Police break down the door of an innocent man

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Another reason to teach cops that breaking down doors is not a good idea.

While Travis Prespentt was cleaning his porch he noticed patrol cars downstairs, but he didn't think they had anything to do with him.When he went in for a beer, police had knocked down his door and ordered him to put his hands up. Prespentt said he did as they said, but deputies still sicced a dog on him.
As the dog chewed on Prespentt's arm, he said, the officers demanded to know where "the female" was.
Prespentt, assuming they meant his dog, first tried to tell them that she was in a cage on the porch. Then he realized they were looking for his wife, and shouted that she was at the grocery store.

False accusation led to raid on home, man's 22 stitches | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Cops do whatever the fuck they want without any repercussions....

Hell, look at my sig....

They pretty much raided my parents house without a warrant, tazed my dad and punched him in the back of the head to find my brother who "failed to turn in missing property" which he found and was only valued at 10 bucks..

YouTube - ‪Tased Execution Style at Home... (Full Video)‬‏

We live in a fucking police state and the cops are like the fucking gestapo...

Cops are the most evil vial pieces of shit on the planet....

Last edited:
it is not the fault of the police that they got misinformation.

you nutters really need to get a grip. it's the trial that's to determine guilt or innocence. not the arrest.

and they didn't sic the dog on him because he did what they said. and the police thought they were dealing with a murderer. their job description does not include being reckless to appease your delicate sensibilities.

Last edited:

you nutters really need to get a grip. it's the trial that's to determine guilt or innocence. not the arrest.

and they didn't sic the dog on him because he did what they said. and the police thought they were dealing with a murderer. their job description does not include being reckless to appease your delicate sensibilities.
They didn't command the dog to attack? Ok...since you were there, tell us what else went down.
These cops made a huge error not only in action, but in judgement by breaking into a dwelling without investigating the complaint. Did the police look for the car where the woman was allegedly placed? Did the police speak to the complainant before entering the apartment of the victim? Did the police identify themselves before entering? These questions and others must be answered.
A full independent investigation should convene.
As a matter of fact the local US Attorney's office can take a look into possible civil rights violations.
I am all for letting the proper authorities do their investigation before rendering an opinion. I was not there. I have no idea the facts of the case.

Jillian, misinformation or not, there is NO justification for deploying a dog on an unresisting, compliant subject, EVER! No matter what one "expects" police and other first responders have to evaluate a situation as it progresses, and adjust accordingly. Professional law enforcement officers are well aware of this, (as are civilians trained to handle and deploy a protection/apprehension canine). Like civilians, police are required to use only such force as is "reasonable and proportionate" to the situation, and deploying a dog is fairly far up the use of force continuum. I've worked with and known more than a few cops. Most are good people, who usually go the extra mile not to use excessive force. Obviously someone in this situation did otherwise. THE POLICE ARE NOT ALWAYS RUGHT, nor are their actions immune from question and censure. A badge is not a license to run amok, and most officers, local, state or federal, are well aware of this, and act accordingly. The few who do not, give the rest a bad reputation.

Incidents like this one are why I suggest to people, that it is a thoroughly bad idea to give the state and its agents carte blanche to do as they see fit, without restraint. You or anyone else is one malicious, anonymous phone call, or one mistaken address on a "no-knock" warrant, away from having your door kicked in at 3am by a group of cops who may or may not be totally professional, may be highly agitated, may have had a bad day, and can most likely shoot you and get away with it. Don't think it can't happen to you, because it can. I am willing to bet, that you would be more than a little angry if they deployed a dog on you, or worse. I suggest you remember that. That is why we do not and should not give officers a free pass on anything they do, and why we have to insist their actions be subject to review, no matter how much we sympathize with the difficulties inherent in their profession.

Hindsight is fun.

Prespentt said he did as they said, but deputies still sicced a dog on him.

Travis Prespentt said one of the deputy constables continuously accused him of punching the dog while he was being attacked. He has denied striking the dog, protesting that he is an animal lover.

It seems like some he said she said going on with this. Either way, I think the state should reimburse him for the med bills and missed pay.

While Travis Prespentt was cleaning his porch he noticed patrol cars downstairs, but he didn't think they had anything to do with him.When he went in for a beer, police had knocked down his door and ordered him to put his hands up. Prespentt said he did as they said, but deputies still sicced a dog on him.
As the dog chewed on Prespentt's arm, he said, the officers demanded to know where "the female" was.
Prespentt, assuming they meant his dog, first tried to tell them that she was in a cage on the porch. Then he realized they were looking for his wife, and shouted that she was at the grocery store.

