PM: Jerusalem is exclusive capital of the Jewish people

Erdogan says "Jerusalem is our city!" meaning part of the Ottoman Empire...

Mindful, you connected Ottoman Empire with Jerusalem so I took a look to see what the connection was. In my search I found a reference to Turkey; Egypt; Greece; Bulgaria; Romania; Macedonia; Hungary; Palestine; Jordan; Lebanon; Syria; Parts of Arabia; Much of the coastal strip of North Africa but no “Israel” or Jewish homeland. But I did find this-- Under the millet system the Jews were organized as a community.

Ottoman Empire
The Ottoman Empire now included so much of the territory where Islam was practiced, and so many of the Islamic holy places, that Suleiman was widely regarded as the religious leader of Islam, as well as the earthly ruler of most Muslims.

The Ottoman Empire was the one of the largest and longest lasting Empires in history.

It was an empire inspired and sustained by Islam, and Islamic institutions.

At its peak it included:
Turkey; Egypt; Greece; Bulgaria; Romania; Macedonia; Hungary; Palestine; Jordan; Lebanon; Syria; Parts of Arabia; Much of the coastal strip of North Africa

The first Orthodox Christian millet was established in 1454. This brought Orthodox Christians into a single community under the leadership of the Patriarch who had considerable authority given to him by the Sultan. Armenian Christian, Jewish and other millets followed in due course.

Under the millet system the Jews were organized as a community on the basis of religion, alongside the other millets (e.g. Orthodox millet, Armenian millet, etc.).

The Ottoman Jews enjoyed similar privileges to those of the Orthodox. The city of Thessaloniki received a great influx of Jews in the 15th century.

prosperity of medieval Jews was closely tied to that of their Muslim governors. Stillman notes that, during the time between the 9th and 13th centuries when Jewish culture blossomed, many Jews looked favorably upon millet.

In the late 19th century such groups as the Bilu, a group of young Russian Jews who were pioneers of the Zionist resettlement of Palestine,
BBC - Religions - Islam: Ottoman Empire (1301-1922)

“Since it was young Russian Jews who were pioneers of the Zionist resettlement of Palestine

Many Israeli Jews refuse to even accept the existence of a place called “Palestine”; yet here it is. And the term “Israel” cannot be found but the term Zionist” can.

Based on the above and other records I do not believe the Jews have a “claim” to Jerusalem or the land surrounding it.

The Jews need to accept this, welcome the Palestinians into their homes and become one with the rest
:)-

ME history didn't start or end with the Ottomans. They came along way way late. The Ottomans invited Russian Jews into the region after the end of the civil war with Egypt to resettle the area nd make it profitable; few Arabs lived there and those few that did avoided both taxes and the draft, so don't count as 'citizens' anyway, and later on after the big Brtish and Jewish investments and land purchases migrant labor began coming in; that's the recent history; Mindful is right, arabs didn't want it until the Jews came in big numbers and re-settled it. Arabs wouldn't have been caught dead there if they could help it, the few there were hiding out in the hills from tax collectors and the drafts. After WW II there was no place else to go for the camp survivors, many of whom were still in the camps two years after the war was over.

Below is the history of the Jews; from being shepherds.,.,.,.,.,.,

(Gen 47:3 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they [the Jews] said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.To becoming rulers over all of Egypt

(Gen 41:40 KJV) [Pharaoh said unto Joseph ] Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.

(Gen 41:44 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.

(Gen 45:20 KJV) Also regard not your stuff; for the good of all the land of Egypt is yours.

(Gen 45:21 KJV) And the children of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them wagons, according to the commandment of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.

(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:5 KJV) And Pharaoh spake unto Joseph, saying, Thy father [ISRAEL] and thy brethren are come unto thee:

(Gen 47:6 KJV) The land of Egypt is before thee; in the best of the land make thy father and brethren to dwell; in the land of Goshen let them dwell: and if thou knowest any men of activity among them, then make them rulers over my cattle.

(Gen 47:11 KJV) And Joseph placed his father [ISRAEL] and his brethren, and gave them a possession in the land of Egypt, in the best of the land, in the land of Rameses, as Pharaoh had commanded.

