Plutonomics

I do not suppose Citi bank and WSJ are doing anything other than protecting their interests.

Then you should go back to page one of the thread and read the first few links posted because NO, CITI and the WSJ were NOT protecting their interests.

They were actively encouraging their readers to view the economy and the world thru a prism of "an uber elite" and "everybody else".

I double dog dare you to read what CITI and the WSJ had to say.

Your telling me what I should do.

I read it, I stated what I thought, I already determined your only point is Class Warfare. Every post you make just confirms that.

I do know the rich is not the problem, its the government. When you have a government that has grown as large as ours many problems occur.

Why are you not fixated on our energy policy, why is what the rich pay your most pressing concern. The cost of Energy effects your life directly. What the rich pay in tax will not do a thing to better your life.

Explain how taxing the rich more will effect your life personally. That is the part of the argument I have not seen.

all of that commentary illustrates that you don't have a clue what the thread is about.

Until you know what the thread is about you might as well save us from your babbling.

No, I just recognize the premise is false and your frustrated that you can not keep the debate focused on a false premise.

You ask more questions and redirect, you do not or have not proven your false premise.

"Of all occupations those are the least desirable in a free state which produce the most servile dependence of one class of citizens on another class. This dependence must increase as the mutuality of wants is diminished. Where the wants on one side are the absolute necessaries and on the other are neither absolute necessaries, nor result from the habitual economy of life, but are the mere caprices of fancy, the evil is in its extreme" -- James Madison; from Fashion (1792)

Hey fuckwit then WHY do you defend the rs all day long?

What I do is point out where the mess begins the economic mess is all democrats. I am certainly not going to pat the democrats on the back and say hey nice job. Unlike you and a few others I don't trumpet the horn of a political party but I never would support the current class of democrats that was just kicked to the crub this last year. Until you get rid of Ried Pelosi waters, McCain type people we will still have this mess. But by all means support the democrats, be stupid.

Everybody's!

Then the answer is that for most people the prosperity gauge is reading a negative value. Hence wages are flat or falling for the majority.

And the more the gubbamint tries to fix it the worse it will get

Government hasn't even tried to fix it.

They did try to fix the banks. Then they did try to spend as much porkulus as they could. Then they put a bandaid on the suffering of 10 million unemployed for 3 years....

But they haven't done a damned thing about any of the real problems in the economy.

I got news for you, Frank. Neither the dems or the repubs give a shit about helping Americans unless we have more money than we need or unless it's election day.

You're problem, truthdon'tmatter, is that you think anyone who criticizes the left is automatically supporting the GOP. That is not true. Your 'facts' aren't facts, sweetie, they are opinions. You can't tell the difference between fact and opinion.

I am right wing. I make no secret nor apology for it. You assume that means I support the GOP. I do not. Unlike you, I will not accept the lesser of two evils. I will accept only 'Government of the people, by the people, for the people'. I am not interested in special interests and I will not vote for anyone whose interests lie anywhere but with those that send them to DC. I have a higher standard than you.

You're problem, truthdon'tmatter, is that you think anyone who criticizes the left is automatically supporting the GOP. That is not true. Your 'facts' aren't facts, sweetie, they are opinions. You can't tell the difference between fact and opinion.

I am right wing. I make no secret nor apology for it. You assume that means I support the GOP. I do not. Unlike you, I will not accept the lesser of two evils. I will accept only 'Government of the people, by the people, for the people'. I am not interested in special interests and I will not vote for anyone whose interests lie anywhere but with those that send them to DC. I have a higher standard than you.

Amen or should I say A women my sister.:clap2:

but then again you are incoherent and hallucinating.

So your saying no to the "Flame Zone".

Go play in the flame zone. You keep telling me what I am saying even tho you have no idea what I said.

You might as well go play with yourself.

See things how you wish, your lucky, a lot of people have worked and died to give you that simple luxury.

