Police break down the door of an innocent man

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Quantum Windbag, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Another reason to teach cops that breaking down doors is not a good idea.

False accusation led to raid on home, man's 22 stitches | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

2. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    Cops do whatever the fuck they want without any repercussions....

Hell, look at my sig....

They pretty much raided my parents house without a warrant, tazed my dad and punched him in the back of the head to find my brother who "failed to turn in missing property" which he found and was only valued at 10 bucks..

YouTube - ‪Tased Execution Style at Home... (Full Video)‬‏

We live in a fucking police state and the cops are like the fucking gestapo...

Cops are the most evil vial pieces of shit on the planet....

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    it is not the fault of the police that they got misinformation.

you nutters really need to get a grip. it's the trial that's to determine guilt or innocence. not the arrest.

and they didn't sic the dog on him because he did what they said. and the police thought they were dealing with a murderer. their job description does not include being reckless to appease your delicate sensibilities.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  4. thereisnospoon

thereisnospoon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,398
    They didn't command the dog to attack? Ok...since you were there, tell us what else went down.
    These cops made a huge error not only in action, but in judgement by breaking into a dwelling without investigating the complaint. Did the police look for the car where the woman was allegedly placed? Did the police speak to the complainant before entering the apartment of the victim? Did the police identify themselves before entering? These questions and others must be answered.
    A full independent investigation should convene.
    As a matter of fact the local US Attorney's office can take a look into possible civil rights violations.
    I am all for letting the proper authorities do their investigation before rendering an opinion. I was not there. I have no idea the facts of the case.

5. The Gadfly

The Gadfly Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +611
    Jillian, misinformation or not, there is NO justification for deploying a dog on an unresisting, compliant subject, EVER! No matter what one "expects" police and other first responders have to evaluate a situation as it progresses, and adjust accordingly. Professional law enforcement officers are well aware of this, (as are civilians trained to handle and deploy a protection/apprehension canine). Like civilians, police are required to use only such force as is "reasonable and proportionate" to the situation, and deploying a dog is fairly far up the use of force continuum. I've worked with and known more than a few cops. Most are good people, who usually go the extra mile not to use excessive force. Obviously someone in this situation did otherwise. THE POLICE ARE NOT ALWAYS RUGHT, nor are their actions immune from question and censure. A badge is not a license to run amok, and most officers, local, state or federal, are well aware of this, and act accordingly. The few who do not, give the rest a bad reputation.

Incidents like this one are why I suggest to people, that it is a thoroughly bad idea to give the state and its agents carte blanche to do as they see fit, without restraint. You or anyone else is one malicious, anonymous phone call, or one mistaken address on a "no-knock" warrant, away from having your door kicked in at 3am by a group of cops who may or may not be totally professional, may be highly agitated, may have had a bad day, and can most likely shoot you and get away with it. Don't think it can't happen to you, because it can. I am willing to bet, that you would be more than a little angry if they deployed a dog on you, or worse. I suggest you remember that. That is why we do not and should not give officers a free pass on anything they do, and why we have to insist their actions be subject to review, no matter how much we sympathize with the difficulties inherent in their profession.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Sheldon

Sheldon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,330
    Hindsight is fun.

It seems like some he said she said going on with this. Either way, I think the state should reimburse him for the med bills and missed pay.

7. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,766

"How do you teach Cops....that" ? What's the point? Is it alleged by quantum windbags that this goes on all over the Country? A little perspective....what happens when a local Constable deputy exceeds his authority? Think about it? What do you do when a Constable deputy authorizes a really bad incident? That's right, you get him fired and you consider his boss in the next election. Perspective again...what do you do when a federal police agency sells 2,000 guns to drug cartels and a Border Patrol Officer is killed by one of them? It remains to be seen.

8. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    They were told he had killed someone and put her in the trunk of a car. What exigent circumstance existed for them to break down a door and sick a dog on an unarmed man?

I won't hold my breath waiting for your answer.

9. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,969
    I will defend police to the death when they are forced into a life or death situation, but when it comes to warrant serves in a house, in a situation where they go in and create the threatening situation, any fuckups are 100% on them.

The man should be compensated, and the officers disiplined if they made a dog attack him when not needed, just on the "assumption" he was a murderer. According to the story he was compliant.

In that case procedure was not followed, and the dog officer at a minimum should be disiplined, and maybe fired.

When you are given the authority of the State, any mistakes have to be rectifed.

10. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    That is the catch. Constables are not really professional law enforcement. They work for the Justice of the Peace serving summonses and eviction notices. Texas lets them drive around in marked cars and carry guns, and pretend to be real police. I didn't know they had K9 units, probably another wonderful use of federal grants to make the world safe from terrorism.