The Jews ruled over Egypt until the day Moses murders a fellow Jew,.,.,.,.,.,.,

And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brothers, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brothers. And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Why smite you your fellow?

Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelled in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well. Moses and all the others flee Egypt and are scattered throughout the land.

Which marks the END of the Jewish rule over Egypt & from there the Jewish murdering continued up to today because murdering is all they know

Because of the above the Lord said, thy shall be no more remembered and so it is being done in our lifetime,

Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

& so; it is being done in your lifetime;

According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."
The End... Prophetic Insights into the Last Days
Jewish population by country - Wikipedia

Going, going, going--- gone

Arabs are killing each off way faster than that .

And then there are the millions upon millions of 'refugees', now making shitholes out of European cities now, around 20 million in the last few years alone. Ass kissing 'enlightened n tolerant' left wing Sweden's cities are the rape capitals of Europe now. Sorry, no sale on the bad spin and attempt at some sort of numbers game. Arabs are disappearing a whole lot faster than Jews. In a decade or two when most of the cheap oil is pumped out and sold the massacres and exodus of Arabs will be much greater.

Last edited:
According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year
Yeah. Tell that to so called Orthodox Jews with several kids per family. They will be somewhat surprised.

Yahweh names himself as the 'G-d of Israel,” He did not name himself the G-d of any other nation in this manner.

The G-d of Jerusalem is the key to the house of Israel, to Jesus, to all other beliefs, and to the end of the age of man.

G-d's seat is in Jerusalem which is in Judah which was under the control of Judah, the leader and not first born. In the act of naming himself, the G-d of Israel, is distinguished both from the deity of philosophical speculations and from the gods of the polytheistic religions.

But.

Judah is not in control of Israel.

Thanks for your time. It will all come in G-d's time and not the time of man... which is ending.

Last edited:

At Jerusalem Day ceremony, PM Benjamin Netanyahu says, "Jerusalem is the secret to our existence ... We will not divide it and we will not hand it over to foreigners" • Clashes erupt between Jews and Arabs during annual Jerusalem Day march in Old City.

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=25545

I think the Pals have a right to Jerusalem as well, more so even, but when you have the powerful weapons and money , you can have whatever city you want , right.
It's not their country. They are immigrants from Arab lands. They are OCCUPIERS.

Yeah. Tell that to so called Orthodox Jews with several kids per family. They will be somewhat surprised.

several means two added while mom and pop gone equals a zero sum game.
Having said that, ESay, for your sake and family, go out and have a few more.
just asking

no animosity intended or implied :)-

Arabs are killing each off way faster than that .

There are 423.4 million Arabs living on our planet
Arab world - Wikipedia

There are 14.9 million Jews living on our planet

Jewish population by country - Wikipedia

And the Arab population is on the rise

The Jewish population is stagnating

The above are just facts.,,.,.,, the truth is; I wish them both a fruitful and happy life today and forevermore

There aren't 423.4 million Arabs in the ME. But I'm glad you wish them all happiness and the like, right up until your hope that Jews get genocided out of the ME comes true.

RE: PM: Jerusalem is the exclusive capital of the Jewish people
⁜→ Hossfly, Death Angel, Penelope, et al,

BLUF: I don't think this question has been decided yet. And I think that the Israeli Government should remain silent on the issue, least the ignite an unnecessary media campaign against them. No one is sure how this will playout. And the Israelis should not give their opponents any additional ammunition.

At Jerusalem Day ceremony, PM Benjamin Netanyahu says, "Jerusalem is the secret to our existence ... We will not divide it and we will not hand it over to foreigners" • Clashes erupt between Jews and Arabs during annual Jerusalem Day march in Old City.

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=25545

I think the Pals have a right to Jerusalem as well, more so even, but when you have the powerful weapons and money , you can have whatever city you want , right.
It's not their country. They are immigrants from Arab lands. They are OCCUPIERS.
(COMMENT)

I believe it is counter-productive for those that support Israel to bring up and use Religious doctrine to justify anything they do, let alone the question at hand.

