Polar Ice

code1211

Apr 8, 2009
After reading the posts from Chris, and Rocks on the disappearing Arctic Ice and how the ice in the Universe would be all gone completely and entirely by 2013, I saw a news piece that said that Nome Alaska was in danger of running out of critically needed supplies due to the thickness of the ice and that no boats were able to make it through.

I checked the only site that seems to be impartial and sticks pretty much to the facts and what do you think I found?

The Arctic Sea extent is within the range of deviation and the Antarctic is at the top end of the deviation range. One can only guess how thick the ice near Nome, on the Northwest Alaskan Coast, must be to thwart their efforts to get through to Nome.

Good thing there's no pipeline going to Nome. Wouldn't want the Polar Bears to suffer.

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis
Ships taking fuel to Nome making 5 mph in thick ice: Northwest Alaska | Alaska news at adn.com

After reading the posts from Chris, and Rocks on the disappearing Arctic Ice and how the ice in the Universe would be all gone completely and entirely by 2013, I saw a news piece that said that Nome Alaska was in danger of running out of critically needed supplies due to the thickness of the ice and that no boats were able to make it through.

I checked the only site that seems to be impartial and sticks pretty much to the facts and what do you think I found?

The Arctic Sea extent is within the range of deviation and the Antarctic is at the top end of the deviation range. One can only guess how thick the ice near Nome, on the Northwest Alaskan Coast, must be to thwart their efforts to get through to Nome.

Good thing there's no pipeline going to Nome. Wouldn't want the Polar Bears to suffer.

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis
Ships taking fuel to Nome making 5 mph in thick ice: Northwest Alaska | Alaska news at adn.com

The Arctic Ice is still below the two deviation range.

http://nsidc.org/data/seaice_index/images/daily_images/N_stddev_timeseries.png

Forum List

Back