I am not angry, I am not calling people names because my ideology and positions are based on facts and logic. It is frustrating as hell I am sure when all you were taught is so easily refutted with simple logic and my experience in life. I am lucky I guess. I never paid attention in school so I have no false understanding of life and politics.

I would go as far to say that you have a better education than I, or I should say you have a better government educaton than I do. My education has come from living life.

Our only problem is a government that is out of control. Politicians caused this, not a Republican or Democrat. Politicians caused our problems.

Maybe your problem with my posts is you perceive my posts in defending who you believe the problem to be. That should not be how you percieve what I posted.

I know rich people are most likely extremely bored. I imagine they look at the world like a game of monopoly, that is obvious but what is just as obvious is you cannot put all rich people in one catagory, that is stereotyping. I do not know if your stereotyping or not, but its a exteme minority of the rich. The only thing the rich can do is what an out of control government allows.

If the article does not point this out the article is based on a false premise. That there is corruption is nothing knew. That we have so many bueacraceies, lawyers, laws, regulations, is the problem.

It is frustrating as hell I am sure when all you were taught is so easily refutted with simple logic and my experience in life. I am lucky I guess. I never paid attention in school so I have no false understanding of life and politics.

I would go as far to say that you have a better education than I, or I should say you have a better government educaton than I do. My education has come from living life.

Our only problem is a government that is out of control. Politicians caused this, not a Republican or Democrat. Politicians caused our problems.

Maybe your problem with my posts is you perceive my posts in defending who you believe the problem to be. That should not be how you percieve what I posted.

I know rich people are most likely extremely bored. I imagine they look at the world like a game of monopoly, that is obvious but what is just as obvious is you cannot put all rich people in one catagory, that is stereotyping. I do not know if your stereotyping or not, but its a exteme minority of the rich. The only thing the rich can do is what an out of control government allows.

If the article does not point this out the article is based on a false premise. That there is corruption is nothing knew. That we have so many bueacraceies, lawyers, laws, regulations, is the problem.

My problem with your posts is that you don't even listen to what anybody else posts, you assume meanings that were not posted or intended.

You are arguing with yourself. Which is fine. Knock yourself out.

It is frustrating as hell I am sure when all you were taught is so easily refutted with simple logic and my experience in life. I am lucky I guess. I never paid attention in school so I have no false understanding of life and politics.

My problem with your posts is that you don't even listen to what anybody else posts, you assume meanings that were not posted or intended.

You are arguing with yourself. Which is fine. Knock yourself out.

That is actually no problem at all. If you do not see politics as I see them its just that you have a different education than I. Its as simple as that. I see why the WSJ prints what it does. I do not agree with a lot that the WSJ prints but it is in the WSJ's interest to have a large number of readers. I guess when it comes to money you think the WSJ is only interested in Republican money hence you believe this article is something other than it is not.

It serves the interest of the WSJ to print this article, here we have you quoting the article, that is more traffic to the WSJ website.

It sounds to me like you still have not learned. If your interested in more of my perspective feel free to ask, even if you must disguise your need for my knowledge as an insult.

That is actually no problem at all. If you do not see politics as I see them its just that you have a different education than I. Its as simple as that. I see why the WSJ prints what it does. I do not agree with a lot that the WSJ prints but it is in the WSJ's interest to have a large number of readers. I guess when it comes to money you think the WSJ is only interested in Republican money hence you believe this article is something other than it is not.

It serves the interest of the WSJ to print this article, here we have you quoting the article, that is more traffic to the WSJ website.

It sounds to me like you still have not learned. If your interested in more of my perspective feel free to ask, even if you must disguise your need for my knowledge as an insult.

there you go talking to yourself again.

The WSJ printed this article because they endorse the POV as a useful perspective from which to approach investing. They said so here:

All of which means that, like it or not, inequality isn’t going away and may become even more pronounced in the coming years. The best way for companies and businesspeople to survive in Plutonomies, Kapur implies, is to disregard the “mass” consumer and focus on the increasingly rich market of the rich.

A tough message — but one worth considering.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back