Police car hits man with knife.

Well, there is a better chance of surviving a hit by a car than the alternative ... gun shot wounds are more painful to.

good for the cops..or are they supposed to brew up a pot a tea for the armed man?

In my opinion, it looked like an accident. I can't tell what sort of view they had turning into that parking lot, but it seems like they didn't realize he was there until after they turned, because they stop after they nail the crazy fuck.

In Seattle we recently had a man wielding a Katana. He was shot of course because he was swinging it like a madman. But then a bunch of people got all angry about it, like the cops had a choice. Who wants to lose their own life at work? So I find these stories just lame really.

Cops are in a dammed if you do and a dammed it you don't situation. But every time a cop dies,, we go oh well.

Put yourself in the shoes of this guy's family.
Your grandmother, uncle, daughter (whoever) has a history of mental illness, and didn't take his/her medication or something and was out chasing imaginary chickens with a kitchen knife or something crazy like that. :cuckoo:
Some naturally calls the police.
They show up to "protect and serve"
Without ever touching a stun gun (most cops have the stun guns that can be used from a distance, they shoot little electrodes with wires attached.)
Granny in her pharmacological withdrawal induced chicken hunt gets turned into a puddle of granny goop by the cops bumber. :wtf:
That christmas everyone is sad because they miss granny, and how she used to talk to the turkey during every christmas dinner. :(

I'm just saying it could have been handled alot more professionally.

Put yourself in the shoes of this guy's family.
Your grandmother, uncle, daughter (whoever) has a history of mental illness, and didn't take his/her medication or something and was out chasing imaginary chickens with a kitchen knife or something crazy like that. :cuckoo:
Without ever touching a stun gun (most cops have the stun guns that can be used from a distance, they shoot little electrodes with wires attached.)
Granny in her pharmacological withdrawal induced chicken hunt gets turned into a puddle of granny goop by the cops bumber. :wtf:
That christmas everyone is sad because they miss granny, and how she used to talk to the turkey during every christmas dinner. :(

I'm just saying it could have been handled alot more professionally.

To the stun guns:

1. They are not fully effective and many criminals just shrug them off.
2. Do you know how many lawsuits that occur even when they use them.

Also, protect and serve extends to themselves. Put yourself in the cops shoes as well. I have mental disorders and I won't take meds because the meds make me crazy while the disorder only makes me isolate. So yeah, I have been in his shoes. As for family, they are probably just looking for an excuse to sue if they do. If not then they are smart enough to realize the simple fact of life: people die, get hurt, and even make horrible mistakes.

the guy clearly turned around and attempted to jump up onto a moving police car. do stun guns work through windshields?

You both have very good, valid points.
The guy DID jump on a cop car, then a second car (which should have known there was a crazy guy near,cops have radios) rams the poor s.o.b.
Look, when a cop gets hurt on the job I feel bad for them too.
But when those cops go around hurting others I don't defend the cops.
Intent is clearly the deciding factor, and nobody but that cop knows if he really meant to hit him, or honestly didn't see him until it was too late.

Police who overstep the boundries do need to be punished, but not all cops need to punished for the few who do.
I agree with that statement 100% I never said this cop should be punished.
I did say "In my opinion this cops is just an :ahole-1: " but then again I think all people that don't know how to drive are... :D jk

You both have very good, valid points.
The guy DID jump on a cop car, then a second car (which should have known there was a crazy guy near,cops have radios) rams the poor s.o.b.
Look, when a cop gets hurt on the job I feel bad for them too.
But when those cops go around hurting others I don't defend the cops.
Intent is clearly the deciding factor, and nobody but that cop knows if he really meant to hit him, or honestly didn't see him until it was too late.

so what's your point then, assuming you have one?

I agree with that statement 100% I never said this cop should be punished.
I did say "In my opinion this cops is just an :ahole-1: " but then again I think all people that don't know how to drive are... :D jk

At the risk of sounding like a parrot, I agree with that last part to ... :eusa_whistle:

so what's your point then, assuming you have one?

Scroll up...

"Put yourself in the shoes of this guy's family.
Your grandmother, uncle, daughter (whoever) has a history of mental illness, and didn't take his/her medication or something and was out chasing imaginary chickens with a kitchen knife or something crazy like that.
Granny in her pharmacological withdrawal induced chicken hunt gets turned into a puddle of granny goop by the cops bumber.
That christmas everyone is sad because they miss granny, and how she used to talk to the turkey during every christmas dinner.

I'm just saying it could have been handled alot more professionally."

Scroll up...

"Put yourself in the shoes of this guy's family.
Your grandmother, uncle, daughter (whoever) has a history of mental illness, and didn't take his/her medication or something and was out chasing imaginary chickens with a kitchen knife or something crazy like that.
Granny in her pharmacological withdrawal induced chicken hunt gets turned into a puddle of granny goop by the cops bumber.
That christmas everyone is sad because they miss granny, and how she used to talk to the turkey during every christmas dinner.

I'm just saying it could have been handled alot more professionally."

I asked this once, forgive me if you have answered once. Do stun guns work through windshields?

I asked this once, forgive me if you have answered once. Do stun guns work through windshields?

no, they don't.
sorry, i have a bad habit of answering rhetorical questions.
more to the point, i can't say for certain that anything could have been done about. as AshAm said only the cop knows, and he's got to live with himself.
i don't see the point in second guessing him, i guess; he's probably doing that himself.

i did like his line about granny talking to the turkey, though. pretty funny if you know my MIL. ;)

the guy clearly turned around and attempted to jump up onto a moving police car. do stun guns work through windshields?

Do knives? The guy was not trying to get into the car and was obviously in a poor mental state. In regards to police getting killed; that is what they sign up for. Being a police officer you understand that you are putting your life on the line for the good of the community. It is just sad that most officers have forgotten both of those basic principles. For the most part, officers are more interested in protecting themselves then they are others. Did you ever think that if cops did not have such a bad rap for abusing the people they arrest, being so corrupt and serving their own selfish interests, the community at large might respond to them better and assist them on a larger scale?

I understand that not all cops are terrible people and some even care about the job that they do, but for the most part, it is a job for people that could not get into college and want a position of power to abuse. Cops like this deserve to be in jail with every other criminal they have arrested over the years.

Do knives? The guy was not trying to get into the car and was obviously in a poor mental state. In regards to police getting killed; that is what they sign up for. Being a police officer you understand that you are putting your life on the line for the good of the community. It is just sad that most officers have forgotten both of those basic principles. For the most part, officers are more interested in protecting themselves then they are others. Did you ever think that if cops did not have such a bad rap for abusing the people they arrest, being so corrupt and serving their own selfish interests, the community at large might respond to them better and assist them on a larger scale?

I understand that not all cops are terrible people and some even care about the job that they do, but for the most part, it is a job for people that could not get into college and want a position of power to abuse. Cops like this deserve to be in jail with every other criminal they have arrested over the years.

you are really good. I could not tell from the film what the guys intentions were.

Forum List

Back