PM’s are they being viewed by the mods & why?

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by 90K, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64

I understand that Greg is footing the bill here and I respect that, but what I can’t understand is why people need to read our PM’s? Look I haven’t had any issues since my time here and I believe I’ve been a decent citizen here and my post for the most part have been within the lines stated in the guidelines. I also understand that some folks have been under minding this site and it has started a riff and they moved and whatnot. If egos and power are the problem well that is human nature.
    I lived in an institution for 6.5 years from the age of 12~18 and I had my mail read like a prisoner and to this day I hate my privacy being compromised at any cost for any reason.
    My point here is this---> You need to read my PM’s then you need to ban me for life! I’ll accept that and I won’t ever come back as anyone else. If I’m asked about this site I will state the policy as I knew it and I won’t bash it or give negative online comments to your place. I disagree with this policy and I want it formally heard. If this isn’t true then stand up and make it clear this isn’t policy!!! if it is then tell the people the truth-->you pay the bills and you can do as you please.
    But I want to be banned if this rumor is true because you have no respect for me or respect for any other regular posters.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Greg will address this more fully later. For now let me say that no one is reading anyone's pm's. Does the owner have the ability to do so? Yes. However those with some tech knowledge will appreciate that codes have to be entered, times, and I really don't know what not. It's not something that is done routinely and to the best of my knowledge, not to anyone that didn't have access to moderation.

I appreciate the way you asked, no cussing, etc. Thanks for a chance to answer.

3. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Thanks,
    I'm just a guest on this site and I appreciate being allowed to come here and read, post and whatnot. But it shouldn't be a big surprise that some others outside this arena are sending things out and saying something’s. Far be it from me but it could start issues about this subject. I actually have nothing to hide but I believe it is the principle if nothing more and I again realize I'm a guest and nothing more and having said this I hope everyone will get a clearer answer on this.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Thanks. I do know that the capability is there. I would caution anyone about putting anything personal out on the www. I learned that the hard way myself. As you say, it's the owners 'property' the rest of us can enjoy it or walk away. I'm glad this helped, I'm sure Greg will be addressing this more thoroughly later.

5. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    I certainly respect your "take" on this Kathianne, BUT viewing PM's for ANY reason seems suspect to me.

Is this a security issue?

I'll give Greg his chance at the podium, it is after all, his house, and I appreciate him "inviting" me over.:cool:

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'm not going into explanations of what happened. I doubt Greg will either, other than in general terms, not person by person. As I said, we all make our own decisions and should respect each other. This stuff should be fun, not scary.

7. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I agree. So why should we worry about our PM's being read?

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I didn't say that. Personally, I don't, but can understand why the concern with all the discussion.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I think there may be more questions, but the bell rang, so later folks.

10. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I've gotten 3 pm's and an email from another member’s site and the whole deal is about privacy and the lack of on this site....What does this mean? I guess ego and personalities. My post normally keeps those personalities out and I'm just neither here nor there. My point is if my contact with another member is being viewed when I have nothing to say that warrants such scrutiny then I kind of don't think that is right. I use PM as a means to BS with other members but I haven't found it necessary to bash anyone. PM is private I am saying that and I've said more than once already I have nothing to hide, but it must be a topic of discussion here and that is why I felt completed to say what I said initially.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.