Police Employ Predator Drone Spy Plane On Home Front...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
And to think just a few short years ago most laughed at those suggesting our Government would be using Drone Spy Planes on its own Citizens. Well guess what? They're doing it and they plan on using them much more...

Armed with a search warrant, Nelson County Sheriff Kelly Janke went looking for six missing cows on the Brossart family farm in the early evening of June 23. Three men brandishing rifles chased him off, he said.

Janke knew the gunmen could be anywhere on the 3,000-acre spread in eastern North Dakota. Fearful of an armed standoff, he called in reinforcements from the state Highway Patrol, a regional SWAT team, a bomb squad, ambulances and deputy sheriffs from three other counties.

He also called in a Predator B drone.

As the unmanned aircraft circled 2 miles overhead the next morning, sophisticated sensors under the nose helped pinpoint the three suspects and showed they were unarmed. Police rushed in and made the first known arrests of U.S. citizens with help from a Predator, the spy drone that has helped revolutionize modern warfare.

But that was just the start. Local police say they have used two unarmed Predators based at Grand Forks Air Force Base to fly at least two dozen surveillance flights since June. The FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration have used Predators for other domestic investigations, officials said.

Read More:
Police employ Predator drone spy planes on home front - latimes.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Makes you wonder about the things many are laughing off and ridiculing others over right now huh? 'It could never happen here.' Yea well,it is happening here.

Search warrant was in hand. And the perpetrators were clearly hostile and threatening. I don't think I have a problem with this.

Search warrant was in hand. And the perpetrators were clearly hostile and threatening. I don't think I have a problem with this.

Sure why not? As long as it's for our own good right? And it's for the children too huh? Man,what are we becoming? Some will just excuse anything their Government does. Where did my country go?

Quit your babbling, I never said anything like that. I said that the police had a valid search warrant, and that the perpetrators presented a clear danger to the police. That danger calls for taking alternative steps in order to execute the warrant and keep themselves safe.

Armed with a search warrant…

Frankly, we’d need to see the warrant to make an informed comment.

Given the six missing cows, one would assume the entire ranch was subject to search. By foot or drone may not be at issue:
For decades, U.S. courts have allowed law enforcement to conduct aerial surveillance without a warrant. They have ruled that what a person does in the open, even behind a backyard fence, can be seen from a passing airplane and is not protected by privacy laws.

But privacy advocates say drones help police snoop on citizens in ways that push current law to the breaking point.

"Any time you have a tool like that in the hands of law enforcement that makes it easier to do surveillance, they will do more of it," said Ryan Calo, director for privacy and robotics at the Stanford Law School's Center for Internet and Society.

True.

But making a legal distinction between manned and unmanned aerial surveillance, where the latter would require a warrant, may prove very difficult.

What else are they using their Drones for? Hint: They're bleepin spying on American bleepin Citizens! God,Americans have become such sheep. SHEESH!

Last edited:
Might as well get used to it, the MIC wants this and they will have it. They would like nothing better than to sell one to every county in the US. Doesn't matter who you elect either, surveillance on the civilian population of the US will continue to grow and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Might as well get used to it, the MIC wants this and they will have it. They would like nothing better than to sell one to every county in the US. Doesn't matter who you elect either, surveillance on the civilian population of the US will continue to grow and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

I know,it really is such a bleak future. 1984 is here. But it's all for our own good i guess. So they keep telling us anyway. :(

What's the big deal? Police have been using helicopters and light planes for surveillance for decades. Drones are just a way to do the same job, without the risk of pilots dying in a crash.

Wait until they put bombs in the things. Think it can't happen? Look at videos of tanks and attack helicopters in Waco

The underlying theme here is that the police are being intentionally militarized with large cash handouts from the faux "war on terror". You have rookies coming onto the force with military backgrounds who are so young that they've never know a world in which their own government wasn't instilling them with fear and suspicion of everyone and everything. It's a recipe for another Kent State.

Wait until they put bombs in the things. Think it can't happen? Look at videos of tanks and attack helicopters in Waco

Obviously that's the next phase. America is dying. Unfortunately,not enough Americans seem to care.

Obviously that's the next phase. America is dying. Unfortunately,not enough Americans seem to care.

I care, but I've come to the conclusion that a "cold reboot" is the only thing that's going to fix this place and it won't be pretty. Step 1: The boomer generation that runs this place has got to get out of the way. I don't care if it's the rest home or the local grave yard. When I say out of the way I simply mean out of politics and policy making.

Using the predators on home soil is no different to the use of helicopters and small planes as previously said as long as they are not weaponised. Soon as this happens, then it becomes a problem. However, while they do not carry lethal arms, then they are a very useful tool in the capturing and surveillance of criminals. Having spent a substancial amount on producing these drones, why not put them into good use while they are not being used in operations overseas?

I care, but I've come to the conclusion that a "cold reboot" is the only thing that's going to fix this place and it won't be pretty. Step 1: The boomer generation that runs this place has got to get out of the way. I don't care if it's the rest home or the local grave yard. When I say out of the way I simply mean out of politics and policy making.

Yeah, right!!! Wait your turn like every other generation.

Forum List

Back