Police Chief says Officer Wilson will likely not be charged.

If you're being violently assaulted by somebody you have the right, police officer or civilian, to shoot that person in defense. People can and do kill others with their bare hands all the time. If that is what happened in this case in Ferguson then Wilson was justified. I'm not convinced that's the case, but I wasn't there to witness it and there is no video evidence of the attack. While I'm skeptical that Wilson was right in shooting Brown, were I sitting on a jury and presented with the exact same facts that I know right now I wouldn't be able to convict him beyond a reasonable doubt.

I agree with this. Thank you for setting me straight. After reading all the witness reports, my comment was never a question of whether or not he should be charged with anything. It was more to the point of whether he should keep his job.

I too don't know enough to clearly judge if he is guilty. But I can see from the multiple witness testimony that this misunderstanding should have never ended in the death of a young teen if this cop was a professional.

Protect and Serve?

My ass. . .
Was the Michael Brown guilty?
Yet to be seen...but as it stands right now, he committed felony assault on a police officer.

That's not what I was referring to. What I was referring to, is did the police officer has probably cause to arrest Michael Brown? If so, he should have followed protocols.

Stop trolling...
Fair enough.

I didn't know what I was talking about. I apologize. I never followed the incident closely enough to care. lol I just read the MOD message and was set straight. Usually MSM news and events are meant to stir up public outrage and cause and outpouring of cries for more authority of the police state.

I saw the testimony of the other kid involved and this incident just sounds awful.

Still, all in all, I maintain that the cop should probably be fired. The use of deadly force was not warranted. Where was Brown going to go after the struggle, seriously? Run to Mexico with a bullet in the arm? Wilson had winged him. He was going to turn up in a healthcare facility nearby, weakened and in terrible pain. After cooler heads prevailed, and an APB had been issued, Brown would have been brought in.

They caught the other kid you know. It's just a case of lousy police work that has caused more racial tension and further militarization of the police.

Never did I say Wilson needs to be charged with anything. I only maintained that this guy needs to go. He doesn't have the temperament or the cool head needed to be a officer of the law.

Shooting
The encounter between Michael Brown, Dorian Johnson, and Darren Wilson took place on August 9, 2014, in the 2900 block of Canfield Drive, in the middle of the Canfield Green Apartment complex.[26]

At 12:01 p.m. Wilson drove up to Brown and Johnson and ordered them to move off the street and onto the sidewalk.[27][11][28][29][30] A struggle then took place between Brown and Wilson through the window of the police SUV, a Chevrolet Tahoe.[31] Wilson's gun was fired twice during the struggle with one bullet hitting Brown's arm while it was inside the vehicle.[31] Brown broke free of Wilson's grasp and he and Johnson fled away from the vehicle and Johnson hid behind a car.[32] Wilson got out of the vehicle and pursued Brown, striking him with at least six shots[11] and fatally wounding him. Brown was unarmed.[26]

St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said the day after the shooting that Brown died approximately 35 feet (11 m) from the police vehicle.[27][33] According to CNN, documents show that less than three minutes passed from the time Wilson encountered Brown to the time of Brown's death.[34]

He didnt run away he attacked. Thats what got the kid killed.
Had he followed the officers instructions he would be alive today.

According to witnesses and the other kid, he did run away after the police officer harassed them, and after he had already been shot once.
Shooting of Michael Brown - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/20/us/shooting-accounts-differ-as-holder-schedules-visit.html?_r=0

Witnesses Tiffany Mitchell Piaget Crenshaw detail Michael Brown shooting journalists detained - The Global Dispatch

I could go on, there's more, but you have already made up your mind, haven't you?

It's disgraceful is what it is. They ought to, at the very least, can his ass.

Who on Earth would want to be a police officer if the BEST result for you if you end up shooting a suspect is that you get fired?

Some of you are fucking idiots.

He did his job wrong, it resulted in TERRIBLE consequences. When people do their jobs wrong, they should be discharged. It really is that simple.

This sets a terrible precedent. "Peace officers" can use deadly force on unarmed citizens when they so choose. I just don't like it.

Racists here don't mind. But if the guy had been a white man, standing in front of his home, barring entry to his house because police didn't have a warrent and he diddn't want cops harassing his wife and young children? Well, I think folks would be singing a different tune. . . .

So he should have let Brown beat the shit out of him, take his gun and possibly kill him and you would be ok with that.

I try not to play "what if" games.

How could Brown, "beat the shit out of him," as you say, when every one agrees that Brown is already terrified, shot, and covered in his own Blood?

And by some accounts, the young man just robbed and local convenience store. It's pretty obvious for this kid, the jig is up. He just wants to live at this point. . . .

Yet to be seen...but as it stands right now, he committed felony assault on a police officer.

