Point Proven!

as posted already I am talking about people who got accepted into coverage but then get procedures denied for pre-existing conditons, like happened to my gf and a few other people I know who got onto private plans after college
Yeah, and?

Do you put full coverage on a car with a bashed in front end, then expect insurance to pay for the body work?

I only believe that to a certain extent.

If all of the supposedly "crucial" elements are taken out of a bill that is 2,000 pages long, and it is still 2,000 pages long, you have to ask yourself what the hell else is in this bill that is so important, and were those "crucial" elements that are now being dropped really a misdirection play to get the rest of the unknown crap passed.

Easy answer, mandated purchase of healthcare insurance.

While I do agree that everyone should have affordable health care insurance, I have to wonder where in the Constitution it gives power to congress to force Americans to buy something. Seriously, WTF?

No place and even the CBO has made that pretty clear as far back as 1992 when the idea was first floated.

Let me see if I understand this, the President said that if we do nothing our premiums will go up, however if we pass the bill our premiums will go up according to the CBO. Tell me again how this is reform again? All I hear now is a lot this might do this, and this might do that, and this might trigger that. It would go a long way in my mind for this President and this congress to earn my support if they had the courage to admit this bill is a complete bust and went back work to get broad support for healthcare reform, not a big W for the President.

the only good part is the no more pre-existing conditions bullshit. its by far one of the most immoral and unethical things being pushed by major companies today.
How is it immoral and/or unethical to exclude people who are inordinate risks from a risk pool?

I guess you wouldn't know that since you are obviously immoral and unethical yourself..

Please explain how it is moral to let someone die because of a pre-existing condition?? Let's start there..

Let me see if I understand this, the President said that if we do nothing our premiums will go up, however if we pass the bill our premiums will go up according to the CBO. Tell me again how this is reform again? All I hear now is a lot this might do this, and this might do that, and this might trigger that. It would go a long way in my mind for this President and this congress to earn my support if they had the courage to admit this bill is a complete bust and went back work to get broad support for healthcare reform, not a big W for the President.

The only reform that I can see is the one that gives the Govt control of 1/6th of our economy. YOu know, the Govt that never runs anything cheaply or well. Oh Yeah. This really works for me. NOT.

Start over and work on the problems not revamp the whole thing. The Clowns are clueless. No common sense whatsoever. Schmucks

Last edited:
blu that could have been accomplished in a one page bill and most likely gotten broad bi-partisan support as well and need not have had all the other 1900 plus pages of spending and mandates associated with it.

agreed. its all I really wanted out any of reform. We pay $600 a month for myself, gf, and her son to get insurance (self employeed) and would be willing to pay even more if the stupid pre-existing crap would go away. it makes it insane trying to switch companies or worrying about when to schedule an appt in the future to make sure you fly by the pre-existing condition departments radar. They also use it as an excuse to deny whatever they dont feel like paying for and their is nothing youc an do about it. unlike in a fair free market you cant just drop that insurance and get another b/c they all have oppressive pre-existing condition stipulations.
I'm still waiting for someone...anyone...to give a cogent answer as to why anyone has any right to a third party payer risk pool, when they're an inordinately high risk.

No one has a 'right' to health insurance, and those who can't afford health insurance ought to curl up and die. Why should a human life have any bearing on the bottom line - isn't profit what the health care/ drug industry is all about?
And why should any of us stand up for those who can't or won't help themselves? Isn't it clear that the human species has evolved into the great and powerful animal it has become because of the survival of the fitest?
Providing health care and free clinics to those unable to care for themselves simply and factually harms the gene pool, I say screw them. And isn't it important to further protect the gene pool by preventing the weak from having children? Someone give me a cogent answer, what right do they have to produce an offspring?

Forum List

Back