PM to Abbas

"...I assert that there is not a Jewish nation. The members of my family, for instance, who have been in this country for generations, have no sort or kind of community of view or of desire with any Jewish family in any other country beyond the fact that they profess to a greater or less degree the same religion. It is no more true to say that a Jewish Englishman and a Jewish Moor are of the same nation than it is to say that a Christian Englishman and a Christian Frenchman are of the same nation..."

This reflected the majority view amongst Jewish people in 1917.

Even if this is true (and I do not believe in any way that it is) -- so what? How does this apply to solving the conflict today? Except to try to deny or erase the Jewish people?

Should we take the majority view of the Arabs and say that there were no such thing as Palestinians in 1917, therefore Palestinians don't exist and have no rights?
Except to try to deny or erase the Jewish people?​

Nobody in the BDS movement is saying anything about "erasing" the Jews. The whole movement is for equal rights for all.

"...I assert that there is not a Jewish nation. The members of my family, for instance, who have been in this country for generations, have no sort or kind of community of view or of desire with any Jewish family in any other country beyond the fact that they profess to a greater or less degree the same religion. It is no more true to say that a Jewish Englishman and a Jewish Moor are of the same nation than it is to say that a Christian Englishman and a Christian Frenchman are of the same nation..."

This reflected the majority view amongst Jewish people in 1917.

Even if this is true (and I do not believe in any way that it is) -- so what? How does this apply to solving the conflict today? Except to try to deny or erase the Jewish people?

Should we take the majority view of the Arabs and say that there were no such thing as Palestinians in 1917, therefore Palestinians don't exist and have no rights?
Except to try to deny or erase the Jewish people?​

Nobody in the BDS movement is saying anything about "erasing" the Jews. The whole movement is for equal rights for all.

Which means that the arab muslims calling themselves palestinians should be living on the other side of the river Jordan. So giving the Isreali's the same rights as the arab muslims to enforce international law of 1924 that says the arab muslims have the right to deny Jews entry, and the same to the Jews in their NATIONal home

Challenger simply denies that the Jewish people exist.

Historical fact and Archaeology denies the existence of a Jewish ethnicity; "The Jewish People" are a Zionist invention that has become mainstream when it was once considered a whack-job fringe theory. Even Jewish people today still think it is, although they are now a minority (it doesn't mean they're wrong).

Challenger, your erasure of the Jewish people is deeply disturbing. Its also demonstrably false and therefore an irrational belief. It is impossible to hold discussions with irrational people.

(For those lurkers who may not have fallen into this level of irrationality: There is plenty of historical, practical and archaeological evidence for the existence of the Jewish people, going back thousands of years, by any criteria you care to apply. And yes, there are minority, extremist sects of Jews who believe, as a religious tenet of faith, that return to Eretz Israel may only happen after certain religious conditions are fulfilled. This is a tenet of faith, and does not in any way deny either the existence of the Jewish people, nor Jewish history.)
There is plenty of historical, practical and archaeological evidence for the existence of the Jewish people, going back thousands of years, by any criteria you care to apply.​

Indeed, and I have never said otherwise.

LIAR you have always denied the Jews their legal, moral and human rights

you expected something different from him after all this time? His needle is stuck and even dancing elephants is not going to get it to move.

Where do you get that I'm talking about the BDS movement? Challenger erases the Jewish people. Freeman erases the Jewish people. Penelope erases the Jewish people. You erase the Jewish people. Abbas and the UN erase the Jewish people. Muslims erase the Jewish people when they tantrum about Jewish presence and prayer at the Jewish Holy Place. And, yes, so does BDS.

Equality? There is not equality from Team Palestine. Equality would look like this:

Of course the Jewish people are a people! Of course the Palestinian people are a people!

Yes! The Jewish people (all of them, as identified by them) have rights to self-determination on part of the territory!
Yes! The Palestinian people (all of them, as identified by them) have rights to self-determination on part of the territory!

Yes! The Jewish people should have a nation! Yes! The Palestinian people should have a nation!

Yes! Everyone should be able to visit and pray on the Temple Mount/Harim Al-Sharif and at the other historical and Holy sites.

Its the lack of equality which is the source of the problem.

Forum List

Back