Pocahontas is not a racial slur says prominent white expert

Discussion in 'Political Satire' started by DrLove, Nov 28, 2017.

1. DrLove

DrLove Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,487
    Thank God for white experts! :lmao:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J. Trump’s use of the name “Pocahontas” at a White House event honoring Navajo veterans was not a racial slur, a prominent white expert said on Monday.

“If some Native Americans were offended by the use of this term, I’m sorry that they’re so wrong,” the expert said. “As a white person, I think I’m in a better position to know about this stuff.”

She also defended the decision to honor the Navajo veterans near a portrait of Andrew Jackson, who is widely reviled by Native Americans. “Before we held the ceremony, we consulted with a number of other white experts, and we all agreed that Andrew Jackson was great,” she said.

At times, the white expert seemed exasperated at having to explain to Native Americans what was a racial slur and what was not. “Look, I can explain it to them, but it’s real time-consuming, and I have a lot of other stuff to do,” she said.

In closing, the Caucasian said that accusing Trump of intentionally offending the Navajos was absurd. “No one knows more about offending people than Donald Trump,” she said.​

“Pocahontas” Not a Racial Slur, Says Prominent White Expert

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. TNHarley

TNHarley Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,443
    Fauxahontas would be more appropros

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Valerie

Valerie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,395
    so where is the proof that elizabeth warren does not in fact have native american DNA??

hint: it does not exist. (but don't tell that to the fake news parrots!) :laugh:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Valerie

Valerie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,395
    the current white house is the biggest fake news outlet going... WOW! they are making America GREAT!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62,076
    Sadly it is true

This administration has totally lost the trust of the people. Nobody can believe any statement coming out of the White House
    And it started with Day 1 claims about the crowds at the innaguration

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Billy_Kinetta

Billy_Kinetta Paladin of the Lost Hour Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,709
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Valerie

Valerie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,395
    the political brow beaters created this non issue then tried to force chief warren to take a DNA test which, good for her, she told them to fuck off... the dumbo parrots have been repeating this dig at her ever since. must be because they have such weak arguments against the merits of her politics. these rabid assholes never let facts get in the way of their dumbo parrot talking points.

Is Warren part Native American?

Warren says, yes, she is, and points to "family stories" passed down to her through generations as evidence.
    "I am very proud of my heritage," Warren told NPR in 2012. "These are my family stories. This is what my brothers and I were told by my mom and my dad, my mammaw and my pappaw. This is our lives. And I'm very proud of it."

In that account and others, a genealogist traced Warren's Native American heritage to the late 19th century, which, if true, would make her 1/32 Native American.

Did it play a role in her career?

Harvard Law School in the 1990s touted Warren, then a professor in Cambridge, as being "Native American." They singled her out, Warren later acknowledged, because she had listed herself as a minority in an Association of American Law Schools directory. Critics note that she had not done that in her student applications and during her time as a teacher at the University of Texas.

Warren maintains she never furthered her career by using her heritage to gain advantage.

Here's the deal with Elizabeth Warren's Native American heritage

8. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,310
    You are aware that a disclaimer on the aticle itself says this is satire.

It is admittely fake news.

Gotcha.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Billy_Kinetta

Billy_Kinetta Paladin of the Lost Hour Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,709
    You dropped a funny.
    Didn't even look, did you? :lmao:

10. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,977