False accusation led to raid on home, man's 22 stitches | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

"How do you teach Cops....that" ? What's the point? Is it alleged by quantum windbags that this goes on all over the Country? A little perspective....what happens when a local Constable deputy exceeds his authority? Think about it? What do you do when a Constable deputy authorizes a really bad incident? That's right, you get him fired and you consider his boss in the next election. Perspective again...what do you do when a federal police agency sells 2,000 guns to drug cartels and a Border Patrol Officer is killed by one of them? It remains to be seen.

They were told he had killed someone and put her in the trunk of a car. What exigent circumstance existed for them to break down a door and sick a dog on an unarmed man?

I won't hold my breath waiting for your answer.

I will defend police to the death when they are forced into a life or death situation, but when it comes to warrant serves in a house, in a situation where they go in and create the threatening situation, any fuckups are 100% on them.

The man should be compensated, and the officers disiplined if they made a dog attack him when not needed, just on the "assumption" he was a murderer. According to the story he was compliant.

In that case procedure was not followed, and the dog officer at a minimum should be disiplined, and maybe fired.

When you are given the authority of the State, any mistakes have to be rectifed.

Jillian, misinformation or not, there is NO justification for deploying a dog on an unresisting, compliant subject, EVER! No matter what one "expects" police and other first responders have to evaluate a situation as it progresses, and adjust accordingly. Professional law enforcement officers are well aware of this, (as are civilians trained to handle and deploy a protection/apprehension canine). Like civilians, police are required to use only such force as is "reasonable and proportionate" to the situation, and deploying a dog is fairly far up the use of force continuum. I've worked with and known more than a few cops. Most are good people, who usually go the extra mile not to use excessive force. Obviously someone in this situation did otherwise. THE POLICE ARE NOT ALWAYS RUGHT, nor are their actions immune from question and censure. A badge is not a license to run amok, and most officers, local, state or federal, are well aware of this, and act accordingly. The few who do not, give the rest a bad reputation.

Incidents like this one are why I suggest to people, that it is a thoroughly bad idea to give the state and its agents carte blanche to do as they see fit, without restraint. You or anyone else is one malicious, anonymous phone call, or one mistaken address on a "no-knock" warrant, away from having your door kicked in at 3am by a group of cops who may or may not be totally professional, may be highly agitated, may have had a bad day, and can most likely shoot you and get away with it. Don't think it can't happen to you, because it can. I am willing to bet, that you would be more than a little angry if they deployed a dog on you, or worse. I suggest you remember that. That is why we do not and should not give officers a free pass on anything they do, and why we have to insist their actions be subject to review, no matter how much we sympathize with the difficulties inherent in their profession.

That is the catch. Constables are not really professional law enforcement. They work for the Justice of the Peace serving summonses and eviction notices. Texas lets them drive around in marked cars and carry guns, and pretend to be real police. I didn't know they had K9 units, probably another wonderful use of federal grants to make the world safe from terrorism.

Hindsight is fun.

Prespentt said he did as they said, but deputies still sicced a dog on him.
Travis Prespentt said one of the deputy constables continuously accused him of punching the dog while he was being attacked. He has denied striking the dog, protesting that he is an animal lover.
It seems like some he said she said going on with this. Either way, I think the state should reimburse him for the med bills and missed pay.

I don't blame him for hitting it if he did, or not remembering it either. He was under a bit of stress. If a dog attacked me I would do my best to kill it, even if it was one that belonged to the police.

"How do you teach Cops....that" ? What's the point? Is it alleged by quantum windbags that this goes on all over the Country? A little perspective....what happens when a local Constable deputy exceeds his authority? Think about it? What do you do when a Constable deputy authorizes a really bad incident? That's right, you get him fired and you consider his boss in the next election. Perspective again...what do you do when a federal police agency sells 2,000 guns to drug cartels and a Border Patrol Officer is killed by one of them? It remains to be seen.

Are you trying to say that police are not breaking down doors all over the country? If you are, you must have been living under a rock. Any cop that breaks down my door illegally, and this was illegal, is going to be met with justified force to resist his attempt to break the law.

