PNAS an old fraud fave, achieves a new low

PNAS, the organization that old fraud, Chris and of konrad bow to the east for has published yet another silly article. I particularly liked Pielke Jr.s take on it.

Roger Pielke Jr.'s Blog: Silly Science

Lies, lies and more lies. When have I ever cited PNAS? PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

konrad,

You my good friend are a hoot! Now what was that about lies and more lies?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/122091-not-all-expertise-is-equal.html

I believe you started the thread below...No? Why yes it is you that started that thread.

Game. Set. And I believe that is Match as well!:cuckoo:

You didn't answer my question, westy. More distraction to put us off the track of your lies? I quoted a CBS story that happened to reference a PNAS paper. How is that bowing down to anyone? At least I have logic and scientific experience on my side. You only parrot things that you agree with, regardless of whether they make any sense. I'll go head-to-head with you anytime in a legitimate scientific forum. Make sure you wear your 'Depends'. :cool:

You didn't answer my question, westy. More distraction to put us off the track of your lies? I quoted a CBS story that happened to reference a PNAS paper. How is that bowing down to anyone? At least I have logic and scientific experience on my side. You only parrot things that you agree with, regardless of whether they make any sense. I'll go head-to-head with you anytime in a legitimate scientific forum. Make sure you wear your 'Depends'. :cool:

konrad,

When presented with evidence that completely blows your juvenile attack against someone it is customary to apologise. You accused me of lying. I showed you (and the world for that matter) that yes indeed you had cited PNAS (which is what you challenged me to do), the fact that you havn't enough imagination to add your own thoughts and merely copied what the article said is not relevant. You started a thread that cited PNAS you claimed you didn't ergo you were in error. Your continued denial of said fact in evidence however now elevates you to old fraud status YOU ARE THE LYING PIECE OF SHIT HERE BUCKO!

Don't forget this one.

It's funny how you'll all jump on board with a suggestion that, if 1/3 of humans do something, we should see things happen re: GW, but completely discount the fact that 1/2 of all trapped infra-red radiation would statistically be re-emitted toward earth, thereby warming it. More evidence of the intellectual dishonesty of the denier side! What's even more laughable is that they applaud the words of a Game Show host, but discount a PNAS article!!!

Don't forget this one.

It's funny how you'll all jump on board with a suggestion that, if 1/3 of humans do something, we should see things happen re: GW, but completely discount the fact that 1/2 of all trapped infra-red radiation would statistically be re-emitted toward earth, thereby warming it. More evidence of the intellectual dishonesty of the denier side! What's even more laughable is that they applaud the words of a Game Show host, but discount a PNAS article!!!

Hi Bern,

Thanks for that. I hadn't forgotten it. I was just waiting to use it in the further destruction of this particular intellectualy dishonest silly person.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31FFTx6AKmU]YouTube - Election Night Special[/ame]

The effect of refugees crossing national borders in massive numbers is one of the predicted effects of a major climate change. To consider what would be done in that case in sane, insanity is failing to consider this in advance, and then get caught without any kind of policy or plan as it happens. Kind of like waiting for a deep sea oil well to blow out before making any plans on how to cap one.

The effect of refugees crossing national borders in massive numbers is one of the predicted effects of a major climate change. To consider what would be done in that case in sane, insanity is failing to consider this in advance, and then get caught without any kind of policy or plan as it happens. Kind of like waiting for a deep sea oil well to blow out before making any plans on how to cap one.

Well gee old fraud we've only had 20 million or so come over the border illegaly to find work. This is just more ridiculous hyperbole you silly person. And once again PNAS is revealed as the ridiculous organization they are.

Dr. Pielke Jr.s response is absolutely on point and further exposes PNAS as the moonbat organization it is...and that you love so much...interesting though how konrad is trying to distance himself from it...too bad for him that people around here have memories longer than that of a gnat.

"To be blunt, the paper is guesswork piled on top of "what ifs" built on a foundation of tenuous assumptions. The authors seem to want to have things both ways -- they readily acknowledge the many and important limitations of their study, but then go on to assert that "it is nevertheless instructive to predict future migrant flows for Mexico using the estimates at hand to assess the possible magnitude of climate change–related emigration." It can't be both -- if the paper has many important limitations, then this means that that it is not particularly instructive. With respect to predicting immigration in 2080 (!), admitting limitations is no serious flaw.

To use this paper as a prediction of anything would be a mistake. It is a tentative sensitivity study of the effects of one variable on another, where the relationship between the two is itself questionable but more importantly, dependent upon many other far more important factors. The authors admit this when they write, "It is important to note that our projections should be interpreted in a ceteris paribus manner, as many other factors besides climate could potentially influence migration from Mexico to the United States." but then right after they assert, "Our projections are informative,nevertheless, in quantifying the potential magnitude of impacts of climate change on out-migration." It is almost as if the paper is written to be misinterpreted.

