Police beating (video)

okay i watched this...the police kick the hell out of the kid.....i have heard this explained....the police in the chase work up a lot of adralin and when the chase stops they explode....

aside from that...i will say this...if that was a white kid no one would care..i note the mother is all about the police beating....what about the stealing ass kid...i mean can you commit crime and then just toss your hands up and expect everyone to be calling you sir? i think not. the kid and family will now sue and the police will lose their jobs....why should the stealing kid profit from this?? why should sorry parenting make a profit?

and look at all them big men in their suits and fancy names with the x behind it.....why are they even talking? al sharptons wanna bes? what? o the poor improvished kid....my ass...this is black history month ...not carter to Negroes month

• Banned
I like how the black leaders are calling for a riot.

okay i watched this...the police kick the hell out of the kid.....i have heard this explained....the police in the chase work up a lot of adralin and when the chase stops they explode....

aside from that...i will say this...if that was a white kid no one would care..i note the mother is all about the police beating....what about the stealing ass kid...i mean can you commit crime and then just toss your hands up and expect everyone to be calling you sir? i think not. the kid and family will now sue and the police will lose their jobs....why should the stealing kid profit from this?? why should sorry parenting make a profit?

and look at all them big men in their suits and fancy names with the x behind it.....why are they even talking? al sharptons wanna bes? what? o the poor improvished kid....my ass...this is black history month ...not carter to ******* month

busey_clapping.gif

Last edited:

and look at all them big men in their suits and fancy names with the x behind it.....why are they even talking? al sharptons wanna bes? what? o the poor improvished kid....my ass...this is black history month ...not carter to Negroes month

Police are given power and authority over people because they are supposed to be able to control themselves and not explode. If they are the type that explodes then they should be held accountable and should be looking for employment else where. Just because they are the police doesnt mean they can disregard things like the law and ethics.

Bigots hate seeing a well dressed black man.

We cannot condone the police beating the hell out of someone, even if the person is a criminal. Police officers are trained and should be able to control themselves. They should be held to a higher standard than an average citizen because of the authority they possess. I doubt any ordinary citizen's violent actions could be excuse as an adrenaline rush. For example, someone steals my wallet, I chase the guy down, get him on the ground and beat the hell out of him. I doubt the police would excuse my actions.

That said, if you are sick of people trying to profit from or use such actions for political reasons, I am with you on that. The officers should lose their jobs and go on trial. The kid should get his medical bills paid, receive an apology, and move on with his life. If there is any residual permanent physical damage, then perhaps a small indemnity could be paid.

No riots, no riots, no traveling political types making news conferences, no attorneys filing giant lawsuits.........

We cannot condone the police beating the hell out of someone, even if the person is a criminal. Police officers are trained and should be able to control themselves. They should be held to a higher standard than an average citizen because of the authority they possess. I doubt any ordinary citizen's violent actions could be excuse as an adrenaline rush. For example, someone steals my wallet, I chase the guy down, get him on the ground and beat the hell out of him. I doubt the police would excuse my actions.

That said, if you are sick of people trying to profit from or use such actions for political reasons, I am with you on that. The officers should lose their jobs and go on trial. The kid should get his medical bills paid, receive an apology, and move on with his life. If there is any residual permanent physical damage, then perhaps a small indemnity could be paid.

No riots, no riots, no traveling political types making news conferences, no attorneys filing giant lawsuits.........

When acts of police brutality are actually responded to by firing the officers and putting them on trial, then there won't be anyone profitting from such actions.

In reality, acts of police brutality result lin the police protecting the criminals with badges.

Bigots hate seeing a well dressed black man.

"When the people in the hood see it, they're going to be angry also"

His suit is the equivalent of lipstick on a pig.

Clearly Assault. He was intentionally run over by the Police car Too. He was surrounded, no where to go, Game Over? No, lets kick and punch him into unconsciousness? There is no excuse for what happened here. These men should have all been charged with Assault. Not one of them should be wearing a badge today.

Actually, police procedure allows the police to hit a perp with their car if the perp is running away. Short of shooting someone (because of the dangers of collaterral damage) the police are allowed a great deal of leeway (and force) in dealing with an uncooperative suspect.

But beating them when they're down is clearly a no-no. They should all be fired.

