Police break up unholy brawl in revered Jerusalem church

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
Israeli police rushed into Jerusalem's Church of the Holy Sepulchre to break up fist fights between dozens of Greek and Armenian worshippers on Orthodox Palm Sunday, witnesses said.

Some 20 officers intervened after Armenian worshippers threw a Greek Orthodox priest out of the church, sparking a free-for-all, they said.

Several worshippers then started beating the police officers with palm fronds they were holding for the Palm Sunday celebrations that mark the return of Jesus to the Holy City a week before he was crucified.

After the incident, dozens of members of Jerusalem's Armenian community marched from the church to the Old City's police headquarters in protest at the detention of two Armenians.

Brawls are not uncommon at the church, which is shared by various branches of Christianity, each of which controls and jealously guards part of site -- considered one of the holiest in Christianity.

Precisely in order to prevent such disturbances, two Muslim families have been entrusted for the past 800 years with opening and closing the gates of the church, a cavernous labyrinth of chapels and crypts built on the site where many Christians believe Jesus was crucified and buried.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080420133039.d2v7rrej&show_article=1

I found this story interesting because of it's tradition of mingled religions benefiting each other (while the christians were out palming each other) for 800 years.

it's a positive story. relax.

I found this story interesting because of it's tradition of mingled religions benefiting each other (while the christians were out palming each other) for 800 years.

it's a positive story. relax.

That wasnt what I was commenting on....I was waiting to hear about how the story related to Palestine since you posted it in this section...Shouldnt this go under the section of religion instead?

are you gonna insist on being a stupid bitch? Hell, we can take it to the flame zone if that's the kind of attention you really need today.

are you gonna insist on being a stupid bitch? Hell, we can take it to the flame zone if that's the kind of attention you really need today.

Please provide evidence that this has ANYTHING to do with Palestine.

You are the one who posted this under the Palestinian section so when I went over here and read the article I was left wanting.

This should have been put under the plain old religious section.

I too found it funny about the groups palming each other.

It sounds like YOU are the one who wants to fight. So by all means go right ahead.

go fuck yourself. I'm just not interested in where you think this thread should go today.

by all means.. have fun thinking otherwise.

What does this have to do with Palestine?

The forum is titled Israel and Palestine. IMO that doesn't necessarily mean it's about the inter-relationship of Israel and Palestine but can related to either area.

The holy sepulcre is in Israel last I checked.

Gunny and/or Domino might disagree, but I'm okay with it. Feel free to pm any of the three of us next time you think a thread may be misplaced.

Thanks.

just to clarify, if I may scrape the shit off of my shoes, I posted this here as a goodwill gesture to those who usually argue polarized positions despite the FACT of 800 years of muslim and christian symbiosis in the story above.

now, it's too bad that the original intent has been cropped for some lame fucking thread patrol since, clearly, pointing out a mutually peaceful, cross-dogma relationship is totally worthless in a forum about israel and palestine... espeically since it takes place.. yup... IN fucking israel. where for 800 years muslims have played a distinct role in doling out fairness to sects of christianity.

it doesn't take a fucking bobby fisher to play this game, does it?

just clarifying since dread seems to get stuck on moving pawns.

Forum List

Back