Polar bear expert and scientist Susan Crockford ....FIRED ...

how could we not be changing the climate?

explain how we are? That's been the question and turds can't seem to evolve to actual evidence. too funny. post observed empirical evidence.

Albedo ... a field of growing things reflects energy back out into space ... whereas a dark brown plowed field reflects much less energy ... use a soil thermometer to check ... if you scan around on Google Earth you'll see just how much of the Earth's land surface is subject to plowing ...

Trees transpirate ... if we cut down the trees there's less water in the atmosphere to condense downstream ... see The Sahel ...

explain how we are? That's been the question and turds can't seem to evolve to actual evidence. too funny. post observed empirical evidence.

Albedo ... a field of growing things reflects energy back out into space ... whereas a dark brown plowed field reflects much less energy ... use a soil thermometer to check ... if you scan around on Google Earth you'll see just how much of the Earth's land surface is subject to plowing ...

Trees transpirate ... if we cut down the trees there's less water in the atmosphere to condense downstream ... see The Sahel ...
that's all natural. we are allowed, just like wild animals move brush to make a lair.

We breath so we contribute CO2, we make things we contribute. all is very true, now what you need to prove is that we cause climate to change because of the things we do. and so for all is unobserved and unmeasured.

BTW, we plant trees that we cut down, so technically we replace what we use. we're good stewards in that regard. Forest Fires have always occurred due to lightning, nature. so when a human does cause a fire, it isn't any different than mother nature.

The reason we have more flooding is due to asphalt and concrete roads, walks, trails that we've added to our suburbs and cities. we have raised run off percentages by 35% over the last decade. But that isn't because of CO2. not at all. Rain has always happened and too floods. We just see more due to the increased run off %.

So you didn't answer the question with observed measured empirical evidence yet that man causes climate to change. I'd ask for you to say where it has changed to even make such a statement of faked shit?

Ah ... so you don't want to look at albedo so you can say you don't see the difference ...

Even better now you want to focus on carbon dioxide ... that's a 2ºC rise in 100 years ... no, you won't see that in your lifetime ... a typical cheap-o Walmart thermometer won't read that small a difference and roughly 50 years before the typical NOAA approved thermometers will show that small a rise ... pressure, humidity, wind speed and direction, rainfall rates and timing ... none of that changes near as I can figure ...

Here's a test ... drive south for a couple of hours and look around ... does the climate look any different to you? ... because that's the future ... I have no idea why Peoria's climate is catastrophic for Chicago ... but I don't drive snowplow ...

Garbage article, written by idiots for idiots, which quotes a desperate, unemployed liar.

Speaking of unemployed liars...how are you doing these days?

Do provide some reference to these "known facts"

Never mind...we all know that no such reference will ever be forthcoming from you...either because you have no idea of where to look, or because you are to embarrassed to show people what passes for evidence in that little brain of yours.

Garbage article, written by idiots for idiots, which quotes a desperate, unemployed liar.

Speaking of unemployed liars...how are you doing these days?

Do provide some reference to these "known facts"

Never mind...we all know that no such reference will ever be forthcoming from you...either because you have no idea of where to look, or because you are to embarrassed to show people what passes for evidence in that little brain of yours.
It’s a religion. The adherents of the Church of Later Day AGW, just believe. No scientific proof is required.

Those who don’t believe are heretics and witches. Burn them at the stake.

Yup the AGW "science is settled " cult strikes again if you dont be a good sheep and sign a piece of paper, no dolla's for you.

AP_17320319755740_c0-87-2024-1267_s885x516.jpg

5'

A polar bear walks over sea ice floating in the Victoria Strait in the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. (AP Photo/David Goldman, file) more >
University dumps professor who found polar bears thriving despite climate change
By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Sunday, October 20, 2019
Nobody has done more to sink the claim that climate change is endangering polar bears than zoologist Susan Crockford — and she may have paid for it with her job.

After 15 years as an adjunct assistant professor, Ms. Crockford said the University of Victoria rejected without explanation in May her renewal application, despite her high profile as a speaker and author stemming from her widely cited research on polar bears and dog domestication.

