Poland's miraculous economy: German Newspaper.

Poland´s economy will outpace the German by 2040 according to an EU study.

Studie: Polens Wirtschaft wird Deutschland überholen
If I understand correctly, the Polish economy has already outpaced the German one, because it grows much faster. Maybe the article uses another word.
The German economy is equal to 7x the Polish economy.

If I understand correctly, the Polish economy has already outpaced the German one, because it grows much faster. Maybe the article uses another word.
That is well may be. But the term 'outpace' means excelling in grow, but not in the amount.

That is well may be. But the term 'outpace' means excelling in grow, but not in the amount.
Ok, thanks for the hint. Replace it with pass then.

Good for you guys. Mmmm, high wages? I wonder if that is because of limiting immigration?
Well, that depends on what can be considered as immigration. A great amount (somewhere between one and two millions) of Ukrainian workers work in Poland. Though they are not immigrants, because they are not permitted to live there constantly.

So, what does the German article say? The Polish economy will exceed the German's in the amount?

So, what does the German article say? The Polish economy will exceed the German's in the amount?
Yes, in 2040. It is because we are degenerating to roustabouts and our labor force potential is on the decline as we are the country of geezers.
But it is just a maybe and there could be changes, of course.

Yes, in 2040. It is because we are degenerating to roustabouts and our labor force potential is on the decline as we are the country of geezers.
Frankly, I think the article is too optimistic about Poland. Does Poland have its own technological companies which work around the globe? Actually, Poland now is a country of roustabouts and I can't see how it may change in the future.

About labour force potential. Poland has the same issues as Germany. Low birth rates and ageing population. Now they are able to overcome it by drawing in foreign mainly Ukrainian workers. But this potential isn't limitless because the amount of working class in Ukraine is also shrinking.

Frankly, I think the article is too optimistic about Poland. Does Poland have its own technological companies which work around the globe? Actually, Poland now is a country of roustabouts and I can't see how it may change in the future.

About labour force potential. Poland has the same issues as Germany. Low birth rates and ageing population. Now they are able to overcome it by drawing in foreign mainly Ukrainian workers. But this potential isn't limitless because the amount of working class in Ukraine is also shrinking.
I agree. But the article refers to a study ordered by the EU. So there is some more weight behind it. But actually, Poland is belly up, they can´t implement a stimulus or anything. And the article is almost ten years old.

On the other hand, the German labor force potential will shrink significantly:
epp2hkj4.jpg

I agree. But the article refers to a study ordered by the EU. So there is some more weight behind it. But actually, Poland is belly up, they can´t implement a stimulus or anything. And the article is almost ten years old.

epp2hkj4.jpg
Yes, shrinking labour force is one of the main issues. And frankly speaking, importing scores of immigrants from the Middle East seems somewhat fit to resolve this issue in the future. But who knows how this will work out?

epp2hkj4.jpg
Yes, shrinking labour force is one of the main issues. And frankly speaking, importing scores of immigrants from the Middle East seems somewhat fit to resolve this issue in the future. But who knows how this will work out?
They can´t get them to work. The right policy is a family friendly one, not unselektive mass migration.

epp2hkj4.jpg
They can´t get them to work. The right policy is a family friendly one, not unselektive mass migration.
What do you mean family friendly? The state should support marriages and having children?

epp2hkj4.jpg
What do you mean family friendly? The state should support marriages and having children?
Even more. The companies should be obliged to create a family friendly environment, too. A couple needs 2,1 children, so the third should be rewarded with tax cuts, for example.

It's a miracle that Poland hasn't surrendered recently.

epp2hkj4.jpg
Even more. The companies should be obliged to create a family friendly environment, too. A couple needs 2,1 children, so the third should be rewarded with tax cuts, for example.
So, you propose economic benefits. Of course, they can have some positive impact. But. Have you ever noticed that all so called developed countries have birth rates below 2.1? That the number of White Americans is steady declining despite them being the most prosperous part of society?

New Topics

Forum List

Back