Police: Fake census worker invades home, kills owner

What a sick country this has become. What is wrong with some of us? It's not like we didn't have crimes in the past, we did. But the crimes have become more and more vile and reprehensible with the passage of time. It's like the perpetrators are competing against each other trying to see who can outdo the other with heinous acts.

My step-dad, God love him, was a guard at the State Penitentiary in Richmond, VA. He caught a couple of prisoners "doing the dirty" in a place they shouldn't have been in the first place and one of them beat him with his own billy-club while his partner ran for help. He died a couple days later have never regained conscience. The guy had nothing to lose - he was already serving two life sentences. It was big news back when it happened. Today, crime is so damned rampant and we've become so desensitized that it usually end up with a 2-inch note on page B-7.

Back then, the sentences were just that - real sentences, and the death penalty meant just that. Today we have to fawn over and baby our prisoners. They have more rights than their victims.

I find it amazing that perpetrators have no problem whatsoever killing another person ... but when it comes to THEM getting a death sentence - they want their own life taken. That would be so cruel.

Fuck you and your "we" Comment, Granny... I don't Take Credit for the Residue of Liberal Policies...

Each Individual is Responsible for their Actions, regardless of whether they were Oppressed with the Liberal's Inner City Plantation or the Poverty of Appalachia...

:)

peace...

It's not a "fuck you" matter. I said "SOME of us" without regard to political affiliation or idealism. "Us" and "we" being used in the sense that we are all members of the human species. SOME of us - but not ALL of us - as humans - are truly horrific in what we are capable of inflicting on others. SOME of us - but not ALL of us - do think that the accused or convicted should be handled with kid gloves.

You're right that each individual is responsible for his or her actions - but SOME of us think that there is always a justification (excuse) for bad choices/behavior/actions and those bad choices/behavior/actions should be "mitigated" because their mother hated them, they grew up poor, or whatever - any excuse will do to alleviate the perpetrator's suffering.

Hell, my mother hated me, too, I was put in an orphanage, mentally and emotionally abused and physically abused - but in 66 years I have yet to ever kill, rob, or brutally attack anyone. I determined early on that I would try to make good choices in life.

I'd ask for an apology for your outburst but I doubt that I would get one.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back