The UN reaffirmed its resolution A/RES/66/18 • Jerusalem • 26 January 2012 regarding the status of Jerusalem, bearing in mind that the annexation of East Jerusalem is not recognized by the international community, and emphasizing the need for a way to be found through negotiations to resolve the status of Jerusalem as the capital of two States. While this may be partly the victim of being overtaken by events; the question is unresolved. The UN Resolution A/RES/67/19 • Status of Palestine • 4 December 2012 drives this point home when they accorded to Palestine non-member observer State status in the United Nations.

There is a very serious question before the Chambers now regarding The Question of Palestine.

Bibi has spoken. End of discussion.
(COMMENT)

Remember, 21st Outbursts like that of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu can still be overturned. And while Israel is not in the habit of returning territory, even the US has done so in the past for the sake of perspective and peace.

But the UN (and in particular the US) did something that back in November 1988 when the Arab Palestine (Palestine Liberations Organization) announced:

"The Palestine National Council hereby declares, in the Name of God and on behalf of the Palestinian Arab people, the establishment of the State of Palestine in the land of Palestine with its capital at Jerusalem."​

When there is NO Pushback, when the Allied Powers failed to speak in opposition to the declaration, it amounts to "tacit approval." And the courts are very keen on the idea of tacit approval. I'm not a lawyer, but I think that a lots rests on how sweeping the Montevideo Convention is on several matters; one being:

Article 7
The recognition of a state may be express or tacit. The latter results from any act which implies the intention of recognizing the new state.​

You never know how these things will be resolved until the court rules.

SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,
R

right up until your hope that Jews get genocided out of the ME comes true.
I never said such a thing. Those were your words, not mine. The only place that the demise of the Israelites is written is in the Old Testament. In the beginning God chose them to be His example to follow. God gave them instructions on how to treat the stranger in a kind and giving way. History has shown us that they chose a different path. From Moses murdering a fellow Jew to the IDF snipers shooting children as they sat in their UN sponsored classroom desks.

Still not all is lost; they still have a choice, they can still repent, ask the Lord for forgiveness and welcome the stranger as one of their own.

I can only pray that they do. Either way, life will go on with or without them & their destiny is their choice to make.

Make it wisely

Both the Israelis & the Palestinians should share Jerusalem.

I hope that the Palestinians will be gracious and understand that the Jewish people have been treated horribly throughout history, so Jerusalem means a lot to them.

I like to think that some thoughtful Palestinians realize that Israel simply cannot allow a fully independent Palestinian nation next to it. Its security would be in constant danger.

The Palestinians, I feel, should be satisfied with half a loaf (that is, some autonomy for the West Bank and a guaranteed portion of Jerusalem).

The G-d of Jerusalem is the key to the house of Israel, to Jesus, to all other beliefs, and to the end of the age of man.
Jesus was crucified because the Rabi’s told the Romans that if they crucify Jesus, the local Jewish community would stop resisting the Roman occupation & so.,.,., it was done.

The reason the Rabi’s wanted Jesus killed was to stop Jesus from preaching the verses in what is now called the Old Testament, which laid bare their ungodly acts.

The Palestinians, I feel, should be satisfied with half a loaf (that is, some autonomy for the West Bank and a guaranteed portion of Jerusalem).
TheParser, try telling Benjamin Netanyahu that.

The Israelis should learn how to live with half a loaf as well while returning the lands now occupied by UN declared unlawful settlements.

TheParser, try telling Benjamin Netanyahu that.

The Israelis should learn how to live with half a loaf as well while returning the lands now occupied by UN declared unlawful settlements.
Olmert offered to give back everything except the Jewish Quarter which was rejected. The Palestinians should have grabbed that 95 percent.
Better yet, the Arabs should have accepted the 67 Borders in 67.

Jesus was crucified because the Rabi’s told the Romans that if they crucify Jesus, the local Jewish community would stop resisting the Roman occupation & so.,.,., it was done.

The reason the Rabi’s wanted Jesus killed was to stop Jesus from preaching the verses in what is now called the Old Testament, which laid bare their ungodly acts.

Tell us what “ ungodly acts” the Rabbi’s committed. Wasn’t it the purpose of GOD to bring his only “ son” on earth to die on the cross?

