Pocahontas is not a racial slur says prominent white expert

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Thank God for white experts! :lmao:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J. Trump’s use of the name “Pocahontas” at a White House event honoring Navajo veterans was not a racial slur, a prominent white expert said on Monday.

“If some Native Americans were offended by the use of this term, I’m sorry that they’re so wrong,” the expert said. “As a white person, I think I’m in a better position to know about this stuff.”

She also defended the decision to honor the Navajo veterans near a portrait of Andrew Jackson, who is widely reviled by Native Americans. “Before we held the ceremony, we consulted with a number of other white experts, and we all agreed that Andrew Jackson was great,” she said.

At times, the white expert seemed exasperated at having to explain to Native Americans what was a racial slur and what was not. “Look, I can explain it to them, but it’s real time-consuming, and I have a lot of other stuff to do,” she said.

In closing, the Caucasian said that accusing Trump of intentionally offending the Navajos was absurd. “No one knows more about offending people than Donald Trump,” she said.​

“Pocahontas” Not a Racial Slur, Says Prominent White Expert

021790eef70f86351b771d916eeb8823.jpg

so where is the proof that elizabeth warren does not in fact have native american DNA??

hint: it does not exist. (but don't tell that to the fake news parrots!) :laugh:

the current white house is the biggest fake news outlet going... WOW! they are making America GREAT!

the current white house is the biggest fake news outlet going... WOW! they are making America GREAT!

Sadly it is true

This administration has totally lost the trust of the people. Nobody can believe any statement coming out of the White House
And it started with Day 1 claims about the crowds at the innaguration

the political brow beaters created this non issue then tried to force chief warren to take a DNA test which, good for her, she told them to fuck off... the dumbo parrots have been repeating this dig at her ever since. must be because they have such weak arguments against the merits of her politics. these rabid assholes never let facts get in the way of their dumbo parrot talking points.

Is Warren part Native American?

Warren says, yes, she is, and points to "family stories" passed down to her through generations as evidence.
"I am very proud of my heritage," Warren told NPR in 2012. "These are my family stories. This is what my brothers and I were told by my mom and my dad, my mammaw and my pappaw. This is our lives. And I'm very proud of it."

In that account and others, a genealogist traced Warren's Native American heritage to the late 19th century, which, if true, would make her 1/32 Native American.

Did it play a role in her career?

Harvard Law School in the 1990s touted Warren, then a professor in Cambridge, as being "Native American." They singled her out, Warren later acknowledged, because she had listed herself as a minority in an Association of American Law Schools directory. Critics note that she had not done that in her student applications and during her time as a teacher at the University of Texas.

Warren maintains she never furthered her career by using her heritage to gain advantage.

Here's the deal with Elizabeth Warren's Native American heritage

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J. Trump’s use of the name “Pocahontas” at a White House event honoring Navajo veterans was not a racial slur, a prominent white expert said on Monday.

“If some Native Americans were offended by the use of this term, I’m sorry that they’re so wrong,” the expert said. “As a white person, I think I’m in a better position to know about this stuff.”

She also defended the decision to honor the Navajo veterans near a portrait of Andrew Jackson, who is widely reviled by Native Americans. “Before we held the ceremony, we consulted with a number of other white experts, and we all agreed that Andrew Jackson was great,” she said.

At times, the white expert seemed exasperated at having to explain to Native Americans what was a racial slur and what was not. “Look, I can explain it to them, but it’s real time-consuming, and I have a lot of other stuff to do,” she said.

In closing, the Caucasian said that accusing Trump of intentionally offending the Navajos was absurd. “No one knows more about offending people than Donald Trump,” she said.​

You are aware that a disclaimer on the aticle itself says this is satire.

It is admittely fake news.

Gotcha.

so where is the proof that elizabeth warren does not in fact have native american DNA??

hint: it does not exist. (but don't tell that to the fake news parrots!) :laugh:

Open links in a new window.

Elizabeth Warren’s Ancestry Part 1
Elizabeth Warren’s Ancestry Part 2
Elizabeth Warren’s Ancestry, Part 3
A Cherokee Can’t Be Found, Because A Cherokee Isn’t There
Elizabeth Warren, Who Do You Think You Are?

You dropped a funny.
Didn't even look, did you? :lmao:

Gotcha.[/QUOTE

when I was a little girl-----with braids and bangs------I was delighted when people called me either "princess summer, fall, winter spring OR Pocahantis

i don't know how to define whether or not the term "pocahontas" used in that context is a racial slur or wtf ever it is but rational Americans know it is disgraceful for POTUS to speak in such an undignified manner at such an event...

sadly, mr trump has lowered the national discourse bar to a shameful level. GREAT!! :doubt:

News Flash:
If Native Americans are offended by a remark
then yes it is offensive to them!

Offense is relative.

Just because you or I am not offended
doesn't give us the right to dictate if others may or may not be!

As the Women's Center states it:
"If it hurts, it's abuse."

Trump may have intended to be funny and not offend the way he did.
Just because his intent and humor was somewhere else,
doesn't mean the offense to the audience wasn't real.

It may not have been intended that way,
but if it offended people, yes it did cause offense!

Gotcha.
That's why he put it in the Political Satire forum, I betcha.
Nothing "fake" about the statement she made, though. I heard it.

There is no legal right not to be offended by speech.

Nor are there legal restrictions preventing offense beyond profanity and slander.

Things were better when these concepts were followed.

There is no legal right not to be offended.

Nor are there legal restrictions preventing offense beyond profanity and slander.

Things were better when these concepts were followed.

national discourse from POTUS goes way beyond that and criticism is not at all about what you dumbo parrots claim.

Forum List

Back