Climate change is real and worthy of our attention. Putting forward research claims that cannot be supported by the underlying analysis will not help the credibility of the climate science community. Even with the voluminous caveats in the paper, to conclude that "climate change is estimated to induce 1.4 to 6.7 million adult Mexicans (or 2% to 10% of the current population aged 15–65 y) to emigrate as a result of declines in agricultural productivity alone" is just not credible. The paper reflects a common pattern in the climate impacts literature of trying to pin negative outcomes on climate change using overly simplistic methods and ignoring those factors other than climate which have far more effect."

Sure the NAS is a ridiculous silly institution, as is the AGU, the GSA, and all those other silly scientific societies. One need only to listen to the rantings of our faux geologist to know all things.

Sure the NAS is a ridiculous silly institution, as is the AGU, the GSA, and all those other silly scientific societies. One need only to listen to the rantings of our faux geologist to know all things.

Hate to tell you old fraud but you've lost this round. It's not me, it's actual real climatologists who think PNAS is ridiculous now. Here is something else to consider, heat is good for Brazil the breadbasket of South America. The temps there are on average 6 degrees C greater than Mexico.

"He and his friends essentially claim that global warming is going to be the main reason of the Mexican illegal immigration. Between 1.4 and 6.7 million Mexicans will arrive to the U.S. by 2080 because their agriculture will get worse, and so on. Of course, this statement is completely preposterous but the media make it even worse when they exclusively quote the upper "6.7 million" figure in the title.

The number of Mexicans who actually move because of the temperatures may be counted in thousands, not millions. If you check an encyclopedia, the daily temperatures in Mexico City go from 6 to 21 °C in January to 12 to 26 °C in May (the figures are average lows and average highs in the months). In average, there's no excessive heat over there. And the agriculture is not getting worse because of the climate change.

You may check that e.g. Sao Paolo in Brazil, the agricultural powerhouse of Latin America, has temperatures by about 6 °C higher than Mexico City. They're even higher in Rio de Janeiro. Warmth is surely not a problem.

I think that only insane people may have doubts that what drives the overwhelming portion of the immigrants is the economy. The Mexican GDP per capita is 5 times (nominal) or 3 times (PPP) lower than in the U.S. Well, such things make a difference."

How are things at Evraz these days?
Penance going well?

Last edited:

Hate to tell you old fraud but you've lost this round. It's not me, it's actual real climatologists who think PNAS is ridiculous now. Here is something else to consider, heat is good for Brazil the breadbasket of South America. The temps there are on average 6 degrees C greater than Mexico.

"He and his friends essentially claim that global warming is going to be the main reason of the Mexican illegal immigration. Between 1.4 and 6.7 million Mexicans will arrive to the U.S. by 2080 because their agriculture will get worse, and so on. Of course, this statement is completely preposterous but the media make it even worse when they exclusively quote the upper "6.7 million" figure in the title.

The number of Mexicans who actually move because of the temperatures may be counted in thousands, not millions. If you check an encyclopedia, the daily temperatures in Mexico City go from 6 to 21 °C in January to 12 to 26 °C in May (the figures are average lows and average highs in the months). In average, there's no excessive heat over there. And the agriculture is not getting worse because of the climate change.

You may check that e.g. Sao Paolo in Brazil, the agricultural powerhouse of Latin America, has temperatures by about 6 °C higher than Mexico City. They're even higher in Rio de Janeiro. Warmth is surely not a problem.

I think that only insane people may have doubts that what drives the overwhelming portion of the immigrants is the economy. The Mexican GDP per capita is 5 times (nominal) or 3 times (PPP) lower than in the U.S. Well, such things make a difference."

Penance going well?

Things are going very well for me at Evraz. The unit I work in doing six days a week for most of the fellows. I get more overtime than I want at this time in my life. And recieved my fourth merit raise in a row.

Penance? You will have to explain that one. All of the Portland area employees will recieve a profit sharing check tomorrow. Not like the 70% checks in 2008 and some ealier years, but, in this economy, any profit is welcome.

Penance going well?

Things are going very well for me at Evraz. The unit I work in doing six days a week for most of the fellows. I get more overtime than I want at this time in my life. And recieved my fourth merit raise in a row.

Penance? You will have to explain that one. All of the Portland area employees will recieve a profit sharing check tomorrow. Not like the 70% checks in 2008 and some ealier years, but, in this economy, any profit is welcome.

I am glad of that, for you and the other employees there. The pennance is in reference to the polluting nature of the steel industry. I figure the reason you are so passionate about environmentalism is because you feel bad working in such a polluting industry. Thus the pennance.

Forum List

Back