Poisonous African Rats

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Interesting product of evolution...

Researchers have found that a giant African rat can incapacitate and even kill large predators by utilizing the same plants that African tribesmen use to poison their arrows.

The African crested rat has been known to kill local dogs, but researchers have just figured out how. After eating the "poison-arrow plant," the oversized rodent stores its poison-laced spit in special hollow hairs in its mohawk. Then, when a predator grabs the rat, the animal gets stung with the poison and spit-tipped hairs which can sicken and kill.

Giant African Rat Kills with Poisonous Mohawk - International Business Times

• Banned
I have a feeling that Tank's enthusiasm for the thread title will quickly turn to disappointment when he actually sees the OP.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

I have a feeling that Tank's enthusiasm for the thread title will quickly turn to disappointment when he actually sees the OP.

:lmao:

Anyway, I loathe rats, but they are amazing creatures. This one in particular has a lot of info to offer.

Researchers have found that a giant African rat can incapacitate and even kill large predators by utilizing the same plants that African tribesmen use to poison their arrows.

The African crested rat has been known to kill local dogs, but researchers have just figured out how. After eating the "poison-arrow plant," the oversized rodent stores its poison-laced spit in special hollow hairs in its mohawk. Then, when a predator grabs the rat, the animal gets stung with the poison and spit-tipped hairs which can sicken and kill.

Or perhaps interesting product of scientific experiment.

• Banned

Or perhaps interesting product of scientific experiment.

I doubt it.

Somehow he'll post a youtube vid on here with his racist agenda, that has nothing to do with the OP.

But cool find, that's some wacky rat pack!

Maybe "African Rats Kill" might have hooked Tank?

But, you may actually attract some creationists, too. You used that divisive word, 'evolution'. ;)

Forum List

Back