Ms. Crockford accused officials at the Canadian university of bowing to “outside pressure,” the result of her research showing that polar bear populations are stable and even thriving, not plummeting as a result of shrinking Arctic sea ice, defying claims of the climate change movement.

Her dismissal, which she announced Wednesday in a post on her Polar Bear Science blog, has spurred alarm over the implications for academic freedom and the rise of the “cancel culture” for professors and scientists who challenge climate catastrophe predictions.

“When push came to shove, UVic threw me under the bus rather than stand up for my academic freedom,” said Ms. Crockford, who earned a Ph.D. in interdisciplinary studies, specifically biology and anthropology, in 2004.

Ms. Crockford cited numerous instances of the university promoting her interviews and work, including her participation in a 2007 PBS “Nature” documentary about dog domestication and evolution, as well as her appearances at K-12 schools and adult groups for 10 years through the University of Victoria Speakers Bureau.

That supportive climate changed two years ago. In May 2017, her lectures were shut down after the speakers bureau received a complaint about her “lack of balance,” which “I believe poisoned support I might have expected from colleagues in the department,” she said.

Susan Crockford fired after finding polar bears thriving despite climate change - Washington Times

In reality, she is a denier top to bottom, having publicly denied known facts of climate science in areas in which she has no education or experience. Her public speeches have been widely mocked by people who actuallt know what they are talking about, as she has a penchant for regurgitating talking points outside of her field, and which were crafted by denier goons.

She is not the only polar bear researcher, nor is the scientific community terrified by any measurements of polar bear population.

Hope that helps!
Nope it doesn't help and it doesn't change the fact that Polar bears are doing better than ever. Not even a nice try but surely an expected one.

Jo

Yup the AGW "science is settled " cult strikes again if you dont be a good sheep and sign a piece of paper, no dolla's for you.

5'

A polar bear walks over sea ice floating in the Victoria Strait in the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. (AP Photo/David Goldman, file) more >
University dumps professor who found polar bears thriving despite climate change
Nobody has done more to sink the claim that climate change is endangering polar bears than zoologist Susan Crockford — and she may have paid for it with her job.

After 15 years as an adjunct assistant professor, Ms. Crockford said the University of Victoria rejected without explanation in May her renewal application, despite her high profile as a speaker and author stemming from her widely cited research on polar bears and dog domestication.

Ms. Crockford accused officials at the Canadian university of bowing to “outside pressure,” the result of her research showing that polar bear populations are stable and even thriving, not plummeting as a result of shrinking Arctic sea ice, defying claims of the climate change movement.

Her dismissal, which she announced Wednesday in a post on her Polar Bear Science blog, has spurred alarm over the implications for academic freedom and the rise of the “cancel culture” for professors and scientists who challenge climate catastrophe predictions.

“When push came to shove, UVic threw me under the bus rather than stand up for my academic freedom,” said Ms. Crockford, who earned a Ph.D. in interdisciplinary studies, specifically biology and anthropology, in 2004.

Ms. Crockford cited numerous instances of the university promoting her interviews and work, including her participation in a 2007 PBS “Nature” documentary about dog domestication and evolution, as well as her appearances at K-12 schools and adult groups for 10 years through the University of Victoria Speakers Bureau.

That supportive climate changed two years ago. In May 2017, her lectures were shut down after the speakers bureau received a complaint about her “lack of balance,” which “I believe poisoned support I might have expected from colleagues in the department,” she said.

Susan Crockford fired after finding polar bears thriving despite climate change - Washington Times

In reality, she is a denier top to bottom, having publicly denied known facts of climate science in areas in which she has no education or experience. Her public speeches have been widely mocked by people who actuallt know what they are talking about, as she has a penchant for regurgitating talking points outside of her field, and which were crafted by denier goons.

She is not the only polar bear researcher, nor is the scientific community terrified by any measurements of polar bear population.

Hope that helps!
explain how you would know his business with the University?

5'

Hope that helps!
explain how you would know his business with the Universit

5'

98 to 99% of every species that has ever lived is extinct. Should it become time for the polar bears to join them this would not be anything highly unusual in the natural order of things.

