Pocahontas outlines black agenda she'd pursue as president in Essence Magazine op-ed

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
can she win the black vote?

Elizabeth Warren On Valuing Black Women

"
On day one of the Warren Administration I will take a set of executive actions to boost wages for women of color and open up new pathways to the leadership positions they deserve. I’ll start by putting tough new rules on companies that contract with the government — who collectively employ a quarter of the American workforce. Companies with a bad track record on equal pay and diversity in management won’t get new contracts — which gives them a big financial incentive to shape up. I will prohibit companies that want to get government contracts from forcing employees to sign away their rights with forced arbitration clauses and non-compete agreements — restrictions that are particularly hurtful to women of color.I will also take executive action to make the senior ranks of the federal government look like America and strengthen enforcement against systemic discrimination. We need to demand that companies and the government properly value the work of Black women — and hold them accountable if they don’t.

These executive actions are just a first step. We need to do much more to make sure that Black and Brown women have a fair shot at opportunity and financial security. That means everything from my housing, child care, and student debt cancellation plans to passing legislation to expand protections for domestic workers and creating stronger enforcement mechanisms that protect the right of all workers – especially the most vulnerable – to call out discrimination when they see it.

It’s time to build an America that recognizes the role that Black women play in their families and in the economy, that fairly values their work, and that delivers equal opportunity for everyone."

"
On day one of the Warren Administration I will take a set of executive actions to boost wages for women of color and open up new pathways to the leadership positions they deserve. I’ll start by putting tough new rules on companies that contract with the government — who collectively employ a quarter of the American workforce. Companies with a bad track record on equal pay and diversity in management won’t get new contracts — which gives them a big financial incentive to shape up. I will prohibit companies that want to get government contracts from forcing employees to sign away their rights with forced arbitration clauses and non-compete agreements — restrictions that are particularly hurtful to women of color.I will also take executive action to make the senior ranks of the federal government look like America and strengthen enforcement against systemic discrimination. We need to demand that companies and the government properly value the work of Black women — and hold them accountable if they don’t.

These executive actions are just a first step. We need to do much more to make sure that Black and Brown women have a fair shot at opportunity and financial security. That means everything from my housing, child care, and student debt cancellation plans to passing legislation to expand protections for domestic workers and creating stronger enforcement mechanisms that protect the right of all workers – especially the most vulnerable – to call out discrimination when they see it.

It’s time to build an America that recognizes the role that Black women play in their families and in the economy, that fairly values their work, and that delivers equal opportunity for everyone."
49914697_10157097153009703_7174362260851130368_n.jpg

"

Nice pandering.

So instead of encouraging black women to create their own companies and compete for gov contracts, she intends to impose fascist dictates into companies that already exist.
Sounds like a democrat. Not very democratic, though.

"

The gist of the Democratic Party platform. Vote Democrat and will take money from others to give you "free" stuff.

Forum List

Back