That's not what I was referring to. What I was referring to, is did the police officer has probably cause to arrest Michael Brown? If so, he should have followed protocols.
He did he questioned him and for his trouble he was attacked in his car and the perp tried to take his firearm shooting happened in the car from that. How exactly was supposed to arrest a 280 pound man charging him after already being beaten? Moron.

Thank you sir I realize that now. I was misinformed when I originally posted. I don't watch TV or keep up to date with current events. So there is egg on my face when I started down this road.

Now I am up to speed.

What I don't understand, is this.

IF, after the kid had a bullet in his arm, why did the cop need to fill him full of lead? Why didn't he call for back up? Why not chase him with the squad car?

I now read all of the eye witness accounts, and although they do vary in some degree of the detail, one thing is obvious, the kid did NOT need to die if the officer had been a professional.

Does he need to be brought up on charges? Not necessarily.

Would you want this gut to be a cop in YOUR town? I sure as hell wouldn't. Bullies suck.

Who on Earth would want to be a police officer if the BEST result for you if you end up shooting a suspect is that you get fired?

He did his job wrong, it resulted in TERRIBLE consequences. When people do their jobs wrong, they should be discharged. It really is that simple.

This sets a terrible precedent. "Peace officers" can use deadly force on unarmed citizens when they so choose. I just don't like it.

Racists here don't mind. But if the guy had been a white man, standing in front of his home, barring entry to his house because police didn't have a warrent and he diddn't want cops harassing his wife and young children? Well, I think folks would be singing a different tune. . . .

So he should have let Brown beat the shit out of him, take his gun and possibly kill him and you would be ok with that.

How could Brown, "beat the shit out of him," as you say, when every one agrees that Brown is already terrified, shot, and covered in his own Blood?

And by some accounts, the young man just robbed and local convenience store. It's pretty obvious for this kid, the jig is up. He just wants to live at this point. . . .

Wilson's orbital socket didn't fracture itself.

Explain Brown's blood inside the patrol car.

Explain Brown's blood on the officers handgun and uniform.

Explain at least one gun shot that was fired at close range.

He did he questioned him and for his trouble he was attacked in his car and the perp tried to take his firearm shooting happened in the car from that. How exactly was supposed to arrest a 280 pound man charging him after already being beaten? Moron.

Thank you sir I realize that now. I was misinformed when I originally posted. I don't watch TV or keep up to date with current events. So there is egg on my face when I started down this road.

Now I am up to speed.

IF, after the kid had a bullet in his arm, why did the cop need to fill him full of lead? Why didn't he call for back up? Why not chase him with the squad car?

I now read all of the eye witness accounts, and although they do vary in some degree of the detail, one thing is obvious, the kid did NOT need to die if the officer had been a professional.

Would you want this gut to be a cop in YOUR town? I sure as hell wouldn't. Bullies suck.

He died because he refused to comply with the officers demand and charged at Wilson, who had already suffered a crushing blow at the hands of Brown.

What would you have done? Let the man that just crushed your orbital socket to come at you again?

Yes I would like Wilson to work in my town. I think every town needs more cops like Wilson.

Now I am up to speed.

You still believe that Brown was shot in the back. There's the problem right there.

After being shot in the arm, Brown got away. He started running away. Then for some reason, he did exactly what he did in the convenience store. He turned and charged. He was then shot five more times from the front. The kill shot went through the top of his head because his head was down as he was charging.

Officer Wilson did the right thing defending himself against a black thug. Give him an award.

MisterBeale said:

Now I am up to speed.

Because he gave chase and was not at his car. Brown turned and charged him. Even after some hits he continued to run towards Wilson

If you're being violently assaulted by somebody you have the right, police officer or civilian, to shoot that person in defense. People can and do kill others with their bare hands all the time. If that is what happened in this case in Ferguson then Wilson was justified. I'm not convinced that's the case, but I wasn't there to witness it and there is no video evidence of the attack. While I'm skeptical that Wilson was right in shooting Brown, were I sitting on a jury and presented with the exact same facts that I know right now I wouldn't be able to convict him beyond a reasonable doubt.

I agree with this. Thank you for setting me straight. After reading all the witness reports, my comment was never a question of whether or not he should be charged with anything. It was more to the point of whether he should keep his job.

I too don't know enough to clearly judge if he is guilty. But I can see from the multiple witness testimony that this misunderstanding should have never ended in the death of a young teen if this cop was a professional.

Protect and Serve?

My ass. . .

Stop trolling...
Fair enough.

I didn't know what I was talking about. I apologize. I never followed the incident closely enough to care. lol I just read the MOD message and was set straight. Usually MSM news and events are meant to stir up public outrage and cause and outpouring of cries for more authority of the police state.

I saw the testimony of the other kid involved and this incident just sounds awful.

