I'd let them stay trapped until they passed out or the high wore off, unfortunately even that would open the rescuers up to civil if not criminal action. Kinda damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

Of course not. I don't even think I implied deadly force should be used, especially to subdue someone who might need medical treatment for injuries. If it was me I'd let them stay trapped until they passed out or the high wore off, unfortunately even that would open the rescuers up to civil if not criminal action. Kinda damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

I'll give you that one because I agree, but I honestly do think police should treat Tasers as deadly weapons, not as compliance devices.

I'll give you that one because I agree, but I honestly do think police should treat Tasers as deadly weapons, not as compliance devices.

Agreed, though tasers should be used as compliance devices only in extreme circumstances. I've seen way too many instances where tasers were deployed instead of patience and brains. The problem is the cops were given this tool with the idea it was non-lethal and would help them in their job but it's getting out of hand. New restrictions on their use and complete retraining needs to be conducted to break the current paradigm.

Agreed, though tasers should be used as compliance devices only in extreme circumstances. I've seen way too many instances where tasers were deployed instead of patience and brains. The problem is the cops were given this tool with the idea it was non-lethal and would help them in their job but it's getting out of hand. New restrictions on their use and complete retraining needs to be conducted to break the current paradigm.

They should be treated just like guns. Police should go before a review panel and justify it whenever they use them, have counseling on the proper use of force, and have a week of desk duty.

Forum List

Back