Pluto is larger than estimated

I was never in favor of Pluto's demotion.

Pluto is half the size of the US, Earth's moon is even larger than Pluto. But this is still cool, I can't wait to see what this rock looks like.
The last photo before the satellite stopped communicating to commence it's mission:

pluto-new-horizons-up-close.jpg
The "satellite" will be communicating for the next 16 months idiot.

Pluto is half the size of the US, Earth's moon is even larger than Pluto. But this is still cool, I can't wait to see what this rock looks like.
The last photo before the satellite stopped communicating to commence it's mission:

The satellite STOPPED communicating for 12 hours or so in order to commence the most important part of the flyby. They didn't want to risk overextending it by having it communicate during that time, and causing a malfunction like what happened a few days ago. That was the last image it sent the morning I posted that before it stopped communicating.

Now go fuck yourself.

Here's a woman who thinks size does matter. ;)

Problem with this issue is if planets too small aren't planets any more, than what about our Sun? Is it a star or a dwarf star? If you imagine the very largest stars filling your entire screens, our Sun by comparison is about the size of an individual pixel. So do we demote our Sun as a "star" because compared to others it's too small?

On the flipside of things, if we say Pluto's a "planet," then what about the other 7000 Kiper Belt objects? Are the ones orbiting the Sun also planets if sphereoid like Pluto?

I think 'dwarf planet' is fine. In the big scheme of things, who cares? Not like whatever it's called matters in real terms. Still gonna study it. Heck, put an asterisk by the term dwarf planet*. And a little footnote below reading like, 'planet' until 2007 or whatever it was, 'dwarf planet' from then on.

When

Here's a woman who thinks size does matter. ;)

Problem with this issue is if planets too small aren't planets any more, than what about our Sun? Is it a star or a dwarf star? If you imagine the very largest stars filling your entire screens, our Sun by comparison is about the size of an individual pixel. So do we demote our Sun as a "star" because compared to others it's too small?

On the flipside of things, if we say Pluto's a "planet," then what about the other 7000 Kiper Belt objects? Are the ones orbiting the Sun also planets if sphereoid like Pluto?

I think 'dwarf planet' is fine. In the big scheme of things, who cares? Not like whatever it's called matters in real terms. Still gonna study it. Heck, put an asterisk by the term dwarf planet*. And a little footnote below reading like, 'planet' until 2007 or whatever it was, 'dwarf planet' from then on.
Pluto, that lost step child, dwarf planet, a planetesimal. We might get to see other bodies in the Kuiper belt from New Horizons if I understand right.

The satellite STOPPED communicating for 12 hours or so in order to commence the most important part of the flyby. They didn't want to risk overextending it by having it communicate during that time, and causing a malfunction like what happened a few days ago. That was the last image it sent the morning I posted that before it stopped communicating.

Now go fuck yourself.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry I bothered.

I am looking at the newer picks Nasa has received so far. An Icy planet of Ammonia or Methane and a semi solid core .

Now go fuck yourself.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry I bothered.
I was right, and you're a jackass. What a stupid fight you decided to pick.

Forum List

Back