Poison Takes Toll On Africa's Lions

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
If a chemical is banned here it should not be allowed to be sent to another country.

Jun 03, 2009 (Voice of America News/ContentWorks via COMTEX) In Kenya, parliament is being asked to ban a pesticide that's been blamed for the deaths of hundreds of animals, including many lions. Kenyan MP John Matutho is introducing legislation to prohibit the use of Furadan " a cheap but lethal chemical originally manufactured by the US based FMC Corporation.

(CBS) We all grew up learning that the lion is the king of the jungle. And now that we're not little any more, we know just how vulnerable they are. In fact, when exposed to man's devices, lions are extremely fragile.

The latest weapon being used against them is poison. African herders whose livestock and livelihood are threatened by lions are killing them in the most effective and economical way they can.

And overwhelmingly, that is by using a cheap American chemical called Furadan. It is marketed as a pesticide, to be used for protecting crops. But it's bought by many to kill animals. And that’s one reason why, conservationists say, Africa's lions are in trouble
video http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/26/60minutes/main4894945.shtml

Last edited:
If a chemical is banned here it should not be allowed to be sent to another country.

Jun 03, 2009 (Voice of America News/ContentWorks via COMTEX) In Kenya, parliament is being asked to ban a pesticide that's been blamed for the deaths of hundreds of animals, including many lions. Kenyan MP John Matutho is introducing legislation to prohibit the use of Furadan " a cheap but lethal chemical originally manufactured by the US based FMC Corporation.

(CBS) We all grew up learning that the lion is the king of the jungle. And now that we're not little any more, we know just how vulnerable they are. In fact, when exposed to man's devices, lions are extremely fragile.

The latest weapon being used against them is poison. African herders whose livestock and livelihood are threatened by lions are killing them in the most effective and economical way they can.

And overwhelmingly, that is by using a cheap American chemical called Furadan. It is marketed as a pesticide, to be used for protecting crops. But it's bought by many to kill animals. And that’s one reason why, conservationists say, Africa's lions are in trouble

king of the jungle, hehe. you all grew up learning this?

i hope not.

but I answer because i concur with your statement

but how would you stop corporations from making a profit?

Should we let companies run rampant just killing off what ever they want in order to make a profit? Do those companies have the right to destroy the world in order to fill their own pocket books? Truly let's have some common sense here because some corporates surely do not!

Who says we cannot regulate using some common sense?

It is damn obvious we need to regulate banks and other corporate shenanigans.

Did it ever occur to you that this mess with the banks was due to the regulations? Believe me, they are regulated, a LOT.

Did it ever occur to you that this mess with the banks was due to the regulations? Believe me, they are regulated, a LOT.
Believe me I now what most of these big banks represent and I can assure you it is not a good thing. One of these days I'll put the erroneous documents and the bankers testimony online. When a bank can blow off $680,000.00 dollars and make the US government pay for 85% of it by extorting people we have a real problem... Not that many banker apologist would fully understand that though. When banks can steal through altered and forged documents KK we all pay that price, not just the few of us that went through that experience and denied them that opportunity without putting up the best fight we could.

Believe me I now what most of these big banks represent and I can assure you it is not a good thing. One of these days I'll put the erroneous documents and the bankers testimony online. When a bank can blow off $680,000.00 dollars and make the US government pay for 85% of it by extorting people we have a real problem... Not that many banker apologist would fully understand that though. When banks can steal through altered and forged documents KK we all pay that price, not just the few of us that went through that experience and denied them that opportunity without putting up the best fight we could.

The flaw is thinking that they are not regulated, they are heavily regulated and by utilizing the regulations they have been able to do this, so through cause and effect, regulation has done nothing but make it easier for corporations and banks to do more harm.

KK, I am not going to debate that issue with you in this thread. Simply put, you have been eluded into believing a lie.

Poison?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rKHeN69r_M&feature=PlayList&p=D5A07DAB569CC217&index=0&playnext=1]YouTube - Poison - Talk Dirty To Me (2001 Digital Remaster)[/ame]

Forum List

Back