Pobrecito Lakers

Heh, nice work by the Celdicks, I hate their whole franchise and the disgusting, racist city of Boston... But they were the better team. I think I have a much better understanding of the game than the average casual fan and I'm still trying to figure out some of those defensive sets Thibodeau cooked up.

This loss hurts, but the Lakers did fine for a team basically assembled 4 months ago and missing its stud (and only true) center.

Bynum gets healthy, Kobe gets finger surgery, and Puke/Odom/Radman get packaged for SF who can lockdown anyone and shoot 3's (Tru Warier?) and we'll be back in the Finals next year to exact a cruel revenge upon Boston. We're gonna get more rings with young players who were bred and groomed in OUR system.

All that said, no moral victories. Celdicks were by far the best team in the league this year, they embarrassed my Lakers, and that's all that matters.

There are champions, and there are losers. No in between. The Celts are the champs and the Lakers are the losers. I hope the humiliation of game 6 stays with Sasha, Farmar, Odom, Gasol and Bynum (who was with the team) for the entire offseason.

The young Lakers will be a dynasty. Book it. Take a screenshot. Sticky it. Bump this thread next year. I dare ya.

Last edited:
Heh, nice work by the Celdicks, I hate their whole franchise and the disgusting, racist city of Boston... But they were the better team. I think I have a much better understanding of the game than the average casual fan and I'm still trying to figure out some of those defensive sets Thibodeau cooked up.

This loss hurts, but the Lakers did fine for a team basically assembled 4 months ago and missing its stud (and only true) center.

Bynum gets healthy, Kobe gets finger surgery, and Puke/Odom/Radman get packaged for SF who can lockdown anyone and shoot 3's (Tru Warier?) and we'll be back in the Finals next year to exact a cruel revenge upon Boston. We're gonna get more rings with young players who were bred and groomed in OUR system.

All that said, no moral victories. Celdicks were by far the best team in the league this year, they embarrassed my Lakers, and that's all that matters.

There are champions, and there are losers. No in between. The Celts are the champs and the Lakers are the losers. I hope the humiliation of game 6 stays with Sasha, Farmar, Odom, Gasol and Bynum (who was with the team) for the entire offseason.

The young Lakers will be a dynasty. Book it. Take a screenshot. Sticky it. Bump this thread next year. I dare ya.

You'll probably be ok, what with your 238928989025 total championships through NBA history.

I'm still just hoping to witness a Philadelphia sports championship of ANY kind before I DIE. I mean, what the fuck, we couldn't even get a damn HORSE to win the big one.

I'd be cool with the Eagles winning a Super Bowl. I've always liked McNabb and I hope he gets a ring before he retires.

Baseball's really hard to predict this far out, but the Phillies could make a run this year...

Sixers have problems... They made an impressive showing against the Pistons but an NBA title seems sort of distant. If I'm their GM I trade Iggy to LA for Walton and Radman and build around them :D

And of course the Flyers are due for a Stanley Cup one of these years...

You'll probably be ok, what with your 238928989025 total championships through NBA history.

I'm still just hoping to witness a Philadelphia sports championship of ANY kind before I DIE. I mean, what the fuck, we couldn't even get a damn HORSE to win the big one.

The Sixers won in 83 and Dr J got his ring. I was totally a Dr J fan. I assume you aren't old enough to remember that?

They swept the Lakers 4-0

I'd be cool with the Eagles winning a Super Bowl. I've always liked McNabb and I hope he gets a ring before he retires.

Baseball's really hard to predict this far out, but the Phillies could make a run this year...

Sixers have problems... They made an impressive showing against the Pistons but an NBA title seems sort of distant. If I'm their GM I trade Iggy to LA for Walton and Radman and build around them :D

And of course the Flyers are due for a Stanley Cup one of these years...

LOL. It's easy to look at it like that from the outside, but as a Philly fan, those variables have existed for each of my teams many times over during my 28 years, and as Gunny points out, the Sixers '83 championship was the last parade through Philly. I was probably just learning how to piss in the potty then.

I've had my heart broken so many times, I'm numb to it at this point. As Philly fans, we EXPECT to choke. Joe Carter still causes me to lose sleep, and the last 3 minutes of Super Bowl XXXIX will be burned into my brain forever. Not to mention your Lakers winning a certain NBA title in 2001, and the Red Wings sweeping my Flyers in '96.

GunnyL said:
The Sixers won in 83 and Dr J got his ring. I was totally a Dr J fan. I assume you aren't old enough to remember that?
Yeah I was just about to turn 3 when that happened. A little too early for it to have an impact on my career as a sports fan.

They swept the Lakers 4-0
I was a South Jersey girl at the time, the Sixers was our Team..... and I remember Dr j getting his ring....(And that's as far as I am going in hinting my age!!!!) :eusa_silenced:
hahahahahahahaha!

Care

I was a South Jersey girl at the time, the Sixers was our Team..... and I remember Dr j getting his ring....(And that's as far as I am going in hinting my age!!!!) :eusa_silenced:
hahahahahahahaha!

Care

South Jersey representin' baby!

What part?

Please, Kobe will have another off season meltdown. Gasol is so fragile he won't last through the year and Odom is a has been. The Lakers will be lucky to get out of the division series next year.

Please, Kobe will have another off season meltdown. Gasol is so fragile he won't last through the year and Odom is a has been. The Lakers will be lucky to get out of the division series next year.

I agree...there going to have quite the road ahead of them

Forum List

Back