Still, all in all, I maintain that the cop should probably be fired. The use of deadly force was not warranted. Where was Brown going to go after the struggle, seriously? Run to Mexico with a bullet in the arm? Wilson had winged him. He was going to turn up in a healthcare facility nearby, weakened and in terrible pain. After cooler heads prevailed, and an APB had been issued, Brown would have been brought in.

They caught the other kid you know. It's just a case of lousy police work that has caused more racial tension and further militarization of the police.

Never did I say Wilson needs to be charged with anything. I only maintained that this guy needs to go. He doesn't have the temperament or the cool head needed to be a officer of the law.

Shooting
The encounter between Michael Brown, Dorian Johnson, and Darren Wilson took place on August 9, 2014, in the 2900 block of Canfield Drive, in the middle of the Canfield Green Apartment complex.[26]

At 12:01 p.m. Wilson drove up to Brown and Johnson and ordered them to move off the street and onto the sidewalk.[27][11][28][29][30] A struggle then took place between Brown and Wilson through the window of the police SUV, a Chevrolet Tahoe.[31] Wilson's gun was fired twice during the struggle with one bullet hitting Brown's arm while it was inside the vehicle.[31] Brown broke free of Wilson's grasp and he and Johnson fled away from the vehicle and Johnson hid behind a car.[32] Wilson got out of the vehicle and pursued Brown, striking him with at least six shots[11] and fatally wounding him. Brown was unarmed.[26]

St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said the day after the shooting that Brown died approximately 35 feet (11 m) from the police vehicle.[27][33] According to CNN, documents show that less than three minutes passed from the time Wilson encountered Brown to the time of Brown's death.[34]

According to witnesses and the other kid, he did run away after the police officer harassed them, and after he had already been shot once.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/20/us/shooting-accounts-differ-as-holder-schedules-visit.html?_r=0

Witnesses Tiffany Mitchell Piaget Crenshaw detail Michael Brown shooting journalists detained - The Global Dispatch

I could go on, there's more, but you have already made up your mind, haven't you?

Not how it happened. You just admitted to not following the story closely and you want to call into question how it happened when the forensic evidence and the only true eyewitness saw it point to it being a good shoot.
Get back to me when you've "followed a little closer"

If only that was true,you might have something,in this case ya got nothing,that cop has every right to protect himself,he was attacked,as the evidence is showing.This is all on the thug that just knocked over a convenience store,get a grip on reality.

This is not about race.

This was about a stupid teenager making stupid choices and dying because of them.

Stop trolling...
Fair enough.

Shooting

Nope, he deserves an award and a pay raise.

That won't happen either. He is finished in the St Louis area and probably Illinois as well.

Wilson's orbital socket didn't fracture itself.

Explain Brown's blood inside the patrol car.

Explain Brown's blood on the officers handgun and uniform.

Explain at least one gun shot that was fired at close range.

I can't, nor will I attempt to. Apparently you DO know, don't you? It's like they say, dead men tell no tales. . . .

10371650_687235181313986_402404726306758578_n.jpg

Protect and Serve?

My ass. . .

Stop trolling...
Fair enough.

Shooting

Not how it happened. You just admitted to not following the story closely and you want to call into question how it happened when the forensic evidence and the only true eyewitness saw it point to it being a good shoot.
I just read everything. . . .

You have in your mind it happened one way, the eye witnesses and autopsy report disagree with what you have in your mind. What else is there to say? I just posted the Some of the links I have read. Do you want to post something else for me to refer to? Or is it TV propaganda and talk radio that you have been listening to that you can't refer me to?

Are you for real? He made a choice and it has been deemed a good choice and he did his job properly.

The scenario you are giving isn't even close to the one between Wilson and Brown. You would have to be a real nut job to find the two comparable.

According to witnesses Michael Brown was shot in the back as he was running away.

There are no gunshots to the back only to the front. Which is correct the witnesses or the evidence?

MisterBeale said:

Now I am up to speed.

Because he gave chase and was not at his car. Brown turned and charged him. Even after some hits he continued to run towards Wilson

I suppose. If you are naive enough to believe that story. . .

Someone watches too many movies and television shows. lol

Protect and Serve?

My ass. . .
Stop trolling...
Fair enough.

Shooting

I just read everything. . . .

You have in your mind it happened one way, the eye witnesses and autopsy report disagree with what you have in your mind. What else is there to say? I just posted the Some of the links I have read. Do you want to post something else for me to refer to? Or is it TV propaganda and talk radio that you have been listening to that you can't refer me to?
You didn't read everything. Really, what's your point in even being in this thread?

According to witnesses Michael Brown was shot in the back as he was running away.

There are no gunshots to the back only to the front. Which is correct the witnesses or the evidence?

From the witnesses I read, none of them actually said that he appeared to be shot in the back. They all state that there was a shot fired while his back was turned, THEN he turned around, and put his hands in the air and started walking back. They all pretty much agree on that fact.

New Topics

Forum List

Back