Police Chief says Officer Wilson will likely not be charged.

The simple fact is, if he though Michael Brown was guilty, he should have thrown cuffs on him and thrown him in the back of the cruiser. The perp. is dead now because the cop did his job wrong. The cop needs to be fired because someone is dead and the cop went overboard using lethal force. It wouldn't have happened if the cop wasn't such an idiot.

Ah. . . . the terror of the police state.
You have got to be the most naive person I have encountered in a long while. Cops don't just "throw" a pair of cuffs on a 300 pound, angry man. Sometimes it takes three of four big, burly cops to subdue one drugged up perp. Cops don't just "throw" people into the back of their cruiser when they don't wanna be thrown.

By the way, "being thrown in jail" is just an expression.

You need to watch a few episodes of COPS now and then...study what most people call "resisting arrest'.

It's disgraceful is what it is. They ought to, at the very least, can his ass.

Who on Earth would want to be a police officer if the BEST result for you if you end up shooting a suspect is that you get fired?

Some of you are fucking idiots.

He did his job wrong, it resulted in TERRIBLE consequences. When people do their jobs wrong, they should be discharged. It really is that simple.

This sets a terrible precedent. "Peace officers" can use deadly force on unarmed citizens when they so choose. I just don't like it.

Racists here don't mind. But if the guy had been a white man, standing in front of his home, barring entry to his house because police didn't have a warrent and he diddn't want cops harassing his wife and young children? Well, I think folks would be singing a different tune. . . .

So he should have let Brown beat the shit out of him, take his gun and possibly kill him and you would be ok with that.

I try not to play "what if" games.

A Sig Sauer .40 has ample knockdown power against a normal sized man. Brown was 280 lbs. and high as a kite. All you need to see is the video of him manhandling the store clerk and then defiantly walking down the middle of the street when he was approached. He went for the officer's weapon that much is now certain. He then absorbed several rounds while advancing toward the officer. There were no rear entry shots....he was not shot in the back. The officer, seeing previous rounds were not ending the attack, threw a head shot into him. That's exactly what is proper procedure and how he was trained.

The simple fact is, if he though Michael Brown was guilty, he should have thrown cuffs on him and thrown him in the back of the cruiser. The perp. is dead now because the cop did his job wrong. The cop needs to be fired because someone is dead and the cop went overboard using lethal force. It wouldn't have happened if the cop wasn't such an idiot.

He tried doing that, Brown resisted, punched the cop, went for his gun and the rest is history.

Sometimes criminals don't always go easy, some put up a fight. You need to stop living with blinders on.

Which is exactly what would have happened if Dirt Nap had cooperated.

Good. I am sure he wishes the whole incident would have turned out differently but as it stands the evidence supports the actions of the officer.

Was the Michael Brown guilty?
Yet to be seen...but as it stands right now, he committed felony assault on a police officer.

That's not what I was referring to. What I was referring to, is did the police officer has probably cause to arrest Michael Brown? If so, he should have followed protocols.
He did he questioned him and for his trouble he was attacked in his car and the perp tried to take his firearm shooting happened in the car from that. How exactly was supposed to arrest a 280 pound man charging him after already being beaten? Moron.

He did his job wrong, it resulted in TERRIBLE consequences. When people do their jobs wrong, they should be discharged. It really is that simple.

This sets a terrible precedent. "Peace officers" can use deadly force on unarmed citizens when they so choose. I just don't like it.

If you're being violently assaulted by somebody you have the right, police officer or civilian, to shoot that person in defense. People can and do kill others with their bare hands all the time. If that is what happened in this case in Ferguson then Wilson was justified. I'm not convinced that's the case, but I wasn't there to witness it and there is no video evidence of the attack. While I'm skeptical that Wilson was right in shooting Brown, were I sitting on a jury and presented with the exact same facts that I know right now I wouldn't be able to convict him beyond a reasonable doubt.
I know that killed you to write, but kudos to you .

Yet to be seen...but as it stands right now, he committed felony assault on a police officer.

That's not what I was referring to. What I was referring to, is did the police officer has probably cause to arrest Michael Brown? If so, he should have followed protocols.

Stop trolling...
Fair enough.

I didn't know what I was talking about. I apologize. I never followed the incident closely enough to care. lol I just read the MOD message and was set straight. Usually MSM news and events are meant to stir up public outrage and cause and outpouring of cries for more authority of the police state.

I saw the testimony of the other kid involved and this incident just sounds awful.

Still, all in all, I maintain that the cop should probably be fired. The use of deadly force was not warranted. Where was Brown going to go after the struggle, seriously? Run to Mexico with a bullet in the arm? Wilson had winged him. He was going to turn up in a healthcare facility nearby, weakened and in terrible pain. After cooler heads prevailed, and an APB had been issued, Brown would have been brought in.