More trashing scientist huh, if it goes against your cult...
Actually, any idiot with no training or experience in climate science who claims to have outsmarted climate scientists is a discredited fool and shoild be trashed. Even nobodies like you.

:laugh:

you mean the climate science taught in trade schools and community colleges as part of the Environmental Science certificate program? ... surprising easy to discredit with a little more than advanced physics
Do you mean the advanced physics that have led to overwhelming global consensus in the scientific community on climate change? So you defer to these physics, or do you not?

Nope it doesn't help and it doesn't change the fact that Polar bears are doing better than ever. Not even a nice try but surely an expected one.
Then you are gullible and willing to believe anything any fringe nutball says, when it aligns with your political fetishes.

5'

Hope that helps!

Translation: I have no counterpoint to offer which is why I will attack the person and make lies about her qualifications.

You write:

Zero evidence, Strike One!

The Fallacies pour like rain, Strike Two!

That is correct that she is a Polar Bear researcher, actually that is false as they do make claims that a reduced sea ice cover is bad for the Polar Bears. Ball three two strikes

Hope that helps!

Nope, STRIKE THREE you are OUT!

=======

You didn't post a single piece of evidence/fact in your dishonest and stupid post.

:cuckoo:

Dr. Crockford has a PHD ZOOLOGY degree, with over 25 published papers.

Wikipedia:

Zoology (/zoʊˈɒlədʒi/)[note 1] is the branch of biology that studies the animal kingdom, including the structure, embryology, evolution, classification, habits, and distribution of all animals, both living and extinct, and how they interact with their ecosystems. The term is derived from Ancient Greek ζῷον, zōion ('animal'), and λόγος, logos ('knowledge', 'study').[1]

Stop being stupid over her.

5'

Hope that helps!

Translation: I have no counterpoint to offer which is why I will attack the person and make lies about her qualifications.

You write:

That is correct that she is a Polar Bear researcher, actually that is false as they do make claims that a reduced sea ice cover is bad for the Polar Bears. Ball three two strikes

Hope that helps!

=======

You didn't post a single piece of evidence/fact in your dishonest and stupid post.

Wikipedia:

Zoology (/zoʊˈɒlədʒi/)[note 1] is the branch of biology that studies the animal kingdom, including the structure, embryology, evolution, classification, habits, and distribution of all animals, both living and extinct, and how they interact with their ecosystems. The term is derived from Ancient Greek ζῷον, zōion ('animal'), and λόγος, logos ('knowledge', 'study').[1]

No lies. She is not credible and has no relevant education or research experience to speak outside of her field. Just like you. That is why you and she are sitting on your asses whining on the internet, while actual scientists ignore you do-nothings and continue to learn about the climate.

5'

Hope that helps!

You write:

Hope that helps!

=======

Wikipedia:

No lies. She is not credible and has no relevant education or research experience to speak outside of her field. Just like you. That is why you and she are sitting on your asses whining on the internet, while actual scientists ignore you do-nothings and continue to learn about the climate.

Thank you for admitting you have no evidence to offer in your replies, thus you are still in your driveway.

:abgg2q.jpg:

you mean the climate science taught in trade schools and community colleges as part of the Environmental Science certificate program? ... surprising easy to discredit with a little more than advanced physics
Do you mean the advanced physics that have led to overwhelming global consensus in the scientific community on climate change? So you defer to these physics, or do you not?
What advanced physics?

What advanced physics?

That would be thermodynamics ... something most Alarmists here can only ape the spew they hear on commercial media ... after all: if it's published in the National Enquirer, then it's got to be true ... sound logic for an Alarmist and the typical gorilla ...

Pray tell ... oh great spokesperson for all the world's scientists ... what is the consensus opinion concerning the numerical relationship between temperature and CO2 concentration? ... this information seems to be completely absent in the scientific literature ... except what the IPCC has been using ... ∆T = 5.35 W/m^2 k ln (CF/CI) [where ∆T=change in temperature, k=climate sensitivity, CF=final concentration, and CI=initial concentration] ...

I’m fairly confident that our forest industry is replanting trees that are cut down. We are a culture that adapts. Don’t need no stinking consensus

Forum List

Back