Clearly Assault. He was intentionally run over by the Police car Too. He was surrounded, no where to go, Game Over? No, lets kick and punch him into unconsciousness? There is no excuse for what happened here. These men should have all been charged with Assault. Not one of them should be wearing a badge today.

Actually, police procedure allows the police to hit a perp with their car if the perp is running away. Short of shooting someone (because of the dangers of collaterral damage) the police are allowed a great deal of leeway (and force) in dealing with an uncooperative suspect.

But beating them when they're down is clearly a no-no. They should all be fired.

If you watch the video you will see that the Perpetrator was along side a very high chain link fence with Police Officers coming at him from all sides, he was cornered, surrounded, with no where to go. It was unnecessary abuse.

If you watch the video you will see that the Perpetrator was along side a very high chain link fence with Police Officers coming at him from all sides, he was cornered, surrounded, with no where to go. It was unnecessary abuse.

I half agree. It was definitely unnecessary, and for the reasons you state. However, as far as the law goes, it isn't abuse. As I stated before, the law allows the police to use a great deal of force, including deadly force, when pursuing a suspect. Police can, under the right conditions, shoot a fleeing suspect.

So under the law, as I understand it, it is not abusive to do that. However, there is a difference between law and morality. If you wish to judge their actions immoral, go right ahead. I'm possibly the harshest critic of the police on USMB, but I'm not looking for moral behavior from the police. I just want them to obey the law.

I half agree. It was definitely unnecessary, and for the reasons you state. However, as far as the law goes, it isn't abuse. As I stated before, the law allows the police to use a great deal of force, including deadly force, when pursuing a suspect. Police can, under the right conditions, shoot a fleeing suspect.

So under the law, as I understand it, it is not abusive to do that. However, there is a difference between law and morality. If you wish to judge their actions immoral, go right ahead. I'm possibly the harshest critic of the police on USMB, but I'm not looking for moral behavior from the police. I just want them to obey the law.

These are matters for the Court to decide, not you or I. Another perspective to consider here from the video, is that a Commander or Supervisor, or Mayor, has every right to determine what is acceptable behavior of his Personnel. The Video speaks for itself.

These are matters for the Court to decide, not you or I. Another perspective to consider here from the video, is that a Commander or Supervisor, or Mayor, has every right to determine what is acceptable behavior of his Personnel. The Video speaks for itself.

Undoubtebly, the courts will rule on this, and they won't be asking either or us for advice. However, the Commanders, Supervisors, Mayor, etc most certainly do not have the right to determine what acceptable behavior is for a police officer. LEO's are (supposed to be) professioals who are subject to rules and laws, not the arbitrary decisions of mayors, supervisors, etc. However, those people could make work difficult for those brutal police officers if they chose to do so (which I strongly doubt. Those people usually protect the criminals with badges)

Undoubtebly, the courts will rule on this, and they won't be asking either or us for advice. However, the Commanders, Supervisors, Mayor, etc most certainly do not have the right to determine what acceptable behavior is for a police officer. LEO's are (supposed to be) professioals who are subject to rules and laws, not the arbitrary decisions of mayors, supervisors, etc. However, those people could make work difficult for those brutal police officers if they chose to do so (which I strongly doubt. Those people usually protect the criminals with badges)

Disagree. There are actions that will put you on the street faster than you have yet to experience. You just haven't crossed that bridge yet. Let's just agree to disagree for now. We agree that the Police Actions in this case went far beyond sanctioned authority.

Disagree. There are actions that will put you on the street faster than you have yet to experience. You just haven't crossed that bridge yet. Let's just agree to disagree for now. We agree that the Police Actions in this case went far beyond sanctioned authority.

I'm not sure what that has to do with what we're talking about. Sure, if a cop walks up to his supervisor and punches him in the face, the cop will be on the street in no time. But what does that have to do with this?

And to be clear, I do not approve of the police hitting the kid with their car. However, it is legal for them to do so, as I understand it. IMO, this (whether it's OK to hit a pursuing suspect with a car) is something that should be decided through the political process. If the people feel this is too brutal, they can change the laws that govern police procedure. My problem is with cops who decide which laws they will follow, and which they will ignore.

I guess my view is one you would have difficulty understanding. I have no problems with someone if they follow the rules (PROVIDING THE RULES ARE SPELLED OUT CLEARLY). If they had never been informed of the rules, that's one thing, but these cops deliberately and intentionally ignored the rules.

Forum List

Back