They caught the other kid you know. It's just a case of lousy police work that has caused more racial tension and further militarization of the police.

Never did I say Wilson needs to be charged with anything. I only maintained that this guy needs to go. He doesn't have the temperament or the cool head needed to be a officer of the law.

Shooting
The encounter between Michael Brown, Dorian Johnson, and Darren Wilson took place on August 9, 2014, in the 2900 block of Canfield Drive, in the middle of the Canfield Green Apartment complex.[26]

At 12:01 p.m. Wilson drove up to Brown and Johnson and ordered them to move off the street and onto the sidewalk.[27][11][28][29][30] A struggle then took place between Brown and Wilson through the window of the police SUV, a Chevrolet Tahoe.[31] Wilson's gun was fired twice during the struggle with one bullet hitting Brown's arm while it was inside the vehicle.[31] Brown broke free of Wilson's grasp and he and Johnson fled away from the vehicle and Johnson hid behind a car.[32] Wilson got out of the vehicle and pursued Brown, striking him with at least six shots[11] and fatally wounding him. Brown was unarmed.[26]

St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said the day after the shooting that Brown died approximately 35 feet (11 m) from the police vehicle.[27][33] According to CNN, documents show that less than three minutes passed from the time Wilson encountered Brown to the time of Brown's death.[34]

Stop trolling...
Fair enough.

I didn't know what I was talking about. I apologize. I never followed the incident closely enough to care. lol I just read the MOD message and was set straight. Usually MSM news and events are meant to stir up public outrage and cause and outpouring of cries for more authority of the police state.

I saw the testimony of the other kid involved and this incident just sounds awful.

Still, all in all, I maintain that the cop should probably be fired. The use of deadly force was not warranted. Where was Brown going to go after the struggle, seriously? Run to Mexico with a bullet in the arm? Wilson had winged him. He was going to turn up in a healthcare facility nearby, weakened and in terrible pain. After cooler heads prevailed, and an APB had been issued, Brown would have been brought in.

They caught the other kid you know. It's just a case of lousy police work that has caused more racial tension and further militarization of the police.

Never did I say Wilson needs to be charged with anything. I only maintained that this guy needs to go. He doesn't have the temperament or the cool head needed to be a officer of the law.

Shooting
The encounter between Michael Brown, Dorian Johnson, and Darren Wilson took place on August 9, 2014, in the 2900 block of Canfield Drive, in the middle of the Canfield Green Apartment complex.[26]

At 12:01 p.m. Wilson drove up to Brown and Johnson and ordered them to move off the street and onto the sidewalk.[27][11][28][29][30] A struggle then took place between Brown and Wilson through the window of the police SUV, a Chevrolet Tahoe.[31] Wilson's gun was fired twice during the struggle with one bullet hitting Brown's arm while it was inside the vehicle.[31] Brown broke free of Wilson's grasp and he and Johnson fled away from the vehicle and Johnson hid behind a car.[32] Wilson got out of the vehicle and pursued Brown, striking him with at least six shots[11] and fatally wounding him. Brown was unarmed.[26]

St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said the day after the shooting that Brown died approximately 35 feet (11 m) from the police vehicle.[27][33] According to CNN, documents show that less than three minutes passed from the time Wilson encountered Brown to the time of Brown's death.[34]

He didnt run away he attacked. Thats what got the kid killed.
Had he followed the officers instructions he would be alive today.

Now that we have more evidence, I think we can paint a better picture of what likely happened.

The officer stops them for walking in the middle of the street.

Brown had just stolen items from a conveinent store and tussled with the owner, thus probably thought he was being stopped for that reason. Because of thinking he was going to be arrested, he goes on the offense shoving the officer who was trying to get out of his squad car and wrestles with the officer inside the squad car.
Things get serious and the officers gun is fired twice. One shot hits Brown in the arm.

Brown then realizes he's in trouble so he retreats away from the squad car. The officer commands him to stop. Brown turns around and begins to walk back towards the officer. The officer fresh from believing Brown was trying to get his gun away moments before, now believes Brown is coming back to attack again.
The officer fearing now for his life feels he must use lethal force in order to stop the threat.
He then fires the fatal shot.

Racists here don't mind. But if the guy had been a white man, standing in front of his home, barring entry to his house because police didn't have a warrent and he diddn't want cops harassing his wife and young children? Well, I think folks would be singing a different tune. . . .
I just can't figure out what your tune is. Are you talking about Michael Brown/Darren Wilson?

Forum List

Back