Points For Americans To Consider

That was enlightening. Not.

Oh, you need enlightening...

Matthew Alexander

I learned in Iraq that the No. 1 reason foreign fighters flocked there to fight were the abuses carried out at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Our policy of torture was directly and swiftly recruiting fighters for al-Qaeda in Iraq. The large majority of suicide bombings in Iraq are still carried out by these foreigners. They are also involved in most of the attacks on U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq. It's no exaggeration to say that at least half of our losses and casualties in that country have come at the hands of foreigners who joined the fray because of our program of detainee abuse. The number of U.S. soldiers who have died because of our torture policy will never be definitively known, but it is fair to say that it is close to the number of lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001. How anyone can say that torture keeps Americans safe is beyond me -- unless you don't count American soldiers as Americans.

Matthew Alexander led an interrogations team assigned to a Special Operations task force in Iraq in 2006.

I'm Still Tortured by What I Saw in Iraq - washingtonpost.com

If that's true then the liberal media is to blame. How on Earth any seemingly sane person could ever construe making someone wear underwear on their head as torture I will never understand.

That depends on whether you place the skid marks to the back or the front.

Your incompetant retard, Bushie baby, allowed the murder of 3000 Americans on American soil. And allowed the master mind of that policy to remain alive and free even to this day.

He then invaded a nation on the basis of lies, and cost another 4500 American lives in the travesty of occupation of Iraq.

In the meantime, he managed to ignore all the warning signals, until the economy was going straight down the tube at the end of his last term.

President Obama inherited all the fuckups that the Bush administration had created.

While there were terrorist camps in Yemen during the Bush admin, nothing at all was done about them. Under President Obama, they are now under continual attack. There was plenty of Al Qaeda presence in Africa during Bush's terms, but only under President Obama have we sent in Marines and killed the head of the African branch of the Al Qaeda in Somalia.

Under Bush we had a foreign policy that few foriegn nations wished to cooperate with. Under President Obama, we are seeing cooperation that allows us to go after the Al Qaeda wherever they are at.

That was enlightening. Not.

Oh, you need enlightening...

Matthew Alexander

I learned in Iraq that the No. 1 reason foreign fighters flocked there to fight were the abuses carried out at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Our policy of torture was directly and swiftly recruiting fighters for al-Qaeda in Iraq. The large majority of suicide bombings in Iraq are still carried out by these foreigners. They are also involved in most of the attacks on U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq. It's no exaggeration to say that at least half of our losses and casualties in that country have come at the hands of foreigners who joined the fray because of our program of detainee abuse. The number of U.S. soldiers who have died because of our torture policy will never be definitively known, but it is fair to say that it is close to the number of lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001. How anyone can say that torture keeps Americans safe is beyond me -- unless you don't count American soldiers as Americans.

Matthew Alexander led an interrogations team assigned to a Special Operations task force in Iraq in 2006.

I'm Still Tortured by What I Saw in Iraq - washingtonpost.com

If that's true then the liberal media is to blame. How on Earth any seemingly sane person could ever construe making someone wear underwear on their head as torture I will never understand.

How you can ignore what really happened at Abu Gharib and other places in the Bush admin. simply states all that needs to be said about your lack of character.

American servicemen tortured people to death with full approval of the admin.

Never before in our history have we had an administration that publically defended torture.

Were someone to do to me what was done to many of the prisoners at Abu Gharib, if I were ever to get free, they, and their comrades, would be dead meat. And that is exactly how the people we tortured at Abu Gharib feel to this day.

Annals of National Security: Torture at Abu Ghraib : The New Yorker

Breaking chemical lights and pouring the phosphoric liquid on detainees; pouring cold water on naked detainees; beating detainees with a broom handle and a chair; threatening male detainees with rape; allowing a military police guard to stitch the wound of a detainee who was injured after being slammed against the wall in his cell; sodomizing a detainee with a chemical light and perhaps a broom stick, and using military working dogs to frighten and intimidate detainees with threats of attack, and in one instance actually biting a detainee.

There was stunning evidence to support the allegations, Taguba added—“detailed witness statements and the discovery of extremely graphic photographic evidence.” Photographs and videos taken by the soldiers as the abuses were happening were not included in his report, Taguba said, because of their “extremely sensitive nature.”

Read more: Annals of National Security: Torture at Abu Ghraib : The New Yorker

It amazes me that someone could read this right wing diatribe and hold it up as an example...."This is what America should do"

Don't you realize that America was ridiculed and demonized for the Bush foreign policy? And you post crap that says we should go back?

Code 1211;
Iranian students rally for freedom and get killed in the streets and The Big 0 offers condolences for the death of an Iranian religious zealot against whom the students were rallying who was previously wishing death to America

My, my, Code, out of imaginative spinning and into outright wingnut lies now? The cleric was a supporter of the reform movement!

Cleric's funeral breathes life into Iran's protest movement - Middle East, World - The Independent

The funeral of Grand Ayatollah Hossein Ali Montazeri, the eminent cleric and champion of reform, turned into a mass protest in Iran yesterday as the vast crowd chanted slogans against the government and clashed on the streets with security forces.

The mourners, who reportedly numbered up to a million, had come out to observe a "national day of sorrow". They were on the streets of Qom at the urging of defeated presidential candidates Mirhossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi, who lost to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in highly contentious elections earlier this year. Despite the authorities' efforts to limit attendance, reformist website Jaras reported mourners beating their chests and shouting: "Innocent Montazeri, your path will be continued even if the dictator should rain bullets on our heads." Reuters reported that tear gas had been released and shots fired near the city's main shrine.

I stand corrected.

Care to comment on the Police Brutality and the Honduran Strong Man?

Like Barry's sucking-up to the islamic terrorists is working. They just think Obama is a big chump, and US voters are stupid for putting him in charge of national security.

Like Barry's sucking-up to the islamic terrorists is working. They just think Obama is a big chump, and US voters are stupid for putting him in charge of national security.

All true Americans should stand up and support our President during our war of terror.

Obama is the best thing that ever happened to our country.

To be against Obama is unpatriotic to say the least.

Imagine if we'd kept sufficient trops in Viet Nam to keep the North at bay when after the Paris peace accords were signed by the representatives of the North Yiet Namese Government and we started pulling out our troops the North Abrogated that treated and shortly there after converted South into the economic disaster zone that the North already was. By the way if communism is so freaking wonderful; for tose people why is it that the best damn job in the country is held by those working 12 hour days for nike for about 8 dollars a day... And everyone else has about the same standard of living that they did at the height of the war? Except of course for government power brokers.

What a pile of right wing dog shit...

Hey, maybe Obama needs to emulate Bush & Cheney and act like the terrorist

They're playing Obama for the CHUMP that he is. Wow, change one letter and you get the old Bush nickname. Ever call Bush Chimp??

Calling Bush "Chimp" was an insult to Chimpanzees, Bonobos, and every other Great Ape anywhere.

And his Blue Dress made him look fat, too!
bush_putin.jpg

I wonder if the rectangular box outlined in front is the connection to the remote control battery pack! LOL.... I think his dress has padded shoulders, too, how funny, and how out of style......

Forum List

Back