I think they get more violent the more the person resists, or at least can hold on long enough for the cops to get there and submit the suspect or whatever. But those dogs can get downright nasty, and once they find the person they're looking for it's like they physically can't stop barking. I think they're more intimidating that any cop.

I wonder how much he'll be awarded after he sues the police?

I think they get more violent the more the person resists, or at least can hold on long enough for the cops to get there and submit the suspect or whatever. But those dogs can get downright nasty, and once they find the person they're looking for it's like they physically can't stop barking. I think they're more intimidating that any cop.

These dogs can do a lot of damage, even when properly handled. Typically you're talking about a German Shepherd Dog 80-90 pounds, and pretty aggressive. (The difference between a law enforcement canine and a civilian high-level protection dog is that the latter is usually a bit more socialized; both have about the same level of aggression, and require a well-trained handler). I've been on the receiving end of a deployed dog, with proper training and in full protective gear (an experience one needs to have to handle them properly), and even under controlled conditions, you can definitely get hurt. Even if you are very fit and well trained, these dogs are powerful, and can very easily dislocate a shoulder or elbow if you get careless, and exert considerable bite pressure (hell yes, it still hurts!) even through protective gear. Now, imagine what that will do to an untrained, unprotected subject! These dogs are trained to take even a large man off his feet and keep him there, and are more than capable of doing it. A good dog will hold until he is pulled off, and will only bite harder if resisted. As a result, the law requires a fairly high level of threat to justify deploying the dog; in some jurisdictions, it's considered use of lethal force, and deployment of the dog is a sub-lethal alternative, when deadly force would otherwise be called for. It's not something to be done lightly, either in law enforcement or the civilian world; do it without proper justification, and the charges can range from aggravated battery to assault with a deadly weapon.

Last edited:

These dogs can do a lot of damage, even when properly handled. Typically you're talking about a German Shepherd Dog 80-90 pounds, and pretty aggressive. (The difference between a law enforcement canine and a civilian high-level protection dog is that the latter is usually a bit more socialized; both have about the same level of aggression, and require a well-trained handler). I've been on the receiving end of a deployed dog, with proper training and in full protective gear (an experience one needs to have to handle them properly), and even under controlled conditions, you can definitely get hurt. Even if you are very fit and well trained, these dogs are powerful, and can very easily dislocate a shoulder or elbow if you get careless, and exert considerable bite pressure (hell yes, it still hurts!) even through protective gear. Now, imagine what that will do to an untrained, unprotected subject! These dogs are trained to take even a large man off his feet and keep him there, and are more than capable of doing it. A good dog will hold until he is pulled off, and will only bite harder if resisted. As a result, the law requires a fairly high level of threat to justify deploying the dog; in some jurisdictions, it's considered use of lethal force, and deployment of the dog is a sub-lethal alternative, when deadly force would otherwise be called for. It's not something to be done lightly, either in law enforcement or the civilian world; do it without proper justification, and the charges can range from aggravated battery to assault with a deadly weapon.

I know someone who breeds and trains Akitas (I think) and sells then to police and military. Those dogs are huge, and you have to be very careful around them. She has one she keeps as a pet and it is very friendly, as long as it does not think she is in danger.

When did you become an authoritarian jillian! That is asinine. They are not at fault for the faulty information, they are at fault for the asinine way they handled the situation. There is RARELY ever a reason for a no knock warrant. There are many things they could have done to avoid the situation entirely not the least of which could have been simply waiting till he left his house in the first place. What gives the police the right to treat you as a criminal before your day in court?

Sooner or later REAL Americans ( not Jillian) are going to wake up and start taking these assholes out in large numbers, real large numbers. I hope it begins before the guns for food program does.
But it wont. You already lost. Wait until you see what summer has waiting for you.

My brother recently escaped to Ecuador. The rest of my family is still grazing waiting for things to " come around". The only thing that'll be coming around there is the fourth Reich.
SAD SAD feeling.
I think I'll take my AUG out for a test drive today. Been a while.

These pig motherfuckers have absolutely ZERO respect for civil liberties, the justice system as a whole as well..

I know most people don't give a fuck because they've never been affected by these tyrannical lunatics known as the police, however its only a matter of time before they get raped by the police for some petty nonsense.

These tyrannical bitches will tase a person for acknowledging civil liberties...

Who the fuck died and left civil liberties up to the tyrant police???

I know not all cops lie, but most of them lie. They make shit up just so they can do this kind of thing.

Forum List

Back