Tell us what “ ungodly acts” the Rabbi’s committed.
SPITTING JUST MORE OF IT 2019

Israel's Interior Minister: 'Stop Spitting on Christians'

Avraham Poraz, Israel's interior minister, today [2004-10-13] issued a half-hearted statement condemning an increase in attacks on Christian clergy. Poraz urged Jews to "stop the repeated attacks on the religious minority."

It seems that the tradition of spitting on the cross is getting media attention outside of Israel, and fears are that it might damage the ethno-state's image.

The latest incident was last Sunday, when a Jew spit on a cross carried by Armenian archbishop Nourhan Manougian. The attack led to a scuffle in which the archbishop's medallion, worn by Armenian archbishops since the 17th century, was broken

Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them

by Amiram Barkat
A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window. When the clergyman let the window down, the passerby spat in his face.

The clergyman prefered not to lodge a complaint with the police and told an acquaintance that he was used to being spat at by Jews. Many Jerusalem clergy have been subjected to abuse of this kind. For the most part, they ignore it but sometimes they cannot.
Spitting on the Cross
HOLY SPIT: WHY DO ULTRA-ORTHODOX JEWS SPIT AT CHRISTIANS?
A very embarrassing and persistent problem has arisen in some of the sacred sites in Jerusalem where Christians and Jews cross each other’s paths. Teenagers from a small sector of the city’s many Ultra-Orthodox (“Haredi”) Ashkenazi Jewish communities have taken to spitting at clerics wearing prominent crosses and dressed in traditional garb.
Holy Spit: Why Do Ultra-Orthodox Jews Spit at Christians?

It's "Normal" for Jews to Spit on Christians in Jerusalem, says Top Catholic

Google “spitting on Christians”

Googled “spitting on Christians” and I got 632000 results (0.34 seconds). Can you guess who the spitter's were/are? As a Christian does this trouble...you?
Spitting update
Reality is at your door. Muslims do not do the following & now you know who does

Christians in Jerusalem Want Jews to Stop Spitting on Them a few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window.
Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them

Oct 12, 2004 - Christians in Jerusalem Want Jews to Stop Spitting on Them. A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window.
https://tinyurl.com/j77w4jd

12/15/11
DL: Spitting at Christians a 'repulsive act'
Jewish group calls on Israel's Chief Rabbinate to denounce decades-old ultra-Orthodox practice of spitting at Christian clergymen on the street. 'This is a hateful act of persecution against another faith group
https://www.ynetnews.com/home/0,7340,L-3443,00.html

CHRISTIANS FEEL GROWING OPPRESSION IN ISRAEL
March 22, 2012
Traditional Christians in Israel today who increasingly find themselves under assault, especially those living in or near orthodox Jewish neighborhoods. Last month, two churches were painted with slogans such as “Jesus is dead” and “Death to Christianity.” Many priests are daily spat upon when walking on the streets in Jerusalem.
https://tinyurl.com/y9jvz59g

I don’t always see eye-to-eye with Abe Foxman of the Jewish Antidefamation League (ADL), but I want to give him his props on a recent statement issued by the ADL.

According to a press release, issued December 7th, 2012

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has called on the Chief Rabbinate of Israel to publicly denounce the repulsive decades-old practice by ultra-Orthodox Jews of spitting at Christian clergymen they encounter in the street.
https://tinyurl.com/y8u3zfkd

Israel has not ruled out pre-emptive strike on Iran
Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Israeli Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday that Israel is not ruling out a preliminary strike against Iran, the Jerusalem Post reports. The PM made his statement during a memorial service for those who died in the Yom Kippur War, when Arab states led by Syrian and Egyptian armies ambushed Israel in a surprise attack on October 8th 1973. At the time of the strike which led to war, Israel had been observing Yom Kippur, the most solemn and holy day in the Jewish calendar, and a time when the country comes to a standstill.
Israel has not ruled out pre-emptive strike on Iran

NOTE: When benji does the above I hope and pray the US military stands down and does nothing to prevent the Arab world from retaliating against this “pre-emptive” strike

Last edited:

Forum List

Back